SPIRIT OF NEPAL PILGRIMAGE AND YOGA RETREAT MARCH 2020
- Marissa Nolan is a professionally qualified and highly experienced therapist, social worker, lecturer, meditation teacher, yoga therapist and academic researcher. She has lived and worked in the Himalayas for 7 years and has been facilitating world-class events for 15 years.
- Marissa creates inspirational therapeutic retreats that also raise funds of local people in need. You will enjoy a professional yoga and meditation teaching designed to integrate the energy of these profound places, from the comfort of your boutique Himalayan hotels in the most stunning places in Nepal.
- In this trip-of-a-lifetime, experience five of the greatest energy centres in Nepal. You will also enjoy expert, transformative yoga and meditation in the most beautiful, luxury, boutique retreat hotels.
- You will discover the magic, ritual and history of Kathmandu. Walk the 365 steps up to the Monkey Temple (Swayambhunath) and see the sunset at this most spectacular Buddhist temple overlooking Kathmandu.
- Experience the power of Pashupatinath the holy place of transcendence. This is one of the most important temples in the world, dedicated to Shiva, the destroyer of darkness.
- Step back in time for 2 nights in your unforgettable, perfectly-restored, medieval hotel with the most stunning ancient mountain-top villages with snow-capped Himalayan views.
- Indulge in three days of bliss in one of the best hotels in Pokhara. This is time for you to go more deeply into the teachings of yoga and meditation.
- Here you will also enjoy a complimentary massage or spiritual healing session and visit to Phewa Lake to visit the Water Temple.
- Visit the high Muktinath Temple, in the ancient Tibetan kingdom of Mustang, precious to all Hindu's and Buddhist’s in Nepal. It is the greatest good fortune to visit once in your lifetime.
ScheduleDAY 1 – Sat 28th March - Spiritual Kathmandu
Airport transfer to your hotel
3pm orientation and yoga in your hotel
Visit one of Kathmandu’s most beautiful sites
Sunset from the temple overlooking Kathmandu
Dinner at a traditional restaurant in Kathmandu
Last minute shopping if needed
DAY 2 – Sun 29th March - Ancient Village
6am yoga/meditation + intro to Nepal’s spirituality
7am breakfast at the hotel
Visit the sacred burning ghats and temples
12noon lunch in the Buddhist village
Jeep to the picturesque medieval village (4 hours)
5pm Yoga with a view of the Himalayas
7 pm special local dinner of the indigenous people
DAY 3 – Mon 30th March - Ancient Village
7am yoga and meditation as therapy
10am mindfulness and compassion training
1pm lunch in the village
FREE TIME OR Optional: walk to the Buddha Cave
5pm yoga + science and why yoga works
7pm dinner in a boutique hotel restaurant
DAY 4 – Tue 31st March - Pokhara Resort
7am yoga + embodying yoga in the Himalayas
9am jeep to Pokhara resort (2-3 hours)
1pm lunch in the hotel garden
5pm the misunderstandings & lost teaching of yoga
6.30pm dinner in one of Pokhara’s finest restaurants
Enjoy a massage or spiritual healing session.
One complimentary treatment per person.
This can be used while in Pokhara.
Marissa is also available for additional therapy
appointments at a discounted rate for retreat guests.
DAY 5 – Wed 1st April - Pokhara Resort
7am yoga and meditation - energy cleansing practices
8am breakfast in the hotel
9am what can be learned from Nepali way of life?
10am visit the children’s clinic we are funding
12noon at the famous village traditional restaurant
2pm COMPLIMENTARY spa treatment in the village
5.30pm restorative yoga/yoga nida (on the view deck)
DAY 6 – Thurs 2nd April - Muktinath, Mustang
6am breakfast in your hotel
7.30am flight to Jomson, Mustang
9am jeep to Tibetan Village
Lunch - lunch in Village
5pm yoga/meditation to prepare for Muktinath temple
6.30pm dinner at Tibetan restaurant
7.30pm meditation at the Tibetan monastery
Stay in a restored monastery, now a cozy guesthouse
DAY 7 – Fri 3rd April - Muktinath, Mustang
6am breakfast in hotel
7am four hour hike or bus to Muktinath (your choice)
Prayers and blessings the temple
12noon lunch at the famous pilgrims restaurant
1pm bus to village (or 3 hour hike back to Kagbeni)
5.30pm light yoga and meditation
6.30pm dinner at your rustic boutique monastery hotel
DAY 8 – Sat 4th April – Return to Pokhara
6am meditation with monks in a 1429 circa gompa
8am flight from Jomson, Mustang to Pokhara
Notify of your forwarding travel arrangements prior
(Allow an extra night incase of return flight delays)
For Pokhara hotel recommendations, contact Marissa
SUPPORTING NEPALESE CHILDREN
As a therapist and social worker, every retreat and
experience Marissa creates is motivated to help others.
