Yin & Restore Yoga Escape, Sri Lanka
- Wild Awake Transformative Travel
- Fremantle, Western Australia
- Sep 7 - 14, 2019 (8 days)
- Unplugging from daily life to rest and recharge, deep in nature.
- Practicing yoga in natures ‘studio’ each day
- Indulging in the ancient healing practices of Ayurveda
- Sunrise safari in Uda Walawe National Park
- Visiting Sri Lanka’s only ethical elephant orphanage
- Climbing to ancient Mulkirigala Cave Temple for sunset
- Drifting at sunrise on the magical lagoon in Kalametiya sanctuary
- Melting away stress with your complimentary massage!
- Relaxing on a beautiful South Coast beach
- Nourishing with deliciously fresh and local food
- Meeting and sharing this journey with other likeminded travellers
ScheduleSuggested schedule only. Subject to change with weather and group trips/needs.
6:30am – yoga
8:15am – breakfast
9pm – time to explore, journey to the beach, Ayurveda treatments, rest and relax
12:30pm – lunch
4:30 – afternoon yoga
6:30 – dinner
8pm – evening activities (wildlife night walk, relaxation practices, movie)
EXTRA ACTIVITIES PLANNED (timing will be determined closer to the day and depending on weather)
– Sunrise bird sanctuary boat trip
– A sunset climb to an ancient Buddhist cave temple
– Safari in Ude Walawe NP and visit to Sri Lanka’s only ethical elephant orphanage
– Use of kayaks and bicycles to explore as time permits
About This Event
Step away from the hectic pace of daily life, to rest and recharge in nature. Tucked away out of the hustle and bustle near the south coast of Sri Lanka, this nurturing experience will support you in finding your return to balance.
Sleep peacefully in our earth-friendly, rustic yet beautiful eco-lodge, complete with onsite Ayurveda wellness centre. Indulge in daily yoga and supportive practices, and nourish with deliciously fresh and wholesome food. Explore the local area by foot and bike, or venture further afield by tuk tuk – or maybe just laze by our sparkling pool. The choice is your to do as little or as much as you like to create the perfect recharge, in the most perfect natural surrounds.
If you’re looking for cafes, restaurants, shops and holiday busyness… this is not it. But if you want to peel back on distractions and take the chance to really unplug and recharge – welcome to paradise!
"Dearest Fiona, I will remain eternally grateful for this amazing retreat which I imagined would be an adventure but became a much needed journey of the soul. You have truly been an inspiration to me. Much love, gratitude and respect" ~ Helen
- 6 nights accommodation in a beautiful eco-lodge on 14 acres of wild surrounds
- All meals – fresh, local and deliciously nourishing
- Return group transport from Colombo
- Once to twice daily yoga and other supportive practices for deep rest
- Complimentary 1hr Ayurvedic massage
- Onsite Ayurvedic Centre to indulge to your hearts content (at an additional cost)
- Sparkling swimming pool
- Special group activities and events >
- – A sunset climb to an ancient Buddhist cave temple
- – Safari in Ude Walawe NP and visit to Sri Lanka’s only ethical elephant orphanage
- – Use of kayaks and bicycles to explore
What's Not IncludedFlights from your home country to Colombo
Extra activities outside of the relevant trip inclusions
Any additional drinks or meals not included
Ayurveda and wellness treatments
Venue Highlights14 acres of wild surrounds
Inground swimming pool
Open air yoga shala
On site Ayurveda wellness Centre
10 minute stroll from the beach
Borders an expansive lagoon and wetland brimming with bird life
Large garden that provides many fresh ingredients for our meals
This exceptional eco-lodge is built from local, sustainable materials. Earthy, rustic yet nurturing, you’re sure to feel at ease. The whole property encourages you to slow down, unwind and tune into nature.
The beautiful Ayurvedic Wellness Centre offers a suite of professional treatments including an Ayurvedic Doctor for personal consultations. (Treatments are at an additional cost to guests). Let healing hands and medicinal herbal treatments support you in your rejuvenation.
AccommodationsAccommodation is in a selection of cabanas, villas and bungalows. Each room is designed in tune with nature with the use of many natural materials, lots of natural light and airflow and has it's own ensuite semi-outdoor bathroom (a highlight!!). Villas and bungalow have small kitchens, a fridge, with communal areas for guests to relax in.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Bicycles For Rent
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineTraditional Sri Lankan, Ayurvedic meals, Western wholefoods options. Loads of fresh fruits and vegetables, juices, green smoothies, traditional herbal drinks and of course, ceylon tea :)
DirectionsPlease plan to arrive into Colombo by September 7th as a group transfer will depart on the morning of the 8th around 9am. Location and time TBC depending on where most guests are located. We will then travel to the retreat location together which takes approximately 3.5 to 4 hours depending on traffic. More information will be provided about this and other details with registration.
The airport is approximately 35 minutes from Colombo itself. Taxis cost about $25USD. Alternatives like Uber and Kanga are also available.