- Madeira Island Holiday Villa & Retreat Venue
- Santo da Serra, Santo António Da Serra, Portugal
- Oct 1 - 7, 2019 (7 days)
About This Event
The Zen-Xperience Walking Retreat is a unique encounter with nature in one of the most preserved regions in Europe. You will get to experience the best nature has to offer on the magical island of Madeira.
Madeira Island is home to the largest surviving area of laurel forest and is believed to be 90% primary forest. The Laurisilva Forest is classified by UNESCO as a natural World Heritage site since 1999.
The 6 Day Zen-Xperience Walking Retreat will take you on a journey of pure bliss and natural wonder.
Join us for an unforgettable "Xperience"
- Levadas are man-made channels created many, many years ago to carry water for irrigation of agricultural fields around the island.
- The levadas originated out of the necessity of bringing large amounts of water from the west and northwest of the island to the drier southeast, which is more conducive to habitation and agriculture. Today the levadas not only supply water to the southern parts of the island as they also provide hydro-electric power. There are more than 1,350 miles (2,170 km) of levadas and they provide a remarkable network of walking paths with spectacular views.
- This network of water channels now comprises of more than 200 levadas with an impressive 3000 m (1864 miles) of channels, including 40 km (25 miles) of tunnels.
ScheduleA basic day comprises of:
09h00: Levada Walk
- 7 nights Accommodation
- 7x Breakfast
- 6x Lunch
- 7x Supper
- 5x Levada Walks
- 3x Excursions
- Airport Transfers
- Trips to Excursions and Walk Points
What's Not IncludedFlights
Venue HighlightsThe Madeira Island Retreat Venue is located in one of the most picturesque and tranquil regions of Madeira Island. Santo Antonio da Serra, commonly referred to as Santo da Serra, is a small parish which is approximately 12 km from the coastline.
The venue features a tranquil setting with a beautifully landscaped garden. A truly "zen inspiring" environment.
AccommodationsThe Madeira Island Retreat comprises of a 6 bedroom main house and retreat venue.
The accommodation options are as follows:
1 room with a Bunk Bed. (Sleeps 2)
3 rooms with 2 Single Beds in each (Sleeps 2 per room)
2 rooms with 1 Double Bed in each (Sleeps 2 per room)
Single occupancy can be arranged. The Double Bed option is made available to anyone wanting single occupancy.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Includes Meat