Unplug. Reconnect. Restore: A Digital Mindfulness and Yoga Retreat
- Imagine yourself totally unplugged and held in community in one of the most beautiful places in the world for a week of:
- Education: to help you understand the personal and professional costs of your digital devices
- Meditation: because mindfulness is the opposite of distraction and the key to tech/life balance
- Connection and Community: deeply engage with yourself and others and make life-long friends
- Yoga: to embody your in-the-moment awareness
- Adventure: to reclaim the joy and excitement of childhood
- Self-Discovery: to help you identify and articulate your personal values and sources of joy
- Empowerment: to provide you with tools and strategies to stay digitally connected on your own terms
- Rest: to counteract exhaustion, digital overwhelm and toxic hustle
ScheduleDaily schedule will vary, but participants will experience:
--Two yoga classes per day – morning --Vinyasa Flow and evening restorative
--Daily mediation for beginners: Vipassana, lovingkindness, somatic focus and more – additional sits sits if requested
--Workshops, interactive experiences and guided reflection lovingly facilitated by a leader in the field reclaiming joy and digital wellness
--Additional classes offered throughout week: Pilates, Slackline, Breathwork, Tai Chi, Dance
--Adventure! Surfing, hiking, turtle release, horseback riding, snorkeling, massage, reiki, energy work, acupuncture
OR just lying by the pool of on the beach with a cool drink doing nothing.
About This Event
When was the last time you…
…were quiet enough to hear your own voice
…felt deeply rested and inspired?
…connected authentically with yourself and others in real-time without networking or performing?
…had even one waking-hour long break from your phone or laptop?
Discover the joy of putting down your phone and coming home to yourself. More that just a “digital detox,” this one-of-a kind yoga and meditation retreat will nourish your mind, body and spirit while empowering you to right-size your relationship with technology long after you depart.
As a psychotherapist for over 14 years, your Retreat Guide Christina Malecka has had a front-row seat to the emotional impacts of smartphones and social media on her clients: notably increased loneliness, anxiety, and alienation. In 2017, inspired her own transformative experience with digital fasting, Christina launched Digital Mindfulness Retreats, which emphasize meditation, present-moment experience, social connection, and self-reflection. A community organizer turned Licensed Mental Health Counselor and Politicized Healer, she brings over 25 years of experience with change-making, group facilitation, mindfulness training, and workshop development. Christina loves creating nurturing experiences to help people connect more deeply with self and others.
"Please, please give yourself the gift of this retreat. One week felt like an eternity when I signed up, but the the experience absolutely shattered me in the best of ways. I felt comfortable, cared for and respected as soon as I entered the space."
- Seven (7) nights lodging in a beautiful private or shared beach side bungalow with its own private bathroom
- Seven (7) locally sourced gourmet breakfasts
- Seven (7) locally sourced gourmet dinners
- Yoga practice and meditation daily
- All yoga props, including mats
- 5 days tech-free and 2 days of digital declutter, practicing digital mindfulness skills in real time.
- Emotional support from a seasoned psychotherapist
- One (1) 60-minute spa treatment or services (gratuity not included)
- One (1) resort excursion of your choice – Surf lesson! Hiking! Kayaking! Horseback riding! Boogie Boarding! Snorkeling!
- Evening Entertainment as scheduled by Present Moment
- Round trip ground transportation from Zihuatanejo airport (gratuity not included)
- Taxes and Gratuity on all Retreat Inclusions, except Airport Transfer
- Swag bag and JOMO book
What's Not IncludedRound trip airfare to Zihuatanejo
Trip insurance (Recommended- Please see cancellation policy)
Lunch (explore local restaurants), snacks, desserts
All alcohol and non-alcohol beverages (other than early morning coffee and/or tea and water which is available at all times),
Additional and upgrades on spa services and excursions
Tax and gratuity on these exclusions
Gratuity for the airport transfer
Venue HighlightsAt the heart of charming Troncones Beach, nestled between the lush mountains of the Sierra Madre and the sparkling Mexican Riviera, Present Moment Retreat combines the ambiance of nature’s grandeur with personally challenging mind-body work, set in harmony on beautifully-landscaped tropical grounds.
Troncones Beach is a small, recently-developed community situated on some 3 miles of pristine Pacific beach – a strand of white sand punctuated by occasional rock outcroppings often harboring tidepools teeming with fascinating saltwater life.
AccommodationsPrivate Single – One guest in a private bungalow $3,750 USD
Private Double – Two guests in a private bungalow (queen bed - great for couples) $3,000USD per person
Shared Twin – Two beds in a shared bungalow for two guests (bring a friend) $3,000 USD per person
Shared Triple / Quad – One queen bed and two twin beds in a shared bungalow for three to four guests (Triple/Quad rate) $2,500 per person
Authenticity was imperative in the construction of every inch of this resort. Thus, all bungalows have an indigenous palapa thatched roof, hand-crafted in the Mexican tradition, and are furnished with a pillow-top queen-sized bed, luxurious 400 count cotton bedding and a canopy of white linen. Our beautifully designed accommodations and loving staff will please even the most discerning guests.
Just a 30-second walk to the beach, let the sounds of the ocean lure you to sleep each night.
- A/C in Rooms
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineEnjoy locally sourced gourmet breakfasts and dinners. Most dietary restrictions and preferences can be accommodated.
DirectionsYou can fly into Zihuatanejo/Ixtapa, the airport is located only 20 miles north and an easy 45-minute drive. The international airport is serviced by a number of International airlines including Alaska Airlines, Continental, American, America West, Frontier Airlines, Mexicana and Aeromexico. Troncones Beach is highly connected, yet still a world apart. Its proximity to Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo affords you a full choice of shopping conveniences and recreational possibilities, all just a short distance from your world-class yoga retreat and resort. We can assist you with booking all flights and airport transportation.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 30+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 15-29 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-14 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Kula Collective – Troncones Guerrero Mexico Troncones Guerrero MexicoNov 4 - 25, 2020 (22 days)