Blooming Lotus Yoga, Bali - Free Silent Meditation Retreat (7 days)
- Blooming Lotus Yoga
- Br. Mawang Kaja, Desa Lodtunduh Ubud, Bali 80571 Indonesia
- Sep 13 - 21, 2019 (9 days)
- 3 Silent Meditation Sessions Daily: These sessions are the foundation of the retreat and are a rare opportunity to completely immerse into silent stillness. A complete method of silent meditation, from the yogic tradition, will be taught and will form the basis of practice. This technique includes controlled breathing methods to stabilize the mind (pranayama), and 3 root practices to concentrate the mind upon silence: Breath Awareness, Mantra, Self-Inquiry
- 1 Daily Yoga Class: Suitable for all levels the daily yoga class is a fluid sequencing of postures, linked with the breath, to revitalize and rejuvenate both body, mind and spirit. These energizing and healing classes help the physical body to let go of habitual tension and channel the subtle energy into the spine.
- Yoga Nidra: Yoga Nidra is a powerful, scientific method based on ancient Tantric texts, of complete mental, physical and emotional relaxation. An invaluable tool for manifestation, letting go of habitual patterns, and connecting to your true nature, Yoga Nidra releases built up tension, stress and anxiety, providing a perfect tool for the often fast-paced life of the modern world.
- Satsang: Satsang is simply an opportunity to live in Yoga, or Union, with the Divine. Through the 3-fold process of listening to the teachings of the Awakened Ones, reflecting upon these teachings and through an uninterrupted abidance in the present moment, our True Self or Natural State emerges. This natural liberation is one of the greatest gifts bestowed by Divine Grace upon each one of us when our hearts are pure and an intense longing for liberation arises. These powerful sessions with Lily and Ramananda are a rare opportunity to gain insight into the teachings of the yogis and learn how to apply them into our lives; so we may truly live in Yoga – Divine Union. These “talks” often focus upon clarifying the path, answering questions and resolving doubts, while also transmitting the essence of the teachings by empowering each individual to continually reflect and abide in their own True Self.
Schedule5:30 – 6:00 am: Wake-up Bell
6:00 – 6:30 am: Tea/Coffee
6:30 – 8:00 am: Meditation
8:00 – 9:00 am: Breakfast
9:00 – 9:15 am: Free Time
9:15 – 10:30 am: Yoga Class
10:30 – 10:45am: Free Time
10:45 – 12:15pm: Satsang & Meditation
12:15 – 1:15pm: Lunch
1:15 – 2:30pm: Free Time
2:30 – 4:30pm: Yoga Nidra and Meditation
4:30 – 5:00pm : Tea/Coffee
5:00 – 6:00pm: Free Time
6:00 – 7:00pm: Dinner
7:00 – 9:00 pm: Satsang and Meditation
About This Event
Our free silent meditation retreats (minus food and accommodation) allow you to spend some time slowing down, clarifying your purpose in the world and go deep within. These retreats are for intermediate students who are interested in the yogic approach to spiritual liberation. These courses provide a strong foundation in which you can continue a meditation and pranayama practice at home, as well as qualify you to teach meditation to others.
In addition to 3 sessions of meditation daily, our Silent Meditation Retreats also features a gentle Hatha Yoga class in the morning that may include Yin Yoga as well as restorative postures, Yoga Nidra (Psychic Sleep) in the afternoon, as well as evening Dharma Talks.
These Bali meditation retreats promise to change your life in ways that you could never have dreamed. Learning and practicing meditation and pranayama daily is the cornerstone of Yoga practices, and should be made a priority in everyone’s life. The benefits reaped from such practices extend to all facets of life: our relationships, confidence, wisdom, compassion, sincerity, love, respect, creativity and insight. All of these attributes arise from a source within, and the only way to access it is to remain silent, listen and witness inside as your highest potential reveals itself.
We invite you to visit our website to access more information regarding the daily schedule and on-site food and accommodation details.
Venue HighlightsFor those wishing to live ON-SITE you can enjoy the comfort, luxury, and peace of our amazing retreat venue at one of the most affordable prices worldwide. With spacious rooms, plunge pools in each villa, en-suite kitchenettes, full-sized bathrooms, and a friendly, full time staff who will attend to your every need, these brand new villas provide tropical, outdoor living to connect with the stunning natural surroundings.
1. ON-SITE: You may choose to live on-site and pay $586 for a shared, luxury room + 3 meals daily. This option is recommended for all Yoga Teacher Training students wishing to join us for the meditation retreat after their YTT course and tourists visiting Ubud.
2. OFF-SITE: You may choose to live off-site and commute to the retreat daily. We recommend this option only for locals that are already established here in Ubud. As living off-site entails commuting, it can be challenging for someone to arrive in Bali, find their own accommodation and arrange transport to/from the retreat venue, with such an intensive schedule.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineWe source as much organic and locally grown produce as possible for the 3 healthy and delicious vegan meals included within the accommodations costs for those staying on-site.
For those staying off-site, these same 3 meals are available for only $128 for the entire course.
A light breakfast after the morning class consists of seasonal fresh fruits with scrumptious granola, freshly made coconut milk and honey to keep the body and mind light, clear and full of energy.
Lunch and dinner are a set menu of various healthy, international dishes, including soup, salad, main course and dessert.
*We are also able to accommodate for low-gluten diets and some allergies, however as the meals are set for the entire group we cannot guarantee a completely gluten-free or sugar-free diet.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Lily Goncalves October 22, 2014
My experience was inspiring, educational and incredibly fulfilling – one beautiful month of being saturated in the true wisdom and essence of yoga & meditation.