For this trip, AUD$100 pp will be donated to providing
treatment for traumatised children of Nepal.
Extra contributions are welcome and you are free
to raise extra funds, although there is no obligation.
About This Event
"There is a reason why so many people are drawn to the Himalayas… the incredible beauty, the kindness of the people that makes your heart expand and a feeling of peace and freedom that you can only find here. It is something that cannot be explained and can only be experienced. The Himalayas have always been associated with healing, inspiration, spirituality, beauty, and of course, yoga! Since ancient times, yogis have meditated in these mountains to acquire deep insight”. (Marissa Nolan, 2019)
The Himalayan mountains are the home of yoga, and with Marissa you have the opportunity to receive expert, authentic yoga and meditation teaching, along with healing processes. You will also discover Nepal’s history and culture, and the secrets to most stunning and energetically powerful places. All while enjoying the breathtaking mountain views, delicious vegetarian food and comfort of most beautiful boutique accommodation.
Marissa Nolan is a professionally qualified and highly experienced therapist, social worker, lecturer, therapeutic meditation and yoga teacher and researcher. She is also an expert in transformational process therapy, mindfulness, compassion training and therapeutic yoga.
Marissa has lived and worked in the Himalayas for 7 years and has been curating world-class events for 15 years, you are in very safe hands. Marissa creates once-in-a-lifetime luxury, inspirational retreats and experiences, that also raise money to help those in need in Nepal.
In this trip-of-a-lifetime, experience five of the greatest energy centres in Nepal (Pashupatinath, Swayambhunath, Boudhanath, Phewa Lake and Muktinath). You will also enjoy expert, transformative yoga and meditation in the most beautiful, luxury, boutique retreat hotels.
10 reasons to book into Marissa's next Himalayan retreat experience:
1. The Himalayan mountains are the home of yoga
2. Stay in stunning and unique boutique hotels
3. Practice yoga and meditation where yogis have for centuries
4. Be touched by the famous Nepalese hospitality
5. Just by participating you help raise money for local people in need
6. Discover the rich and dynamic culture and history of Nepal
7. Be changed by the incredible high energy that is only found here
8. Experience chakra energy centres and ancient spiritual places
9. Visit the most sacred temples in Nepal
10. Experience the simple and magical way of Nepalese life
“An inspirational and cultural feast. Marissa teachings are intelligent and easy to understand. Her generosity is seen in her humanitarian work” Sally, Australia, 2019
- Visit five of Nepals most sacred places
- Traditional Nepalese welcoming ceremony
- Your own deluxe suite with ensuite in all locations
- Hotel transfer from Kathmandu airport included
- One complimentary Nepalese massage
- Enjoy Nepal’s finest restaurants included in the retreat
- All meals are vegetarian, although meat is available at extra cost
- All dietary requirements are available upon request
- One night in Kathmandu (Pashupatinath, Boudha, Swayambhunath)
- Two nights in Bandipur (Buddha’s Cave)
- Two nights in Pokhara (Lake Phewa)
- Two nights in Lower Mustang (Muktinath Temple)
- The retreat includes all fees into all sacred sites
- No hiking, meditation or yoga experience is required
- Hikes are optional, a jeep can be arranged for those unable to join
- USD$100 donation to the children of Nepal on your behalf
- Professional meditation and yoga teaching by Marissa Nolan
- Therapeutic processes for greater self-understanding and resolve
- Experience transformational yoga and meditation
- You are welcome to arrive earlier or stay after the retreat
- You will have free time to explore and discover all locations
- Luxury jeep transport between locations is included
- Two internal Nepal flights included to Jomsom, Mustang
What's Not IncludedMeal dishes can be purchased separately if necessary
No experience is necessary. It is open to all levels.
