About This Event
A training with Cat Kabira is not an ordinary yoga teacher training. Get ready for a transformational and empowering journey that will do more than prepare you to teach yoga – it will change your life.
Sometimes we think we want to take a yoga training because we need to improve ourselves. We need to be a little more of this and a little less of that. That getting a better asana practice will somehow make us better. That we need to look Instagram-worthy.
What if the secret is that there’s nothing to fix and you are already whole? And your initiation as a teacher is learning how to meet the totality of who you truly are: your power, your gifts, your vulnerabilities, your wounds, your shadows, your delights, your expansion, your contraction? To be able to love yourself through everything. To be able to truly sit with yourself.
Cat likes to akin her Teacher Trainings to the Wizard of Oz. You sign up for the course looking for the Great Oz. And hopefully at the end, you do realize that the Oz is just a little man behind a curtain, and you had the power all along. And yet, the journey is what’s important. You need to walk this journey to know this. So, you come on this training because you’re ready to own who you have been…all along.
The Yoga of Energetics with Cat Kabira
Cat Kabira’s teacher training is something out of the ordinary. It offers a unique depth and honors the sensitivity to the subtler currents in the body. As a master of the subtle arts of energy, Cat works in a deep and profound way with blockages, whether it is emotional, physical, mental, karmic, or another energetic level. In a shamanic way, Cat safely and fully holds space for you to observe these blockages and watch them clear and transform, so that you can fully and wholly step into who you are and embody the teacher you want to be. And even more importantly, step forward as YOU.
This is your invitation to meet yourself on every level – for your spirit and the totality of your whole being. This is a practice that requires courage – it is asking you to come fully with, into, and through your heart. This can be an intense process – this dance with yourself – so do know that your commitment to this program is truly a deeper commitment to levels of yourself you may not have even met yet.
This training is right for you if you’re ready for something out of the ordinary… If you’re ready to meet yourself in deeper levels, and work with energy. You will step out of this training more aware, lighter, and empowered. After this training, you will continue your journey filled with gifts that will keep gifting you for years to come.
- Highlights of the Training
- Only one training per year
- Groups are kept small and intimate
- Support after training
- Investment for life
- Profound connections and relations
- Small faculty
- Venue close to nature
- Our faculty is small to provide depth and continuity. You can read more about the faculty further down this page.
- Cat Kabira: primary teacher, majority of hours
- Kirk Angelo Blaker:anatomy, acro-yoga, asana, meditation and pranayama
- Jerusha Rone:assistant, asana, co-teaching, and support
SchedulePlease note that this is just a sample schedule. The schedule will vary according to the group’s needs. You will receive a more in-depth schedule once accepted to the course.
7.30-9.45am:Meditation, Pranayama, Mantra, Asana
11.00am -1.00pm:Philosophy, Anatomy, Teaching and Assisting, Special Lectures
2.00pm-6.00pm:Evening Practice, Teaching Practice, Special Lectures
Sundays are our day of rest and integration and outdoor exploration.
- Includes beautiful shared accommodations, airport transfer, four meals per day, all instruction and props, and course manual.
What's Not IncludedAdditional activites and airfare.
Venue HighlightsTAKE A WALK ON THE WILD SIDE
- Gorgeous 15 acre beachfront resort surrounded by Nature at its Finest
- Fab tasty farm to table meals in our two award-winning restaurants serving edgy, modern fresh cuisine.- See the menus
- Two world class yoga studios with complimentary classes* and awesome retreats – check out our event schedule
- 55 foot chemical free pool and lounging hot tub
- Tricked Out jungle spa
- Great Staff
- Renowned Onsite Naturalist Guides
- Incredible adventures throughout the Osa – including the ‘jewel of Costa Rica,’ Corcovado National Park - be it tree climbing, waterfall rappelling, hiking, dolphin & whale spotting, fishing, kayaking, birding, horseback riding,
- Hammocks, Palapas, Beach Hangouts – rock out reading a book on the beach with a cool, tropical drink…
- A brand new tennis court – We have racquets and balls to lend – no shoes required.
- On its way – a world class ceramic studio – Pura Vida Ceramic Studio – Where Clay Comes to Play.
AccommodationsWherever you choose to kick off your flip flops, Iguana Lodge has awesome lodging options: secluded Casitas, epic Beach House, and upscale Club Rooms.
From a romantic getaway, to a family holiday or yoga retreat, we can cater to your accommodation needs. Solo travelers, honeymooners and large wedding parties rave about staying at Iguana Lodge too.
Your deluxe accommodations include:
- orthopedic beds
- 100% Egyptian cotton sheets
- bunches of fluffy towels and robes
- organic shampoos, soaps, and other goodies for the global traveler
- batik beach sarongs
- fresh tropical flowers
- free wifi
- ocean breezes backed up by quiet, cooling fans
All our accommodations are located on our gorgeous, six mile long deserted sand beach. Living in the tropics is all about outside living. Throughout the 15 acre property enjoy balconies, terraces, palapas, arbors, outdoor garden rooms and ever present hammocks and deck chairs — all the better to enjoy the view, the wildlife, your life. Iguana Lodge is about nature and peaceful co-existence. We do not provide televisions nor air-conditioning, however we do provide an awesome experience in the jungle on the beach.
CHIC CLUB ROOMS
Club Rooms are lovely hotel-like rooms with gorgeous travertine bathrooms and outdoor living areas for hanging out - facing the beach or the jungle.
Straight out of Jungle Architectural Digest, the secluded two-story casitas possess what designers call "tropical allure." Tarzan would be proud.
EPIC BEACH HOUSE
The Beach House is a striking three bedroom, three bath structure built high in the rainforest canopy overlooking the beach.
Menu/CuisineThe Pearl of the Osa Beach Bar & Grill
The Pearl is a great spot to have lunch, dinner, a cool tropical drink, or a tasty snack. The Pearl’s lunch and dinner menus are extensive, with favorites like Fish Tacos with Ginger Marmalade, Gloria’s Burrito, Avocado Orange Salad, Walnut Goat Cheese Salad, Chilled Gazpacho with Avocado, and Homemade Coffee Ice Cream. The food is modern, fresh, and edgy.
Dinner at Iguana Lodge’s famous Rancho
Dinner at the Iguana Rancho is the Pièce de Résistance of fine dining on the Osa designed and prepared by your hosts and their wonderful chef, Jose Azofeifa. (Jose, the former head chef of Lapa Rios, has worked for us for years, is the best chef on the Osa – we think the country.)