25 Day 'Envision Transformation' 200 HR Yoga Teacher Training in Costa Rica
- Kula Collective
- Limón Province, Manzanillo, Costa Rica
- Sep 10 - Oct 4, 2019 (25 days)
- Eat, breathe and live yoga as you immerse yourself in the holistic lifestyle of Punta Mona, the oldest Permaculture farm in Costa Rica
- Use Earth Medicine practices, sacred ceremony and the wisdom of the shamans to transform your world, understand your soul's journey and reveal your true connection to Self
- Coordinate your adventure with the small but vibrant Envision Festival, Feb 25-29, known for its commitment to sustainability and embrace of yoga and holistic health
- Disconnect from the swirl of the everyday world as you connect to the immense power of nature and simple living in the Caribbean coastal jungle
- Experience community life on an 85-acre sustainable permaculture farm, where we live in harmony with our surroundings
- Learn about and taste tropical food and herbs from the abundant jungle gardens
- Feed your soul on 3 Gourmet jungle vegetarian meals per day, mostly organic & local with many raw food options and local superfoods
- Practice yoga while listening to the soothing ocean waves
- Disconnect as you leave roads and phone network behind (limited wifi available)
- Experience the bliss of Pura Vida!
- Hiking through primary rainforest
- Snorkeling tropical reefs
- Surfing (weather permitting)
- Learn Spanish
- Visit nearby traveler's mecca, Puerto Viejo
- Sea kayaking
- Optional raw foods or herbs workshop
- Natural mud bath cleanse in nearby jungle river
- Help at the Jaguar rescue center
- Visit sloth sanctuary
- Horse back riding along the beach
- Boat tours, fishing
- Massage and healing work
- Beach fires with live music
- Study Permaculture at the oldest sustainable community in Costa Rica
ScheduleTypical Kula Day:
6:15 - 8:30 am Art of Practice
Meditation, Pranayama, and Asana
8:30 - 10 AM Breakfast
10 - 1 pm Art of Living/Teaching
Yoga Anatomy, Philosophy, Daily Intentions & Special topics
1 - 3 pm Lunch & Self-Study
3 - 5:30 pm Art of Teaching
Kula Flow, Asana Analysis, Adjustments & Creative Sequencing
5:30 - 7 pm Dinner
7 - 8:30 pm Art of Healing
Ceremony, Kirtan or Satsang sacred gathering (*every other evening)
About This Event
Imagine balancing effortlessly in Tree pose, feeling the quiet strength of your roots burying deep into the earth as you feel the ancient trunks of jungle giants silently all around…Bury your worries in soft coral sand as the caresses of a healing breeze and warm waves fill your body with vitality. At our off-the-grid, jungle farm location at Punta Mona, you will learn and heal through the elements, drinking in the smell of ginger and ylang ylang while your ears take in the symphony of parrots, howler monkeys and the slow rush of a sleepy sea.
About Envision Transformation…
At our Envision Transformation RYT-200 Yoga Teacher Training, every moment is breathtakingly intertwined with the power of nature. We start our day with what is real: waking with the sun, breathing with the sounds, meditating and moving with the rhythms of the jungle. We practice and learn in the open air, drawing constantly from the elements of the Earth to help us in our process of discovery.
Experience the sweetness of life while dancing to the heartbeat of the jungle beaches by moonlight. Swim in the warm, shallow waters of the Caribbean and experience the magic of living your passion. Use Earth Medicine practices, sacred ceremony and the wisdom of the Andes to transform your world, understand your soul's journey and reveal your true connection to Self.
Draw on the healing effects that such an immersion in nature provides while learning a holistic approach to teaching; taste tropical, medicinal foods while filling yourself up on the experience of caribbean rainforest living. Follow the call to la Pura Vida, where the strong bonds of lifelong practice and family friendship await you. Disconnect from the swirl of the everyday world as you connect to the immense power of nature in the Caribbean coastal jungle!
We are the ones you have been waiting for.
- Yoga teacher training tuition
- Certificate of completion
- 24 nights of accommodation
- 3 meals per day
What's Not IncludedAirfare
Venue HighlightsWhat you'll love about the Punta Mona Retreat Center...
Punta Mona, on the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica close to the Panamanian border, is built on the power of community and the beauty of living a simple, intentional life. We will share lodging and bathrooms in simple, sustainable community lodges, with comfortable shared spaces and hammocks. Single options are available. Compost toilets and showers are shared by all and the center doubles as a permaculture community and education center.
Punta Mona offers the unlikely experience of a sustainable, permaculture education center in the deep jungle of Costa Rica’s Caribbean coast. Surrounded by unique foods and medicinal plants, and secluded from roads, modern technology and other people, this is a totally unique opportunity to “Disconnect to Reconnect”. This is a unique place and one that has much to teach about the things we take for granted, the power of community, imagination, equality and the beauty of living a simple, intentional life. Eat, breathe and live yoga as you immerse yourself in the holistic lifestyle of the oldest Permaculture farm in Costa Rica.
AccommodationsShared and private accommodation available.
- Free Wifi
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineFeed your soul on 3 gourmet jungle vegetarian meals per day, mostly organic & local with many raw food options and local superfoods!
Plan to arrive into San Jose (SJO) International airport at the latest the day before the training. From there, please keep in mind that it is still a half-day's journey to Puerto Viejo. You can schedule your flight out of Costa Rica either in the late afternoon/evening of the last day or the following day (or stay longer and enjoy the beach and jungle!)
Click here for more detailed information about getting from SJO to Puerto Viejo. Options include shuttle (around $50) or taking the bus (around $15), both of which take around 4-5 hours.
After arriving to Puerto Viejo, your Lead Facilitator will give you the details on where to meet, and after which we will travel to Punta Mona together with a shared shuttle leaving at 11am, followed by a boat from Manzanillo at 12 noon. If you are staying at Casa Verde, please have your luggage ready to go, and if you are staying elsewhere please bring your luggage to breakfast so we can be ready to leave on time at 11am.
There will be an early morning 6 am boat for anyone who would like to depart at that time. There is a 7 am bus that stops in Puerto Viejo ($2) or goes to San Jose ($15 and arrives around noon). Check out from Punta Mona will be by 10 am and there will be an option for a slightly later boat. If you wish to stay extra nights, you will need to contact Punta Mona directly.