Green Waves Portugal
- All the meals offered are homemade, with a wide variety of local fresh produce and a pinch of our secret ingredient - love. All our meals are vegan but we also offer vegetarian options upon request. Upon booking you'll be asked to fill out a special form in case you have any food allergies or intolerances so we can adjust our menu for you.
- Surf & Yoga
- Portugal is without doubt the best surf destination in Europe! You will discover the amazing world of surfing with the guidance of passionate surfers and ocean lovers. Our lessons are the best choice for beginners at all fitness levels. To complement your experience we've added one yoga session with a certified yoga instructor to the program.
- A trip to Portugal cannot be complete without visiting authentic Portuguese places. We will take you to Óbidos - a small village which preserved its medieval spirit until today. You will climb real castle walls, walk in the labyrinths of narrow streets and try its traditional cherry liqueur (which is served in an edible chocolate cup, yum!).
ScheduleDay 1 - Sunday
16:00 - 22:00 Check in (yoohoo!)
18:00 Meeting, introduction to the retreat
19:00 Welcoming dinner
Day 2 - Monday
11:00 Surf lesson: introduction, rules, principles
13:00 Free time to explore the village and to enjoy the beaches
Day 3 - Tuesday
11:00 Surf lesson: practice in the water, initial steps
13:00 Free time to go to Peniche, walk and relax
Day 4 - Wednesday
11:00 Bodyweight on-land surf workout
13:00 Excursion to Obidos Medieval castle
18:00 Coming back to the retreat (may vary upon request)
Day 5 - Thursday
11:00 Surf lesson: practice in the water, catching waves
13:00 Free time to relax and enjoy the beaches
Day 6 - Friday
12:00 Yoga session
19:00 Barbecue Dinner
20:00 Surf movie night
Day 7 - Saturday
11:00 Vegan nutrition and exercising Q&A with Miguel
(Free day for exploring, relaxing)
Day 8 - Sunday
11:00 Check out (sobbing:()
About This Event
RECHARGE YOUR BATTERIES, DETOX FROM ROUTINE
IN OUR STRESS-FREE RETREAT
AND EXPLORE THE ART OF SURFING WITH US!
The retreat lasts 1 week in the small and traditional Baleal, Portugal. We offer a 7-night stay, homemade vegan meals, surfing lessons for beginners, yoga and a fun excursion to Óbidos!
As husband and wife we focus on a personal approach to make you feel as part of our family. That's why we only accept 4 people per week so we can dedicate enough time to each one of you.
As a wife and husband we want you to feel at home in our retreat - Miguel & Alina
- All of our weekly packages include the following:
- ▸ 7 night stay in a beautiful, traditional 2-bedroom apartment (private bedroom with a double bed/ shared bathroom, kitchen, terraces and common space)
- ▸ 7 delicious vegan or vegetarian breakfasts
- ▸ 1 vegan or vegetarian barbecue dinner on the terrace
- ▸ 3 beginner surf lessons of 2h each (all equipment included)
- ▸ 1 calming yoga session of 1h (all equipment included)
- ▸ 1 half-day trip to the medieval town of Óbidos
- ▸ Free transfer from Peniche bus station to the apartment
- ▸ Infinite movie nights and table games
- ▸ Vegan nutrition talk with Miguel
- ▸ 1 body-weight workout
- ▸ Your holiday pictures and group video as a memory gift
- ▸ 24/7 support
What's Not IncludedAirport transfer from Lisbon Portela (nearest airport) is not included in the price, but we can arrange that separately for a fee of 90 EUR approximately.
AccommodationsSpend a relaxing holiday in a typical Portuguese house, located in beautiful Baleal, famous as one of Europe's best surf spots.
Your apartment is a 2 min walk from the beach. It has 2 cozy bedrooms with double beds making it perfect for 1-4 people.
It has a shared bathroom and a common fully equipped kitchen merged with a common dining room. Besides that, there are 2 large terraces where you can sunbathe or have a barbecue. You can see the Atlantic ocean from the terraces and enjoy astonishing sunsets.
- Free Wifi
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe're excited to be offering an innovative menu with vegan recipes that you cannot find anywhere else around our area!
Our menu includes homemade vegan meals (all dishes are vegan) and we offer egg & dairy options on some dishes upon request.
All made by us, and we're 100% sure you will absolutely fall in love with each dish :)
Baleal is located 90 km north of Lisbon. You can get to Peniche (city 3km south of Baleal by bus).
If you'd like to know more details on the buses and their timetables please let us know.
In addition, we can arrange taxi transfer from Lisbon airport directly to the place of our retreat. The cost may vary but usually its around 90 EUR (depends on taxi company).