Into the Heart of Being: 100 hour Yoga Nidra Teacher Training
- Somah Journeys from the prestigious School of Sacred Arts in Bali (the original and longest-running yoga teacher training at Ubud’s renowned Yoga Barn) provides the highest quality educational and immersive experiences, facilitated by an internationally renowned faculty.
- Director and lead mentor Simone MacKay (E-YRT 500 & YACEP) combines 20 years of teaching and practicing Classical and Tantra yoga with specialised Yoga Nidra study under leading experts Dr. Richard Miller, Dr. Kamini Desai and Dr. Uma Dinsmore-Tuli to offer this unique and transformational advanced yoga teacher training.
- This training is a non-dogmatic, experiential Yoga Nidra training that dynamically explores this ancient philosophy practice combined with contemporary research in meditation, sleep, neurological and physical health.Yoga Nidra can give you a deep understanding of the therapeutic, energetic, emotional and cognitive tools to reduce stress and tension, improve health and accelerate growth.
- Inspired by wisdom traditions from ancient to contemporary, mystic to scientific, transcendent to earth-based, we’ll explore the process of embodiment through the yogic ‘5 layers of Being’ (the Koshas) with a mix of still and dynamic activities. These 5 layers are: the physical body, breath body, mental/emotional body, intuition and soul essence.
- One full day is dedicated to each Kosha. By understanding the entirety of who we are, we move into new states of consciousness to discover our True Self and nourish our mind/body balance. This positively ripples out in seen and unseen ways. It transforms the way we act in relationships, serve our communities and contribute to change in the wider world.
- The first part of the Yoga Nidra Facilitator Training is an open 7-day Immersion, which focuses on total mind-body nourishment, the healing of trauma, and profound restoration on all levels. There will be additional daily breakout sessions for the facilitators in training, who then finish with three practice days dedicated to the in-depth building of skills and tools to confidently guide Yoga Nidra meditations. You will also learn to support others into deep restoration and healing states for profound peace
ScheduleIn our exclusive perma-culture retreat centre nestled in the Balinese countryside we will start our days off with a morning practice of asana, breathwork meditation and of course yoga nidra.
We will be served organic chef prepared breakfasts, lunches and dinners grown on the grounds for full pranic restoration in between diving in to the practices, structure and theory behind this ancient meditation practice.
We want our students to experience the full depths of the practice of yoga nidra from its therapeutic purposes and access to deep rest and awareness as well as its secret doorways into spiritual awakening so you can expect plenty of guided yoga nidras from across a range of different schools and styles and be bathed in sound and song healing as well as plenty of self quietude and reflection time.
About This Event
Set yourself apart as a yoga teacher, therapist, coach, counsellor, or holistic health professional by utilising the powerful technique of Yoga Nidra (Yogic Sleep) with your students, your clients, and for your own self-care.
Supported by modern neuroscience, this ancient practice induces profound mental, physical and emotional restoration, unwinds stress and tension in the nervous system, heals trauma, and reconnects you to the deep presence and underlying peace that’s always alive and awake within you.
Somah Journeys offers nature based and shamanic yoga nidra teachings for a fully integrated, soulful approach to this full body, conscious relaxation process.
Explore the nature of consciousness awareness through modern day neuroscience and ancient tantric teachings and learn to induce trance, rewire the neural pathways of the brain, erase limiting belief systems and how to plant the seeds of the purest, most powerful intentions at the most receptive moments for radical transformation long after the nidra practice is complete.
