13 Day Authentic Buddhist Pilgrimage & Meditation Retreat in Sri Lanka
- Daily led meditation sessions
- Dharma talks on location
- Rituals and offerings amidst sacred temples and ancient ruins.
- 13 nights accommodation
- Breakfast and dinner
- Airport transfers
Daily excursion to a new sacred site
On site historical survey, scared rituals and Dharma talk
Local lunch and leisure time
Evening meditation, Dharma talk, group discussion
About This Event
This authentic Buddhist pilgrimage and meditation retreat takes you to the ancient, sacred sites of enchanting Sri Lanka.
Led by Dr. Miles Neale, contemplative psychotherapist & author of Gradual Awakening, this program offers a profound immersion into Sri Lanka’s Buddhist culture heritage and meditation practices. The island nation of unparalleled beauty welcomes us to explore new frontiers within and without.
Our 13-day adventure features daily guided mediations, ritual practices and Dharma talks set admits the sacred Buddhist sites, temples, stupas, and ancient ruins of Sri Lanka's 'Cultural Triangle'. We conclude with a relaxing day on the coast overlooking the Indian Ocean.
Whether you are a longtime practicing meditator or an intrigued wonderer of spiritual cultures, these pilgrimages as Miles meticulously creates them offers a rich and moving experience for all. Without a doubt they are life transforming. - Josh Rasp
- 13 nights’ accommodation
- Healthy meals on a half-board basis at the hotel (breakfast and dinner)
- Special welcome and farewell dinners, plus 1 picnic and 1 countryside tavern lunch
- 2 group airport transfers and ground transportation throughout the tour
- Tour leader expenses
- 1 Ayurveda wellness guide / coordinator throughout the tour
- Complimentary use of meditation space / shala with yoga mats/cushions outside of hotel regular schedule
- Local site guides during cultural excursions
- All Entrances: Anuradhapura, Mihintale, Ritigala, Pidurangala, Sigiriya, Polonnaruwaa, Avukana, Dambulla, Kandy temple
- Alms giving Sri Maha Bodhi amd donation at Ruwanweli Seya
- 3 Ancient site reservations for 60-minute meditation programs
- Service opportunity with this local Buddhist nuns
- Ayurva traveler specialized travel agent services and 24/7 assistance during the tour
- Assistance with pre- and post-pilgrimage travel plans
- Special Ayurva wellness gift per person
- Water throughout the tour in the vehicle
- All government taxes and service charges (subject to change as per government regulations)
What's Not IncludedInternational airfare, passport, and visa fees
Meals and beverages not specified in the program (including alcohol and soda)
Services not specified in the above inclusions
Medical insurance or expenses of personal nature, phone calls, laundry, and shopping
Increases in VAT or other tourism taxes, which may occur at any time
Excess baggage charges, departure fees, and airport taxes
Tips for tour guides, drivers, hotel staff and other personal services
Venue HighlightsForest Rock Garden Resort, situated in the heart of the ancient city ruins of Anuradhapura, is a living masterpiece that gives its guests the once in a lifetime experience to go back into the golden days of the Anuradhapura Kingdom in the 21st century with utmost luxury and a great sense of royalty, serenity, and peace.
AccommodationsForest Rock Garden Resort offers deluxe accommodations creatively designed to maximize your relaxation and make you feel right at home. The rooms all comprise of a host of modern conveniences and en-suite bathrooms making your stay perfect and peaceful. Each deluxe room is designed with time honored architecture as its base.
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Ceremony Space
Menu/CuisineForest Rock Garden Resort offers fresh, local, vegetarian cuisine cooked in authentic Sri Lankan style.
DirectionsAn airport transfer from Colombo to Forest Rock Garden Resort in Anaradhapura is provided.
All deposits are non-refundable.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due 14 days before the retreat start date.
The remaining balance is non-refundable once paid.
Get full details...
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Easton Mountain – New York, USA New York, USAFeb 29, 2020 (1 day)