8 Day Step into a Stress Free World - Fasting & Yoga, Koh Phangan
- The focus of the program is to achieve a higher level of consciousness and wellbeing through combining fasting, yoga and holistic classes.
- It is designed to provide time and space to relax, detox and reconnect and experience the beauty of Koh Phangan in an intimate, safe and nourishing environment.
- Yoga is an open source, customizable and innovative creative practice with many forms, shapes and colors.
- We like to see it as a great methodology for controlling emotions, calming the mind and getting closer to your true self, as well as having a multitude of physical benefits and being awesome.
- Benefits of fasting include:
- Space and time to heal and repair the digestive system
- Good against oxidation
- A boost to the immune system
- Normalises insulin levels, improve insulin sensitivity and regenerate pancreatic cells
- Helps in reducing food cravings and associated mood swings
- Helps develop a can-do attitude for a long term healthier nutritional routine
- Can reduce high blood pressure and improve lipids profile
- Great for fat loss
- A daily holistic class, workshop or activity will amuse, engage and stimulate you. 3 massages will complete the experience leaving you pampered and regenerated.
- All classes will be included and optional so you can decide when to be inspired and stimulated and when you want introspection and 'You time'.
ScheduleThe first full day will be a pre-cleanse day with nourishing plant food and a slightly different schedule. 2 yoga and a holistic class are included.
5 days of fasting with 2 green juices, 3 coconut waters, and one evening veg broth a day.
Here is a sample daily schedule...
7.30 am Coconut water and supplements
8.00 am Yoga & Pranayama
10 am Self-administered enema
11 am Coconut water
12 pm Sharing circle and green juice with supplements
2.30 pm Coconut water and supplements
3 pm Holistic class or workshop
4.30 pm Green juice
5 pm Sunset yoga session
6.30 pm Supplements
8 pm Warm veg broth
About This Event
Imagine a breathtaking seaview, a gentle breeze raising from the ocean, you lie on the mat after a yoga class feeling relaxed, connected, positive and alive.
These are the moment's life’s worth living for. So join us for this 8-day retreat on beautiful Koh Phangan!
We are feeling great post-cleanse. Thank you for your guidance during the retreat, my mum and I found it to be a very enlightening and refreshing experience. - Channey, Singapore. (Attended in June 2019)
- 7 Nights private accommodation from budget to really nice
- 5 Days of fasting: 2 daily green juices rich in micronutrients and 3 coconut waters. A warm evening veg broth, a proven methodology
- One to one holistic health consultations. Let's talk about you and the way you feel
- Nutritional guidance after the detox, improve upon your day to day nutrition to make the benefits last
- 1 Pre-cleanse day with healthy plants food, to ease you into the fast and prepare the body
- Psyllium and bentonite clay for digestive health and superfoods and antioxidant supplement for a very effective detox
- 3 Thai or oil massages, to get pampered!
- Enema bag for the self-administered enema to ensure a daily bowel movement and get rid of toxins
- Daily group sharing, let's a build a community and get to know each-other, share our stories and feel connected
- Access to the swimming pool and easy access to the beach
- 1 Daily holistic class, workshop or activity (e.g. sound healing, innerdance, juicing and nutrition)
- 2 Daily yoga sessions to connect & let go in the morning and at before sunset
What's Not IncludedFlights & transfers
Food & beverages on check-in day and after the fast
Yoga mat (please bring your own or available for purchase)
Venue HighlightsSet in beautiful Nature, our retreats are hosted in comfortable bungalows or private villas.
The values of Smiley Retreat are very much rooted in the Yoga tradition and aligned to the Six Principles of Naturopathy:
- The Healing Power of Nature – your body has a tremendous capacity to heal itself when you provide the right environment and conditions for that to happen.
- First, Do No Harm – methods and natural substances which minimize the risk of harmful side effects should be used as much as possible.
- Identify and Address the Cause – environmental and lifestyle triggers and mediators should be considered a key component of the problem. Look beyond the symptoms to the underlying imbalance.
- Practitioner as Teacher – learn and be empowered to listen to, and to look after your body, to make sense of your feelings and take charge of your own wellbeing.
- Focus on the Whole Person – look at yourself from an higher, general perspective first. The physical, genetic, mental, emotional, spiritual, social and environmental spheres make what we are and affect our health.
- Focus on Prevention – better not to get sick in the first place, right?
And these are some of the key Principles of Integrative Medicine, that expand upon the Principles of Naturopathy:
- Appropriate use of both conventional and alternative methods facilitates the body’s innate healing response.
- Integrative medicine neither rejects conventional medicine nor accepts alternative therapies uncritically.
- Good medicine is based in good science first. It is inquiry-driven and open to new paradigms.
We endeavour to provide a safe, intimate & nourishing environment for guests to heal, learn and develop their full potential.
AccommodationsOur private accommodations offer you a relaxed, home away from home experience immersed in the healing beauty of Nature.
Depending on each Retreat, you will have a range of choice from basic, Thai style bungalows and rooms, to air-con, comfortable and modern villas.
Menu/CuisineEnjoy a pre-cleanse day with a fruity breakfast and afternoon snack, lunch and dinner included in the price. During the fasting days, you will get three fresh coconut waters, two green juices, and an evening warm veg broth daily, plus superfoods and other supplements.
DirectionsTRAVELLING TO KOH SAMUI AND KOH PHANGAN BY AIR
Flights from Bangkok to Koh Samui (the nearest airport) are run by Thai Airways or Bangkok Airways and internationally from all major Asian hubs by various carriers.
Flights from Bangkok to Surat Thani (the low cost airport) are considerably cheaper. The coach/minivan + ferry transfer takes around 4 hours and can be purchased at Surat Thani airport.
Koh Phangan Retreat
Depending on landing times, the transfer from Samui airport takes around 1 hour. Please relax on the boat, immersed in the lush beauty of this part of the World. The Smiley Retreat in Koh Phangan is just a 15 minutes taxi or shared taxi ride from Thongsala pier. Let us know and we can arrange a pick up.
Koh Samui Retreat
The Smiley Retreat Samui is a 45 minutes taxi from the airport. Let us know and we can arrange a pick up.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Ko Pha-ngan Sub-district Surat Thani Thailand Ko Pha-ngan Sub-district Surat Thani ThailandMar 8 - 14, 2020 (7 days)
Koh Samui Surat Thani Thailand Koh Samui Surat Thani ThailandOct 31 - Nov 21, 2020 (22 days)
Wonderland Healing Center – Surat Thani Thailand Surat Thani Thailand13 Days / 12 Nights Wellness & Yoga, Detox, Self-inquiring, and Energizing Retreat in Koh Phangan, Thailand13 Nights