Come, sit by the fire of Presence. Let the body unwind; drop into the silence here. Forget about tomorrow, let go of the journey to come, and sink into this evening’s warmth (Jeff Foster)
- Shared accommodation & chef prepared organic vegetarian meals
- Daily Yoga, embodiment and deep energetic practices
- Advanced Pranayama (breathwork) techniques
- The Science of Sleep: Neuroscience and brain wave activity behind Yoga Nidra and how the practice can rewire neural pathways to help combat trauma, stress and negative self beliefs
- Philosophy and development of Yoga Nidra
- Restorative asana for savasana: learn how to prop different positions for optimal Yoga Nidra positions for everybody
- Pre and post practices of Yoga Nidra: Yin, Restorative, Slow Flow, pranayama and self massage practices that complement Yoga Nidra
- Shamanic Journeying
- Daily dynamic exploration of the Koshas: learn to understand and navigate the yogi’s different layers of our being (physical, energetic, emotional, mental, intuitive layers)
- Sankalpa – how to set, work with and guide effective intentions and intuitive listening
- The Yoga of Manifestation: How to work with intention to create the life you love
- Native and Celtic Medicine Wheel teachings: deepening our relationship with the cycles and rhythms of nature and the life cycles
- Work with visualisation: Learn a range of different traditional and creative scripting options, contra- indications, appropriateness and therapeutic value
- How to create your own Yoga Nidra: cultivate your own unique and creative Yoga Nidra experiences
- Understand the therapeutic benefits of Yoga Nidra
- Learn to adapt and respond when guiding practices
- Learn the secrets of energetic transmission and how to deliver effective Yoga Nidra through voice and sound work
What's Not IncludedTransportation to and from the venue may be arranged through the retreat centre for a small additional cost
Venue HighlightsOur brand new retreat centre is set on an organic ayurvedic farm and all food and meals will be grown on the land from which we journey.
Far away from the tourist trail, nestled in the luscious balinese countryside it is the most ideal venue for this dive in the art and science of yogic sleep.
Organic shop and spa facilities available
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
Menu/CuisineThe food will be organic and grown on the land on which we journey. It will be chef prepared by some of Bali's finest.
DirectionsDirections to this brand new and exclusive space will be made available upon booking.
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Jessie Emmons February 24, 2020
Simone, Leti and the rest of the Somah Journey's team provide an unbelievably comfortable atmosphere that enabled me to expand my overall knowledge of yoga and life in general. There was a good mix of heated Vinyasa to more relaxed deep Yin classes that always began with breathing and awareness exercises. Simone was able to provide many guided yoga nidra classes and expand on the science behind it in class form, which was a nice addition to the course. The level of talent Letizia has in leading ceremonies truly shines in her ability to provide support to the group mentally, physically and musically. I would highly recommend this experience to anyone who has a true calling to the plant medicines and yoga. To say I left Peru enlightened and with a new spice for life would be an understatement. I truly appreciate everything Simone and Somah Journey's have done for me and fully intend on working with them again. Much love, Jessie
Lisa Hampel August 28, 2018
Trying to stay positive is not hard when talking about the teacher training with SoSA. I signed up having been practicing regularly for a good while and this still exceeded my expectations in how much it would continue to deepen my practice. The teachers are magnificent and their light inspires to dip into the magical essence that is your self. Nearly a year on and lessons learned still continue to emerge and crystalise, like the most magical gift that really keeps on giving. I would do it all over again in a heartbeat and am forever thankful to have been part of it.
Heather Evans August 27, 2018
I attended SOSA's 200-hour yoga teacher training in April of 2014 and it was nothing short of life-changing deep-dive into the recesses of my soul. Not only did my practice transform...I transformed. For the first time, I felt as though I was really seen for who I was and what I had to offer this world. The instructors all held incredible space for growth, deep reflection, inquiry, and the subtle shifts that occur. From the philosophy and history to the daily posture clinics and practice sessions, there was always a chance to go deeper and learn more - not only about yoga but also about myself. I am forever grateful to SOSA for introducing me to myself and for allowing me to become a member of this global family - the SOSA Tribe!
Erlin Sulisthio July 18, 2018
SOSA helped me change into someone who is more confident with myself and trusting of my own soul and inner teacher. After joining the Yoga 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training program in Bali, I feel the difference in me as well as in my perspective about life. If you really want to know about yoga ... SOSA was a great choice to learn to teach yoga and understand the full depth of the practice. The team of teachers have so much experienced and had no reservations about sharing that knowledge with us. My fellow classmates quickly became a tribe...they were incredible brothers and sisters who always kept me motivated. The journey of a thousand steps starts from one first step, and so SOSA as my first steps to truly knowing yoga has changed the course of this journey of life for the better, forever. Thank you and love you SOSA!
