Reclaiming the Feminine
About This Event
• Are you a woman who is tired of doing, forcing, fixing, and striving, only to feel DEPLETED and EXHAUSTED?
• Maybe you're a bit of a badass in your career or day to day life, but feel like you're falling apart on the inside.
• Do you struggle with allowing yourself to RECEIVE love, support, and kindness from partners, friends, or yourself?
• Have you been WOUNDED by a culture where it seems like sexual assault, disrespect for women, and the silencing and dismissal of women's voices is rampant and accepted?
• Have you been a victim of sexual assault or harassment, incest, domestic violence, or other abuse?
• Do you feel DISCONNECTED from your intuition, your emotions, or your body?
• Would you like to learn to LOVE your body, your emotions, and your authentic self?
If you said yes to any of these questions, then Reclaiming the Feminine is for you! In this 7 day, 6 night retreat, we will learn:
• The concept of masculine and feminine energy, and how this impacts your life, your relationships, and the planet. These energies have nothing to do with gender, but instead describe how we express ourselves in the world and in relationships.
• What it means to access and EMBODY feminine energy to help you HEAL, RECEIVE, TRUST, so you can live a life of FREEDOM and an OPEN HEART. Sound intimidating? Weird? Sexist? Completely foreign to you? Read on....
• Reclaiming the Feminine does not mean becoming a submissive, powerless woman. It is also not about gender or sexual orientation. Feminine energy is a powerful, RECEPTIVE, INTUITIVE, LOVING and CREATIVE energy inside all of us, regardless of gender.
• Feminine energy has been DISMISSED and abused for centuries, and is definitely being denied in our current political and cultural climate. When this happens, many women tap into a more dominating, goal focused, "get shit done" masculine energy that we often believe is necessary to survive in a masculine world.
• On the flipside, many women fall into the unhealthy aspects of the feminine which often manifests as a denial of your needs, an INABILITY TO USE YOUR VOICE, submissiveness, CODEPENDENCE, and a loss of sense of self.
• You'll identify whether you are denying the masculine or feminine sides of yourself due to SHAME, cultural and familial messages, being wounded and afraid, or feeling INADEQUATE, or not good enough.
• Experience SAFETY, ritual, and community with a group, as we transform our relationships from wounding ourselves and others to LOVING and SUPPORTING ourselves and each other.
• Yoga, meditation, and guided experiential exercises will be used to help us CONNECT WITH BODY, HEART, AND SPIRIT, to discover the body as a temple, to HEAL THE WOUNDS of the feminine, and to AWAKEN AND EMBODY SELF-LOVE.
Join us for 7 days and 6 nights as we immerse ourselves in the healing powers of the jungle and ocean, and dive into what it means to become fully connected to the feminine.
This 7-Day, 6-Night retreat includes:7 days, 6 nights shared occupancy at Vida Asana Eco Lodge and Yoga Shala. All rooms include a private bathroom, hot water, fridge, air conditioning, and ceiling fan.
• 2 Daily Yoga or Meditation classes taught by Brandy or Chelli, including: Vinyasa Flow, Restorative, Pranayama, and meditation or Yoga Nidra. Yoga classes are suitable for all levels and abilities.
• Daily experiential group exercises to help you learn about the Feminine, heal, and embody this profound energy to help you feel more connected to yourself, other women, and the earth.
• Round trip group transportation to/from San Jose airport.
• 3 fresh, healthy, home cooked, local meals per day
• Quick walk to the beach (with daily free time to explore it and nearby Jaco town).
• A heart centered sweat lodge ceremony.
• Guaranteed R&R in hammocks under palm trees.
• 24/7 Access to the entire Vida Asana 3 acre facility including pool, jungle yoga shala, lounge, gift shop, restaurant and gardens.
• Free Wifi, although we highly encourage you to disconnect while you're here.
• Sangria night group celebration.
Early Bird Discount $1895: Receive $100 off if you register before October 1, 2019 (must be paid in full by this date).
$1995 (After October 1, 2019)
Refer a friend who signs up, and you each receive $50 off your registration.
Chelli Pumphrey (contact info blocked)
Learn More: (contact info blocked)
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Cindy Hannon July 18, 2019Absolute love!!
