NEW YEAR’S 2020 VINYASA X KATONAH YOGA RETREAT DEC 28, 2019 - JAN 3, 2020 w/ Benjamin Sears & Brian Nygard
- LUXYOGA is all about integration; bringing people and practices together for an experience of great pieces that combine to exceed the sum of their parts – and your expectations.
- Benjamin and Brian are teachers and friends who share a belief in a fine balance between consistency and variation in practice. Teaching what works from different disciplines in a cohesive and connected way empowers students to think for themselves and best express their individual potential. On this retreat, you will improve your practice and awareness by repeating concepts in different applications. By exploring a curated set of movement and stillness variations while centered on fundamentals, you become radiant; up for any challenge, happy in your body, and self-reliant!
- This retreat is open to all levels and ages and counts as 20 Hours of Continuing Education Credit for Yoga Teachers. We have hosted guests of all ages from all over the world. All are welcome here.
ScheduleA DAY IN THE LUX
Each day will begin with variations on Katonah Yoga Practice, Benjamin’s signature Sacred Geometry Yoga Practice, breathwork and meditation.
The legendary LUX Provençal lunch buffet and a little downtime, unparalleled views, pool time.
Two afternoons will feature excursions that balance the cultural and cosmopolitan side of the South of France with the stunning nature of the hills of Provençe.
The remaining 4 afternoons will feature a second practice that from your teachers’ broad knowledge, tailored to ensure that you leave the retreat not only having made significant strides, but also with the tools to continue to work towards optimal health and performance. In a world of fad workouts, depth of focus on the component parts of your body combines with your own best effort for the results you want. Self-knowledge is power and at any level, you can train like the world’s best and/or find a path forward from an injury you might be dealing with.
About This Event
ABOUT THE DECEMBER VINYASA X KATONAH YOGA RETREAT
After the September 2019 LUX x Katonah Retreat with our founder Benjamin Sears and Brian Nygard sold out in barely a week, we decided make our annual New Year’s retreat the 2nd collaboration between this exceptional duo. Brian Nygard is one of a few teachers selected to facilitate Katonah Yoga trainings, and a respected mentor in the New York Yoga community. He has a diverse resume that spans Vipassana meditation, Hot and Vinyasa Yoga, Wim Hoff Breath-work, and a career as a professional musician.
“LUXYOGA is one of my great turning point experiences. The place is natural and beautiful, food simply delicious, hospitality excellent, the yogis who come together are memorable, the practice is intensive and in the most positive way haunting - Ines
- Upon arrival in Nice, your week in the LUXlife begins. Pick-up and drop off to Nice, France airport or hotel is included in your package. Our concierge will be in touch for your flight details. LUXYOGA is not responsible for your travel to and from Nice, France or any travel-related issues or delays. LUXYOGA is tax-deductible for all yoga professionals.
What's Not IncludedAirfare is not included.
Venue HighlightsTHE LUX VILLA
The LUX Villa is a 3-level 10,000 square foot private luxury home outfitted to support the services of a boutique hotel. Views over the foothills of Provence stretch from the Bay of Nice to the Harbor of Cannes and beyond. The villa recalls time when construction was an art and space was to be quietly shared. Each room has unique and memorable characteristics and thus rates vary.
The structure of the villa breaks down the walls between us. Instead of tourists at a resort, we are family in a luxury villa with an impeccably trained staff that supports us on a journey of connection, vacation, reflection and growth. Open architecture brings panoramic views that stretch from the bay of Nice to the harbor of Cannes into the living experience.
Mas is the traditional name for a French farmhouse and ours has been family owned since 1999 when it was extensively renovated to open the space, blending modern luxury with the found beauty of the classical masonry. The villa boasts one of the great views of the region. Because the land between us and the coastline is protected, we gaze upon pristine nature to the edge of the Mediterranean and beyond. Unique to the South of France is the ethereal feeling of being so very much away from it all but at the same time within arms-reach of the glamour of the riviera cities and the bucolic wonder of Provence. When the retreats are over each season and I have the chance to settle down by the pool or on my favorite terrace sofa, I am awed by the shifting beauty of nature and the restorative power of clean air and endless views.
The LUXYOGA retreat villa and our off-site cottages are like a boutique hotel: prices vary based on your choice of retreat and room.
Please reference the individual pages for each retreat to check exact rates and availability, and to make your booking.
Groups of 3 or more, email us for special booking options. Scroll down or click to view villa rooms. Space is limited and bookings are first-come, first-served.
Villa Rooms and Bookings:
Great Gatsby Suites
The Temple Suite
The Luxury Cottages @ Bleu Azur
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
We all dine together and food matters to me. A lot. Organic, seasonal, local - all that goes without saying. Eating is a sacred pleasure that represents love of life. Here, you will love life because of how you eat. You will savor ingredient-driven cuisine fit for the great dining rooms of the world at a communal table overlooking the Mediterranean coast. You might wear heals or a hoodie to dinner but regardless of how you dress you will be nourished by fresh, local products and immerse in a lifestyle of balance that can’t be bought off a shelf. We don’t do diets - instead, you will develop criteria and practice a foundational Ayurvedic principle: enjoy your food and how it makes you feel. You will learn to pick your spots and understand why we have a gluten-free menu with bread on the table. You will have your individual dietary needs exceeded, savor three sublimely healthy meals daily and restorative juices after every class. There will always be enough to support both your practice and your love of fine food.