Sacred Medicine Guide Program Level I Certificate - Lake Chapala, Mexico
- Integrations Sacred Medicine Retreats
- Ajijic, Jalisco, Mexico
- Jan 20 - 26, 2020 (7 days)
- High-dose sacred mushroom preparation, guidance, and management
- Micro-dosing Mastery - implement, monitor, and maximize results
- Sacred medicine integration and lifestyle application
- Building rapport, generating trust, active listening
- Creating intention and ceremonial spaces for medicine journeying
- Contextualizing the sacred medicine experience
- Your role as a guide - knowing your limits, and when to involve licensed professional help
- Working in safety in a variety of indoor and outdoor environments
- Questions to ask before committing to guide work and when to say "no" to a request for services
- Common prescription drugs and their possible interactions and important contraindications
- Post-experience integration guidance and follow-up
- Our goal is to establish a framework for best practices and teach participants how to create effective models for contemporary sacred medicine use as the world realizes the potential these medicines have for revolutionizing the mental health and wellness professions.
As we continuously seek to upgrade the content of our program the following represents a general outline of our Sacred Medicine Guide Level I Certificate itinerary.
Day 1. Settling in, meet your team, group dinner, program review.
Day 2. Breakfast for group B, fasting, early cacao ceremony, and challenge-dose sacred mushroom exploration with temazcal sweat lodge guided by Nestor for group A, guide/facilitator training for group B, return to accommodations for dinner and integration discussions.
Day 3. Breakfast for group A, fasting, early cacao ceremony, and challenge-dose sacred mushroom exploration with temazcal sweat lodge guided by Nestor for group B, guide/facilitator training for group A, return to our accommodations for dinner and integration discussions.
Day 4. Breakfast, Micro-dosing Mastery presentation by Sarah, lunch, high-dose sacred mushroom guidance and management, integration workshops, group dinner.
Day 5. Bufo (5 MeO-DMT) exploration and a presentation by Annique on the Sonoran desert toad, living with them, habitat preservation, protection, and procreation, lunch, history, applications and contraindications for sacred medicine use, group dinner.
Day 6. Breakfast, integration day featuring our licensed therapist and full team participation, group dinner outing.
Day 7. Breakfast, departure activities
About This Event
SACRED MEDICINE GUIDE PROGRAM - Level I Certificate.
Why Sacred Medicine Guide Training?
We are healers. Now is the time to change the world.
All around the world, people are waking up to the need to step into their authentic 'whole' selves by saying yes to the power of love, compassion, authenticity, and healing. Never before has the world and its people been so in need of the healing powers of nature's medicines and the wisdom to use them responsibly.
A sacred medicine guide is one who understands the psycho-spiritual process of working with nature-based entheogens and who can help guide others through the healing journey. Our Sacred Medicine Guide Program will teach you how to work competently with a variety of sacred medicines in combination with the principles of dynamic sacred leadership and heart-centered service as your tools. The tools to begin to heal yourself, your family, and your community exist and the training to do so is here. Invest in your future and in the beauty of watching others transform and grow before your eyes.
We offer Sacred Medicine Guide Training Level I and Level II.
Our Sacred Medicine Guide Program is a certificate program for therapists, counselors, and anyone who feels called to be of service to those who explore sacred medicine or psychedelic spaces. Rooted in Mexican indigenous sacred mushroom knowledge we unlock historical and cultural motivations behind sacred medicine use and highlight the obligations, duties, and lesser known aspects of sacred medicine exploration. In this Level I Certificate training participants work closely with our sacred medicine guides, facilitators, and licensed therapist via hands-on workshops and sacred medicine ceremonies that include sacred mushrooms and bufo 5 MeO-DMT. In our Level II Certificate program your ability to facilitate for multiple sacred medicines expands to include kambo, xanga, sananga, peyote, and rapé. Our Level II Certificate is only available to graduates of our Level I Certificate Program.
At the end of this 7-day training you will be certified as a Level I Sacred Medicine Guide and empowered to hold one-on-one sacred medicine space for your friends, family, and community. As a certified member of our private medicine circle you'll be eligible for ongoing guidance, monthly facilitator calls with a member of our team, and discounts to Certificate Level II of your Sacred Medicine Guide Program and our Warrior Sacred Medicine Circle.
PROGRAM COMPLETION - Level I Sacred Medicine Guide Certification will provide:
- Confidence to "hold space" for one-on-one and small group sessions undergoing the sacred medicine healing processes
- Knowledge of medicine guide duties and responsibilities
- A deeper personal connection to the medicines
- Training to facilitate for sacred medicine experiences with sacred mushrooms and bufo 5MeO-DMT
- Knowledge of the benefits and risks associated with sacred medicine use
- Priceless hands-on experience in the new and rewarding fields of psychedelic therapy and sacred medicine self-exploration.
PROGRAM COMPLETION - Level II Sacred Medicine Guide Certification will provide:
- Indigenous and contemporary techniques for larger group processes
- Training to facilitate for multiple sacred medicines: sacred mushrooms, rapé , kambo, sananga & bufo 5MeO-DMT
- Tools for staying grounded and present in difficult situations
- Techniques for creating local integration circles and connecting to other communities
- Integration techniques that help guide others toward personal freedom and authenticity
- How to live the warrior ideal of service as a personal path to freedom
- The format for how to create and facilitate your own sacred medicine event
- Integrations team support, ongoing coaching, and collaboration on your future events using our infrastructure
Are you interested in hosting your own sacred medicine retreat or workshop?