Vida Asana family, you created an experience that was equal parts personal growth + adventure + relaxation + wonderful conversation. I didn't really know what to expect, as this was my first visit to Costa Rica and Vida Asana but within minutes of arriving on the property I knew I made the absolute right decision. Start of rainy season was perfect - less crowds. The food, of the food ... all I can say is "amazing". :) Sean, Frank, Lauren, Karen, Veronica, Alexis, and Frank want you to enjoy this piece of heaven as much as they do - from helping with translations, to coordinating excursions, to just making sure all was ok ... such a beautiful place. Showed up solo; never felt alone. Already looking forward to next years visit. Cindy New Hampshire, USA
Sabine Hahnel May 22, 2019Vida Asana
I spent a week at Vida Asana Eco retreat as part of a Yoga practice week and to re-connect with myself. The retreat itself is nicely located,close to a smaller town and also only about 10 minutes by bike(which are provided) to the beach. The accommodations are efficient, rooms are air conditioned and clean. The staff is very friendly and so are the 2 cats and 2 dogs at the retreat location who like to be petted. The grounds are well kept and the resort has a pool and many lounge chairs to catch some rays and read a good book. There also is a hammock station with I think 4 or 5 hammocks for your use. The Yoga Shala is beautiful and mats,bolsters and blankets are provided along with some bug spray if one should need it. The food is phenomenal and served 3 times a day,lovingly prepared by Frank the chef and the other kitchen staff. It is mostly vegetarian (which I am not) but so delicious that I didn't miss meat once. There is many things you can do around the retreat (bike,hike,swim,shop,relax) or book some excursions for a dshungel hike or surfing or zip lining or paddle boarding. Mario the driver is sure to get you there and back safely. I really enjoyed my stay there.
Susan Leeson May 22, 2019A beautiful peaceful yoga retreat!
My family and I spent a week at Vida Asana this May and when the time came we were not ready to leave. The staff and volunteers were always friendly and available. The rooms were comfortable and well equipped to stay cool. The food was made with great care and better quality than most resorts I have been to. All of the meals were amazing and always accompanied by a delicious smoothie. There many gathering and relaxing spaces to hang out around the property including the hammocks, deck and the beautiful pool. The shala was a perfect place for our morning and evening yoga practice. Every afternoon we used the bikes for an easy ride to the beach at Playa Hermosa. Vida Asana is a place we hope return again and again.
Trisha Mccoll March 19, 2019Absolutely would recommend!
Cannot speak highly enough of my experience with Vida Asana. The staff were personable and accommodating, and the space was even more spectacular than I had anticipated. Will absolutely recommend to anyone seeking accommodations in the area!
Trudi February 19, 2019You Aced it!
Thank you for all the work you do in preparation for the retreat. The seemless organization between the two of you allows the participants to feel very well taken care of and affords the opportunity to explore and extend ones practice. One of my goals had been to ameliorate all ramifications of my sprained ankle Leaving the tendon tears themselves as the focus for further healing. Your attention and support allowed this to happen, with range of motion and reduction of related discomfort attenuated. I appreciated your holding the times of the yoga sessions sacrosanct so the yoga was not secondary to the other adventures. I liked the addition of the vinassa and really liked the readings, though I think I would have preferred a selection of one, rather than a more extensive reading at each juncture. I like to read from books I have of Taoist or Buddhist Meditations and stories daily and work hard to discipline myself to. ‘Not read on’. Personally, when theres ‘too much” I tend to not think of any of it;) In that light, I was left considering (from the beginning reading) thinking of ‘the seat’ in asana and I had wished for a slowing down to find that place. Inmy daily practice I hold everything I do for at least two minutes with a goal of trying to find it. As I was doing so many more asanas and stretching of my practice at the retreat , I would have relished more times to have found the place of ;’no effort’. I appreciate that this is highly personal and not something which either you or anyone else might find particularly interesting as a focus.... Namaste.
Jennifer Joelle Kachler July 31, 2018Beautiful Birthday Vacation!
I spent my birthday at Vida Asana on a surf & yoga retreat and it was the greatest gift I gave myself in celebration! I'll start out the review by sharing that I extended my stay an extra day because it was such an incredible experience! If it wasn't for my job, I would have stayed longer! My goal was to surf and practice yoga but I received so much more than what I set out to do. The accommodations were perfect with a spacious room that included a balcony, private bathroom, mini-fridge, room sink with 9x filtered drinking water and an shelving unit that contains a rack to hang clothes and folded items within. As someone who has celiacs disease, is lactose intolerant and several other food sensitivities, I was truly blown away with the meals provided in the package! Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all plant based & gluten free so I was literally able to eat everything at every meal (which I can't even do in NYC where I live) and every item was nutritious, delicious and made with love! The community within Vida Asana is beautiful, everyone who works there becomes your family sharing your joy, light and love through all the work they do to ensure you and everyone has an amazing experience. I cannot wait to go back to Vida Asana for another retreat!!! Thank you Vida Asana, PURA VIDA!!!