International flights to and from Kathmandu are additional
Travel insurance needs to purchased separately
Venue HighlightsThe ancient city of Kathmandu:
Discover the magic, ritual and history of Kathmandu. Walk the 365 steps up to the Monkey Temple (Swayambhunath) and see the sunset at this most spectacular Buddhist temple overlooking Kathmandu.
Experience the power of Pashupatinath the holy place of transcendence. This is one of the most important Shiva temples in the world as 1 of 12 Jyotirlingas (radiant forms of Shiva, the Destroyer of Darkness). Mystics say columns of fire can be seen piercing the earth from the statues.
Feel the energy of the sacred Tibetan Buddhist site of Boudhanath which is alive with monks, chanting, incense and local people.
Learn about the roots of yoga and its core yoga practices, and specific meditations to activate these the energy of these special places.
Mountain top village retreat:
Step back in time staying in your unforgettable, perfectly-restored, ‘Newari’ boutique hotel.
Enjoy two sublime days of therapeutic yoga and meditation in one of the most stunning ancient mountain-top villages with snow-capped Himalayan views. Taste the distinct local food of the Newari people and enjoy a hike meditation at the Buddha’s Cave.
Comfortable luxury jeeps will take you the 4 hour trip to the village from Kathmandu, and then onward to Pokhara two days later. This will allow you to take in more of the beautiful landscape and local life.
Majestic lakeside Pokhara:
Indulge in three days of bliss in one of the best hotels in Pokhara. This is time for you to go more deeply into the teachings of yoga and meditation.
Here you will also enjoy a complimentary massage and visit Phewa Lake’s Water Temple.
Marissa from Gone Far Beyond utilises her skills, expertise and local knowledge to offer inspirational, bespoke experiences to raise funds and awareness for communities and people in need or crisis.
While in Pokhara you will have the opportunity to meet the team who dedicate their lives to helping children from disadvantaged, at-risk and traumatic situations.
Muktinath sacred Himalayan yatra:
Mustang was once an isolated and independent Tibetan kingdom. Today it is part of Nepal and retains its rugged and mystical reputation.
Spend two very special nights in the most picturesque Tibetan village, taste local food and stay in a restored monastery with the 2nd largest Buddha in Mustang. Experience morning chanting with the monks in one of Nepal’s oldest and most remote Tibetan monasteries built in 1429.
Our final destination is a 3-4 hour walk to Muktinath Temple, one of the most revered places in India and Nepal. You’ll see devotees making their way on foot from all over the continent to Muktinath. With its eternal fire burning, sacred water and wish-fulfilling properties, it is seen as the greatest blessing and good fortune to visit once in your lifetime.
A complimentary return 30min flight from Pokhara is included in your fees. A jeep can be arranged for those who choose not to take the hike.
AccommodationsThis will be a breathtaking journey in Nepal!
The retreat includes: all food and all accommodation, all professional yoga and meditation teaching, as well as two internal flights, and entry fee to all sacred sites.
During the retreat: In Nepal, food is so much a part of life. You will be treated to traditional Nepalese home-cooked food, as well as a few fine dining experiences carefully handpicked by Marissa. In your free time, you will have the opportunity to explore all locations, and you can also take advantage of the complimentary massage or healing session.
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Fitness Center
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineDuring the retreat, you will be treated to the most delicious Nepalese, Tibetan and Western vegetarian food and also the chance to visit a few of finest restaurants. Meat dishes are available at additional cost. Let us know if you have dietary requirements.
DirectionsIncluded in your package is a complimentary airport pick up and drop off from Kathmandu International airport.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Shakti Yogapeeth – Pokhara Western Development Region Nepal Pokhara Western Development Region NepalApr 4 - 28, 2020 (25 days)
Kathmandu Central Development Region Nepal Kathmandu Central Development Region NepalNov 6 - 15, 2020 (10 days)
Sambodhi Yoga Home – Budhanilkantha Central Development Region Nepal Budhanilkantha Central Development Region Nepal4 Nights