INDIA SACRED PLACES YOGA RETREAT & TOUR NOV 2020
- As a transformational process therapist and social worker, Marissa creates once-in-a-lifetime therapeutic retreats that also change the lives of local people in crisis.
- This will be a very special journey through India! You will have the opportunity to follow the life giving river ‘The Ganges’ in Rishikesh where life is celebrated to Varanasi where liberation is sort. You will have five rejuvenating days of yoga and meditation at an ashram overlooking the Ganges. You will receive instruction and classes from Swami who has been an devoted practitioner and respected teacher who has trained over 5000 yoga teacher over the last 25 years.
- Throughout the retreat you will enjoy beautiful, transformational and insightful therapeutic yoga practices designed to help you release, relax and regain a sense of wholeness and personal meaning.
- Then onto see The Taj Mahal - the greatest monument to love. A must see in all of India.
- In Delhi there will be time for shopping and the final indulgence of the luxury of small palatial boutique hotel in the centre of the old city. Staying there you will experience the romance and opulence of ancient Mughal life.
- The retreat includes: all food, professional yoga and meditation teacher, trains and buses. As well as accommodation at the ashram, guesthouses and luxury haveli hotel in Delhi.
- During the retreat: In India food is so much part of life. You will be treated to traditional India home cooked food, simple sattvic food in the ashram as well as a few fine dining experiences carefully hand picked by Marissa. In your free time, you will have the opportunity to explore and you can also take advantage of the complimentary massage or healing session that is included in the retreat fee.
- This will be a life-changing and profound experience for you, with funds raised to provide educational resources for street children.
DAY 1 – Delhi
Evening yoga and meditation
DAY 2-6 - Rishikesh
5 days of ashram life at the ashram
Meditation in yogi caves
Plunge into the Ganges
DAY 7-9 – Varanasi
3 days of yoga and meditation
Tour of the cremation ghats
See the evening Arti fire ceremony
Historic walk through Varanasi lanes
DAY 10-11 - Agra (Taj Mahal)
Visit the Mughal garden and historic nature walk
Visit the Taj Mahal
DAY 12 – Delhi
Stay in the luxury Haveli
Fine dining celebration dinner
DAY 13 - Delhi
TOUR - famous Old Delhi bazaar
12noon check out of hotel
+Email Marissa for a full and detailed itinerary
About This Event
Live quietly in the moment and see the beauty of all before you. The future will take care of itself… Powerful words by Paramahansa Yogananda and the practice of yogis for centuries. There is no other place more perfect to learn to surrender to the present moment than India.
Come on a journey to awaken your soul. This will be a life-changing and therapeutic experience for you, with funds raised to provide educational resources for street children.
The best of spiritual India. On this transformational and healing journey, you will experience the exquisite beauty of a spectacular tour of sacred places in India. You will stay in a very special ashram overlooking the Ganges for a 5 day retreat, with instruction from Marissa Nolan and Swami-ji a renowned Rishikesh teacher. You will also have excursions to meditation caves usually reserved for Himalayan yogis, see the sunset fire ceremonies and visit sacred temples.
After this you experience an overnight Indian train journey see the burning ghats and all the magic of Varanasi for 3 days. Then onto see The Taj Mahal - the greatest monument to love, while along the way enjoying guest yoga teachers and yoga and meditation practices embodying each experience. You will also have your own time to roam the lanes and streets, and making discoveries for yourself. The trip concludes with a final indulgence of luxury at the palatial haveli in the centre of the Delhi Old City. Staying there you will experience all the romance and opulence of ancient Mughal life and be treated to celebration dinner in their famous restaurant.
Enjoy a complimentary Ayurveda massage or spiritual healing treatment, taste delicious Indian food, discover the local culture, learn about the simplicity and magic of Indian life and experience deep therapeutic yoga and meditation practices to revive your soul. Being a process specialist and transformational therapist means Marissa helps people heal, recover and most importantly connect to beauty and appreciation for life.
Marissa Nolan is a professionally qualified and highly experienced therapist, social worker, lecturer, therapeutic meditation and yoga teacher and researcher. She is an expert in transformational process therapy, mindfulness, compassion training, therapeutic yoga and has 15 years experiences fascinating professional international events.
Marissa creates once-in-a-lifetime therapeutic retreats that also change the lives of local people in crisis. For this trip, $100AUD will be donated on behalf of each retreat member for Children of the Ganga charity to provide resources for education for street children.
Experience the beauty and magic of the India and its sacred places for yourself! Have a truly giving and receiving experience to awaken your heart and soul.
Book early & save up to $600.
See the website for details: (contact info blocked)2019-rishikesh
Email Marissa to receive a full itinerary with more details. (contact info blocked)
Just a $500 deposit required to reserve your spot.
