8 Days All Levels Surf Camp in Jaco, Costa Rica
- During this vacation, you will be able to experience the following activities:
- Surf lessons
- Vista Guapa offers instruction to surfers of all experience levels and ages, from first time beginners to coaching for surfers who are preparing to compete. They make sure to provide personalized attention to all students, therefore they keep a ratio of 2 students per instructor in groups with a maximum of 3 people in certain occasions.
- The only prerequisites for surfing lessons are the ability to swim and a positive attitude. The instructors are in the water with the students, helping them to select and catch waves as well as providing constant feedback to the students. Except when conditions are rough or with younger or more timid first-time surfers, students will paddle out past the breakline, rather than just surf the white water nearer to the shore.
- SUP lessons
- With top-notch equipment, you’ll learn this awesome sport and enjoy the water in some of the most beautiful locations in the country. Couple times a year, Visa Guapa offers SUP camps with experts to help you improve your SUP skills and add a new dimension to your enjoyment of the ocean.
- Stand Up Paddle or SUP is a discipline derived from the surf culture of Hawaii using a paddle which you can practice in both small and big waves, as well as calm waters such as lakes and rivers.
- Yoga lessons
- Yoga retreats in Costa Rica have become quite popular. Vista Guapa combines the wondrous beauty of Costa Rica with the calm serenity of the art of yoga. The surf camp offers two beautiful yoga decks for practicing yoga individually or as a group: one with views overlooking the Pacific Ocean and surrounding area, and the other near the pool. The decks have lights in the evening and generally have a nice breeze throughout the day.
ScheduleYour daily schedule will be based on tides as we want to make sure you are able to enjoy the best conditions for sessions. Breakfast will be provided daily at our camp and lunch and dinner will be at one of the many delicious restaurants close to our camp.
About This Event
Whether you are a beginner, intermediate, advanced Surfer or SUP rider, Vista Guapa's team of professional instructors have the knowledge and skills to meet your goals. Taking place in Costa Rica which is home to some of the best breaks in the world, this holiday is perfect for you to surf and enjoy the surrounding. In case you would like to add more adventure to your surfing trip, we also offer other activities as SUP, Yoga, Zipline, ATV, National Park tours, massage and more! Vista Guapa's team will make sure you have the time of your life!
Life is about family, friends, laughter, love, nature and health.
- Daily Surf or SUP session
- 1 yoga or guided meditation session
- 1 adventure tour
- Board rental, professional instructors
- Daily breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Roundtrip airport transfers
- 7 nights' private accommodation
What's Not IncludedAirfare
Venue HighlightsVista Guapa offers our guests a chance to get out of the hectic pace of everyday life and to truly stop and smell the flowers. We encourage you to disconnect your cellphone, wait to update your Facebook status, and instead experience the Pura Vida that only Costa Rica can provide. From the waves on the oceans to the sun salutations on our hillside yoga decks, you’ll find yourself reflecting on the beauty of life and remembering the important things that make this world so special.
So come join us today. Our smiling team is waiting for you at Vista Guapa, or as our returning guests call it “The Happiness Machine!” Pura Vida!
AccommodationsOur surf camp features three lovely guest bungalows, each with an unobstructed view of the ocean. Each of the bungalows has two individual rooms with private baths, air conditioning, two single beds or one queen-sized bed and large porches.
The porches are ideal for relaxing in hammocks and watching the sun rise and set over the Pacific Ocean. Our bungalows are equipped with small safes for the storage of valuables. However, our rooms do not have TVs, telephones or Internet connections, enabling our guests to leave the daily stresses of home behind and to enjoy the Pura Vida of Costa Rica.
Menu/CuisineYou will enjoy of daily costa rican breakfast prepared by our amazing staff, For lunch and dinner we will take you to some of the best restaurants in town where you can experience a bit of the local costa rican cuisine.
DirectionsFor our package guests, we provide a free shuttle to and from the airport.
The drive from the airport is approximately one and a half to two hours, depending on traffic. For the guests using our shuttle, if other guests are arriving within the next 3 hours, we do request that the earlier arriving passenger wait with our driver for the other passenger/s to arrive.
If you arrive late at night or leave early in the morning, we recommend guests stay at the Hampton Inn at the airport, and not to stay in San Jose town which is actually over half an hour from the airport and generally a crowded city.
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Safari Surf School – Nosara Guanacaste Province Costa Rica Nosara Guanacaste Province Costa Rica8 Nights
Dominical Waverider - Costa Rica Surf Camp – Savegre Puntarenas Province Costa Rica Savegre Puntarenas Province Costa Rica7 Nights
Puntarenas Province Costa Rica Puntarenas Province Costa Rica5 Nights