- MoaAlm Mountain retreat
- Burg 16, 9981 Kals am Großglockner, Österreich
- Ongoing package (8 days)
- The most impressive mountains escape
- Absolute natural silence
- A fun-loving team
- Plant-based food with lots of love
- Come as a guest - Leave as a friend :)
About This Event
Immerse yourself in the stunning landscape of the austrian Alps for one week. Enjoy two energizing and restorative yoga sessions daily, beautiful guided hikes, crisp mountain air, deep relaxation, a wood-fired hot-tub, plant-based food made with love - and a fun-loving team. Sounds good?
- 5 x one-hour yoga energizing or restorative morning yoga sessions
- An optional introduction to Partner and AcroYoga
- 7 x Breakfast buffet and 7x delicious family style three course, plant-based dinner with an emphasis on local and organic produce
- Local wine during dinner
- 7 nights of accommodation in spacious rooms with en-suite bathrooms and glorious mountain views
- 3 wood fired chemical-free hot-tubs
- 5 mountain excursions with our knowledgeable, local hiking guide
- Pick up & Drop Off to & from Lienz in Ostirrol or Huben Ort
- Did we mention the breath-taking scenery of the alps?
What's Not IncludedLunch, but we offer you to pack a lunch-box for your hikes for 5 Dollar or our guide takes you to a traditional austrian restaurant
Venue HighlightsThe austrian Alps
Pine tree forest
Panoramic Yoga studio
AccommodationsWe have six spacious bedroom with en-suite bathrooms, which can be double, twin or single rooms. They all offer a stunning view to the mountain valley and a shared balcony.
Menu/CuisineOur meals are plant-based, mostly organic and as local as possible. If you have dietary requirements feel free to tell us and we will do our best to make it possible.
DirectionsMoaAlm is not the easiest destination to get to – in our experience the best places never are, that’s why they avoid the crowds. Depending on your means of transportation we will meet you in/at MoaAlm, Kals (our village, 5 minutes drive to MoaAlm), Huben in Osttirol (a nearby village with a bus stop, 20 minutes drive to MoaAlm), or Lienz (the capital of East Tirol, 30 minutes drive to MoaAlm).
Set your gps to Kals, East Tirol and enjoy the drive. In summer you can drive all the way up to the house. Once you have reached Kals you drive through the village past the church and the small supermarket. You basically leave the village again. At the first Y-fork keep right, following the green signs 'Moaralm'. At the second fork keep left at the beautiful wooden house with the blue/white balconies. Keep all the way right at the third and final fork, driving past a small parking area and up the mountain to MoaAlm. From the final fork it's a 10 minute drive to MoaAlm. In winter you will leave your vehicle at the small parking area just past the final fork. We will drive you the last 2 miles up the local 'Rodel Bahn' (sledging track) also known as our driveway.
Airlines are constantly changing routes and the only way to make sure you have an up to date guide is by going directly to the websites. The nearest airports are Klagenfurt, Salzburg and Innsbruck. Our guests have also flown into Munich and Ljubljana. If you fly into these latter two we advise that you rent a car for transfer to MoaAlm.There are 3 ways to get from the airport to MoaAlm:
1. Airport shuttle taxi: These taxis only operate from Salzburg, Innsbruck and Munich airports in the winter: The tourist office provides a shuttle starting from 70EUR per person one-way on Saturdays - please contact us to book this transfer.
2. Public transport: you can travel by train and/or bus from Innsbruck and Salzburg to Lienz or Huben in Osttirol by public transportation. From Innsbruck main train station there is a direct bus to Lienz four times per day (check-out www. vvt. at). We will pick you up in Lienz or Huben in Osttirol. This is often the cheapest but most time-consuming option. Public transportation in Austria is very reliable and the platforms and directions are clearly indicated. Check-out www. oebb. at for up to date timetables and prices or contact us if you need any help sorting out your options!
3. Car rental: You can also rent a car and drive yourself. This option allows you to explore on your way here. For example, you could skip the Felbertauern tunnel and take the Grossglockner Hoch Alpin Strasse into Osttirol - a stunning mountain road with amazing views. Car rental starts at 140EUR per week. Please check-out rentalcars dot com for more info.
If you don't like flying or driving yourself it might be a good idea to take a train all the way to Austria. The land links in Austria are very reliable and you can find out details of options and prices at oebb dot at - make sure you type 'Lienz in Osttirol' or 'Huben in Osttirol' as your destinations.