Graduates of our Sacred Medicine Guide Program qualify for our Collaboration Initiative where we work hand-in-hand to develop your private psychedelic therapy practice, retreat business, or psychedelic/sacred medicine workshops and events. You'll have access to our event infrastructure, and powerful marketing/social media support with co-branding opportunities to fill your group events.
Applicants must agree to our Code of Conduct and meet the following criteria to be considered for this program:
Please read the following prerequisites to participate in our Sacred Medicine Guide Program
- Have a open and compassionate approach to assisting in the healing of others.
- Have experience with a healing and/or spiritual modality such as: psychotherapy, coaching, meditation, sound healing, reiki energy work, etc.
- Be mature and able to communicate well with an emphasis on active listening.
- Be able to sympathize with a wide variety of personalities, issues, backgrounds, and traumas
- Be emotionally and psychologically available all times during training
- Be physically and mentally fit and capable of assisting others performing basic yoga and mobility exercises.
We have a private Facebook group for members of our Sacred Medicine Circle. Through this group, you can:
• Chat with past and prospective participants before you come to our retreat. Our participants often take time before or after retreats to encourage other participants and enjoy our growing medicine circle.
• Build relationships with people you go through your retreat with. With everything you experience together, many say these relationships are some of the most valuable and meaningful connections they've ever had.
• Connect to the same teachers and sacred medicine guides who assist you at your retreat - for help, support, and guidance - we're more than happy to speak on the phone with you, if that is what will support you most.
For your safety we employ a basic health screening process to help evaluate and inform you of potential conflicts with sacred medicine exploration and any prescription medications or physical/mental health history. Once you complete your reservation we'll email you a link to complete our questionnaire online. We'll review your details and respond within 48 hours to schedule a welcome call and answer any questions you may have.
- Shaman-guided sacred medicine exploration workshops
- Traditional Mexican indigenous sacred mushroom ceremonies with temazcal
- Bufo 5 MeO-DMT exploration & presentation
- Professional integration and therapy support
- Micro-dosing Mastery by Sarah Hope
- Integration, workshops, discussions, and more
- Bilingual host/guide, private driver
- All ground transport including airport pick-up/drop-off
- Accommodations LOCATION B - Private mountain-side Spanish-style Hacienda
- Organic meals by private chef, group meal outings
What's Not IncludedAirfare is not included.
Venue HighlightsOur Sacred Medicine Guide Level I Certificate teachers include:
Omar Thomas, Founder & Medicine Guide
A long-time student of Fourth Way mindfulness practices and intensive sacred mushroom work under shamanic guidance, Omar teaches the practical daily application of the sacred medicine experience.
Nestor Castro, Medicine Man
As medicine guide for his community Nestor's practice of the indigenous use of temazcal in combination with sacred medicines is firmly rooted in nature and traditional techniques.
Annique of Gaia, Medicine Woman
An experienced teacher, medicine guide, and Sonoran Desert Toad habitat guardian, Annique's deep sacred medicine knowledge and connection to the medicines is evident upon meeting.
Sarah Hope, Integration Coach
As an entheogen coach utilizing psilocybin micro-dosing to enhance the ability to form new thought patterns, Sarah works with her clients to remove road blocks, limiting beliefs and conditioned responses that inhibit the highest expression of oneself.
AccommodationsThe accommodations for this event is our Accommodation B, a private Spanish-style hacienda situated mountain-side on a multi-level property (must climb stairs) with many gardens and outdoor spaces, yet walking distance to the plaza, shopping and restaurants. All rooms are double or shared occupancy with a variety of sleeping and bathroom configurations.
1. Double king master suite with a king bed, a king-size futon, and a double-sided master bathroom with a Jacuzzi. Two couples travelling together can request this room.
2. A king bed with private bath.
3. A large room with 4 twin beds plus a bunk with two twins, and a dedicated pool-side bathroom.
4. A smaller room with two twins and a dedicated hall bathroom.
5. A separate cottage with 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom. One bedroom has a double bed (full-size), the other has a twin bed plus a bunk with a double lower and twin upper.
Typically we assign rooms based on participants deemed best suited for sharing, however requests for a particular room and/or room-mate will be accommodated whenever possible. For complete details on all our accommodations please visit our accommodations page at Integrations Retreats.
Note: Sacred medicine ceremonies are conducted by a local indigenous community's appointed representative - typically off-site at his location. Round-trip transportation by our trusted driver is included.
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
Menu/CuisineAll meals are included, typically 3 meals per day on non medicine days and preparatory fasting with 1-2 meals on medicine days. Meals are served either family style or as a buffet. Most of our meals are prepared at our accommodations by private chef except for a few restaurant outings. If you have any dietary restrictions or preferences, please let us know.
DirectionsUpon arrival to Guadalajara International Airport (Miguel Hidalgo y Costilla) you will be met by our friendly bilingual guide, Diego, holding an Integrations sign. The drive to your accommodation in Ajijic, Lake Chapala is approx. 35 mins.
Target Check-In time January 20, 2020: 3-6 p.m.
Check-Out January 26th, 2020: by 11 am.