5 day "Unplugged Nepal" Disconnect to Reconnect Yoga Retreat
- Why come to this retreat? 10 reasons:
- 1. Because you are overworked and need a break, time and space for yourself. 4 days where you don’t have to think about anything sounds like a dream.
- 2. Because “seeing the hymalayas” is on your bucket list.
- 3. Because deep inside your intuition is telling you “you gotta slow down”. Waking up to the sunrise over the mountains, not to your vibrating alarm on your phone. Sipping your coffee watching nature slowly waking up instead of scoffing a croissant on the journey to work. Freshly cooked food for you instead of take away on route home
- 4. Because watching the sunset over the picturesque local monastery after a fulfilling day of reading, walking, writing/ can I go now?
- 5. Because you care about your footprint on the earth. Stay with us at Namo Buddha Resort where sustainability and supporting the local community are a priority.
- 6. Because your latest mantra is , “I need to start taking better care of myself.” 4 days of mindful movements, guided meditations, holistic treatments, fresh mountain air, being fully catered for/ Please, take me there.
- 7. Because you’re a [ insert your many roles here] and you can’t remember last time you put your needs in front of others’... Now It’s your time.
- 8. Because you crave to know more about self care and smart yoga that will encourage your body to be strong & supple and your mind stimulated but soothed.
- 9. Because: what meditation can be done lying down? yoga nidra, sound baths, yin yoga / “give them to me now?!”
- 10. Because all the above is screaming at you “ yes, yes, yes!” and time flies, do it now!
Schedule7 AM: Morning yoga/ movement class
8.30 AM: Breakfast
1 PM: Lunch/ Packed lunch if wishing to explore local area
5.30 PM: Evening Yoga/ Meditation/ Sound bath
About This Event
Have you been dreaming of some quiet time for yourself to rest, recharge and think about priorities in life?
Or perhaps you are at a crossroad and crave for the space that would allow you to make meaningful decisions?
Is life so busy you just can’t switch off and that has started to affect your physical and emotional health? ‘Burnt out’ comes to mind on a daily basis.
Come and spend 5 days in Nepal with us. Gift yourself the much needed time and space. No distractions. No obligations. Nobody to please.
This retreat will give you time to breath, think and rest.
You will leave this retreat feeling calmer, recharged, and inspired.
- 4 nights accommodation. Private or shared eco mountain bungalow with breathtaking views.
- 4 morning yoga/movement classes. Start the day the right way! Join us in our spacious yoga shala and learn to move your body in mindful yet energizing ways.
- 4 evening meditation/restorative sessions. You are in for a treat! Every night you will experience a different soothing practice to lull you into a good night sleep.
- One holistic treatment of your choice. 75-minutes session with one of us which includes a tailored consultation. Choose between acupuncture, acupressure, bodywork, sound bath or private yoga therapy class.12 meals. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. Organic, nutritious, vegetarian food. The majority of the ingredients are grown and prepared onsite. Free water, tea & coffee throughout the day.
- - Free time. You’ll have the daytime to yourself to read, write, journal, nap, wander through the nearby villages, visit the neighboring Tibetan buddhist monastery or join a local trek with our knowledgable guide.
- - Evening fires al fresco. Every night join us for a punch by the bonfire under the starlit sky.
What's Not Included- Flights & transfers
- Any drinks that are not listed above
- Local treks with our expert guide (there are walks for all levels that can be done without a guide)
- Any extra treatments or 1-1 yoga
Venue HighlightsEco friendly venue
You can arrive earlier or stay later at this retreat before or after the listed dates.
AccommodationsSmall Cottages house one double loft bed, one single loft bed & a private western toilet. The communal shower house is available for showers.
Our spacious communal shower house is run on solar-heated water, supporting our water recycling system & our environmentally friendly practices.
Medium Cottages can accommodate 2 to 4 guests, depending on the design. Each one houses a private toilet & bathroom with shower and hot water.
- Free Wifi
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineDelicious vegetarian food is one of our major focuses. Many of the ingredients on your plate will be grown in our garden and homemade in our kitchen : paneer, tofu, fresh salads, sourdough bread from our wood-fired oven, pastries, jams from our fruit, and ice-cream made from our very own buffalo milk!
Our chefs design daily menus inspired by European, Indian as well as typical Nepali cuisine. We never use any artificial ingredients in our cooking.
DirectionsNamo Buddha Resort is situated 45 km south-east of Kathmandu, approximately two hours by car. We can arrange a pick up for you.
If you are feeling adventurous and happy to be on the local buses, board any bus to Banepa from Ratna Park Bus Station. Once you arrive, ask for the next bus to Namo Buddha which will take roughly 2 hours.