Wilderness Adventure Therapy Retreat - Healing Attachment Wounds
- Goal/Intention setting, collaborations with the natural world, fly fishing with lessons, tree talking, hiking, camping, camp fire, therapeutic guidance, reflection, movement guidance, journaling time, sensory awareness activities, mindfulness, meditation, nature mandalas and breath work.
I. Morning coffee, tea, movement, meditation and guided intention setting for the day, learn the way of counsel
II. Guided group hike
III. Sensory Awareness, Nature Mandala, Solo hike with Tree talking & journal writing, group share and reflection in counsel
V. Guided meditation, Inner child walk/play, Counsel reflection,
VI. Free time to explore park while dinner is being prepared
VIII. Camp fire share and reflection / ceremony / night journal
About This Event
Join us for this therapeutic retreat to refresh, restore, and heal emotionally and physically in picturesque Cap Rock Canyon State Park. We'll start the day with movement in nature and set your specific intention for self growth, healing or letting go. You'll have the opportunity to practice mindfulness while learning fly fishing and the art of letting go. You,ll challenge yourself physically on scenic hikes and solo hikes to journal and reflect on personal intentions. There will be sensory awareness activities, tree talking and collaborations with the natural world. Nature is great co-therapist and is known to increase creativity, boost your immune system, lower your blood pressure. aide and focus and so much more. Escape from technology, news and noise and gift yourself with exploration and adventure.
The weekend focus will be on healing attachment wounds that are affecting relationship with self and others. "The attachment relationships in your developing years is the space where you learn your worth, and where you learn to self sooth and survive difficult emotions and experiences. These early years are also when you begin making sense of who you are, how you carry yourself and interact with others" (Bowbly, 1973).
All activities are by choice and open to modification.
"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." John Muir
- 2 Day retreat starting at 9:30 am Saturday Morning and ending at 5:00 pm Sunday (optional: arrive Friday night while we are setting up).
- 1 hour pre planning session and 1 hour post session in person or via zoom.
- The Camp site and camping equipment are included in the cost or you may chose to commute from a local hotel or reserve you own private camp site. We provide snacks, fruit, a nutritional meal to be shared around the Saturday night camp fire and a healthy lunch on Sunday (please bring your own breakfast food, snacks and Saturday lunch). The campsites are primitive and water will be provided but additional water is always welcome.
- We offer fly fishing lessons and fly tying lessons (equipment provided), guided hikes, guided movement with simple yoga posses, therapeutic guidance, reflection and coaching in intention setting. processing and connecting with nature.
What's Not IncludedTravel to and from park are not included. Please provide your own breakfast food, extra snacks and Saturday lunch. There is a $5 park entrance fee each day. There is very little cell service in the area.
Venue HighlightsWhere Bison Roam...
Wind and water over the eons shaped the rugged beauty of Caprock Canyons State Park in the Panhandle of Texas. Today, bison roam the plains, bats roost in Clarity Tunnel, and you can explore 90 miles of trails.
Things to Do
Besides marveling at the bison and bats, you can hike, mountain-bike, camp, geocache, or take a scenic drive. Lake Theo offers fishing and swimming.
Most of the nearly 90 miles of trails are open for hiking and biking. Trails range from easy (Mesa Trail) to very challenging (Haynes Ridge Overlook Trail). Lengths range from just over 1 mile to 15 miles. Only experienced bikers should ride the more difficult trails. Access the Trailway from the park or trailheads.
AccommodationsFree camping with the us as a group:
1. Private campsites available to rent at the Caprock Canyon State Park Website.
2. There are a few hotels available 30 min away in Silverton, Texas
3. There are also a few Airbnb's listed in Quitaque, Texas near Caprock Canyon
- Tour Assistance
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineChicken Tacos with all of the fixings including guacamole and dutch oven backed peach cobbler. Vegetarian alternatives available - examples: Quinoa and Lentil tacos
DirectionsCaprock Canyon State Park and Trailways
850 Caprock Canyon Road
Quitaque, Texas 79255
Caprock Canyon is:
1 1/2 hours drive from Amarillo, Texas
4 1/2 hours drive from the Dallas - Fort Worth Area
1 1/2 hours drive from Lubbock, Texas
The closest airports are Amarillo, Lubbock and Dallas.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due 14 days before the retreat start date.
The remaining balance is non-refundable once paid.
Get full details...