“The time I spent on Marissa’s yoga retreat changed my life. It not only gave me great insight into beautiful people and culture, but to myself. Marissa, thank you for your care, generosity, expertise and local knowledge". Megan, Australia, 2019
- Traditional Indian welcoming ceremony
- Deluxe luxury suite with full amenities in Delhi
- Your own private room in Varanasi, Rishikesh and Agra
- AUD$600 discount for twin or double share
- Hotel transfers to/from Delhi airport
- Retreat fee includes all meals and internal transport
- Enjoy a full spectrum of traditional India food and fine cuisine
- All meals are vegetarian, although meat is available in hotels
- All dietary requirements are available upon request
- Stay in a traditional ashram on the Ganges river
- One complimentary massage or healing session in Rishkesh
- Five day yoga and meditation retreat in an ashram on the Ganges
- Three days yoga and meditation retreat in Varanasi the holy city
- Two days in Agra to see the Taj Mahal
- Stay in a traditional Haveli in Old Delhi city
- No meditation or yoga experience is required
- Entry fee and tour of the Taj Mahal included in retreat price
- AUD$100 donation to Children of the Ganga on your behalf
- World class meditation and yoga teaching by Marissa Nolan
- Therapeutic processes for greater self understanding and resolve
- Meet guest traditional India yoga and meditation teachers
- Experience authentic original yoga and meditation styles
- Visit the famous burning ghats in Varanasi
- Visit the old markets in Delhi old city
- Orientation is at 5.30pm on 19th November 2019
- You are welcome to arrive earlier or stay after the retreat
- You will have free time to explore Rishikesh, Varanasi, Agra & Delhi
- Return flights to and from Delhi are additional costs
- Email Marissa for a full itinerary.
What's Not IncludedMeal dishes can be purchased separately if necessary
No experience is necessary. It is open to all levels.
Flights to and from Delhi are additional
Travel insurance needs to purchased separately
Venue HighlightsTraditional Indian welcoming ceremony
Deluxe luxury suite with full amenities in Delhi
Your own private room in Varanasi, Rishikesh and Agra
AUD$600 discount for twin or double share
Hotel transfers to/from Delhi airport
Retreat fee includes all meals and internal transport
Enjoy a full spectrum of traditional India food and fine cuisine
All meals are vegetarian, although meat is available in hotels
All dietary requirements are available upon request
Stay in a traditional ashram on the Ganges river
One complimentary massage or healing session in Rishkesh
Five day yoga and meditation retreat in an ashram on the Ganges
Three days yoga and meditation retreat in Varanasi the holy city
Two days in Agra to see the Taj Mahal
Stay in a traditional Haveli in Old Delhi city
No meditation or yoga experience is required
Entry fee and tour of the Taj Mahal included in retreat price
AUD$100 donation to Children of the Ganga on your behalf
World class meditation and yoga teaching by Marissa Nolan
Therapeutic processes for greater self understanding and resolve
Meet guest traditional India yoga and meditation teachers
Experience authentic original yoga and meditation styles
Visit the famous burning ghats in Varanasi
Visit the old markets in Delhi old city
Orientation is at 5.30pm on 19th November 2019
You are welcome to arrive earlier or stay after the retreat
You will have free time to explore Rishikesh, Varanasi, Agra & Delhi
Return flights to and from Delhi are additional costs
Email Marissa for a full itinerary.
AccommodationsIndias finest. Simplicity and luxury. On this transformational and healing journey, you will experience the exquisite beauty of a spectacular tour of sacred places in India, staying in a very special ashram overlooking the Ganges, with instruction from Swami-ji a renowned Rishikesh teacher and Marissa Nolan. Above you can see the view from your ashram balcony, you will sleep with the Ganges flowing by.
While in Varanasi and Agra you will stay in lovely guesthouses close to both the ghats and Taj Mahal. Then the final destination will be returning to Delhi, where you will indulge in the luxury and extravagance of the ancient and impecably restored haveli. This is the perfect place to stay in old India luxury and for our final celebration dinner in their world class famous restaurant on our last night.
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Gluten Free
Menu/CuisineDuring the retreat: you will be treated to the most delicious Indian and western vegetarian food and also the chance to visit a few of India’s finest restaurants. During your 5 day stay in the ashram there will be fresh and healthy vegetarian food. Throughout the trip, in your free time, you can take a short stroll to shops and cafes. Meat dishes are available at additional cost (except for the ashram). On the final night there will be a special dinner at one of Delhis most celebrated restaurants. Let us know if you have dietary requirements.
DirectionsThe yoga tour covers: RISHIKESH - YOGI CAVES - VARANASI GHATS - THE TAJ MAHAL - DELHI.
Included in your package is a complimentary airport pick up and drop off.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...