Rachel Bentley July 15, 2018
This yoga teacher training retreat is everything you’ve ever dreamed of AND MORE!! I knew yoga school would be life changing but I had no idea that it would have been this much of an impact of every aspect of my life. Signing up with SOSA has taught me how to handle everything from daily life stressors, yoga poses/flows, positive thinking, how to truly open my heart, how to handle my seer, how to make and hold space for myself as well as others, how to protect my energy, how to discover my inner sanctuary, healthier nutrition (I’m a TN girl #not easy teaching us to put down the bad food), SANSKRIT❤️ And so many many priceless lessons I learned while studying there!!!! Words can not express my love for ALL the people I’ve met along the SOSA journey..... JUST SIGN UP ALREADY✨✨✨
Cat Newton-Haydon July 15, 2018
Having completed the 200hrs YTT course with SOSA (2017) in Bali, I found that I’d only touched on a fraction of the practice of yoga, despite having a practice of 8+ years. SOSA provided me with the safest community to, not only guide me into a deeper understanding of the asana practice, but to awaken my questioning as the practitioner. Where I would falter with ideals, their teaching and guidance organically directed me to a rational understanding of myself, life situations and future opportunities. The many statements, for example: ‘know yourself’, ‘you are who you are’ and ‘believe in yourself’ (and there are many others!) came into question during my training and the unfolded answers have made my practice more valuable. For someone to teach others how to benefit from their own yoga practice (both on and off the mat), there are so many other elements to understand before becoming a teacher (the ability to look at yourself, listen to others and to be true at all times, as examples), the course ensured that all the elements are drawn together and worked through in a clear and concise teaching method. The core team, led by Simone, Heather and Randall (plus the incredible assistants who worked with them at the time), bring a well balanced course covering asana practice and posture analysis, anatomy and philosophy with additional elements of mantras, rituals, diet and business guidelines - the latter being very useful for anyone wishing to take their learning in this direction. As I learnt, business is not for everyone and no one has ‘failed’ if this is not their final destination - each person has their own understanding of how they wish to share their learnings - I’m still finding my way. Bali is a magical part of the world and the safe environment SOSA offers in which to learn, share and be healed, should be greeted with an open mind and an open heart - the course truly changed my life! I’m highly privileged to have been a student with SOSA and be part of this incredibly rich and knowledgeable family, and would like to thank Simone, Heather and Randall for opening my heart to change� Love, light and gratitude �
Brittany Dobbs July 15, 2018
What an amazing month in Bali with School of Sacred Arts! This 200 hr training provides you with a well-rounded experience of self-inquiry, philosophy, techniques, etc. The team of experienced teachers was absolutely incredible and so knowledgeable in a variety of practices. Walking away from my month with SOSA, I have a deeper sense of self, and I am well-equipped to share the benefits of yoga with the world around me.
Emma Lowe July 13, 2018
Learning how to facilitate an asana practice through anatomy, alignment and the art of assisting is simply scratching the surface of what can be learnt from this course. Simone and her team create a safe and nurturing space in which true self enquiry can take place, in order for you to be able to truly align with yourself and be able to therefore teach from the heart and not someone else's experience of yoga. You are given the time to invest in yourself and encouraged to find and lay down your own blueprint for how yoga can therefore come off the mat and into the contours of your life. Whilst at the same time being gifted daily with a wide and balanced variety of philosophical, practical and physical practices. Heart is the fundamental essence of my experience of SOSA. The Schools love and passion for Yoga and the wisdom traditions is so evident and therefore so infectious and inspirational. Each individual and highly professional teacher has something fresh, brilliant and unique to share, culminating in a deeply resonating collective breadth of wisdom absolutely unparalleled to any 'education' I have ever received. The transformational and magical potential of this yoga teacher training is something to be felt and embodied and I feel my words can scarcely do it justice but my heart is so full with gratitude for each and every minute of this immersion that I know already it will last a life time. It has opened up my heart and mind to infinitive possibilities within myself and how I see the world. Whether you have the calling to teach, to deepen your personal practice, to reconnect with nature, humanity, your own essence...know you are in the safest of hands, the wisest of knowledge, among the kindest of hearts and the dearest of friends with this beautiful tribe.
Similar Retreats You Might Like