36 Days 300-Hour Alignment & Therapeutic Yoga Teacher Training Course in Koh Phangan, Thailand
- --- Our training focuses on Asana Alignment, Anatomy, Physiology, Introduction to Therapeutic Yoga and the fascinating Body-Mind Connection, and so you will learn in details about ---
- Asana alignment
- The alignment of sun-salutations A, B as well as therapeutic and modified versions
- Vinyasa and Hatha yoga class structure methods
- Optimal body posture and postural miss-alignments such as: Kyphosis, Flat Back, Lordosis, Sciatica, Disc-Herniation, Bulging Disc and more...
- Core muscles and how to work with the core in a beneficial and balanced way
- Shoulder girdle and correct chest opening
- Safe backward bending for a healthy spine
- Sciatica and piriformis syndrome and how to adapt your student's practice accordingly
- Safe forward bending and the safety mechanism of the lower back
- Maintaining healthy knees
- The psoas muscle and its amazing emotional aspect
- Safe and adapted practice of headstand & different Inversions
- Safe practice of the shoulder-stand sequence
- The benefits and importance of active and passive spinal twists
- Adapting the yoga practice for menstruation and pregnancy
- Yoga for seniors and illness recovering students
- Yoga for self-healing
- Yoga for stress management
- Yoga for heart health
- Yoga for better digestion
- Mindfulness, classical yogic meditation and other various kinds of meditations
- Simple Fascia release and hydration
- Bandhas and the anatomical understanding of them
- Basic Kriya techniques
- Ayurveda and basic ayurvedic yoga classes designed for the three doshas
- --- Our training is designed for you to become a skilled yoga teacher, and so you will ---
- Find and develop your own unique voice as a yoga teacher
- Enrich your teaching skills with our 'Art of Teaching' workshops
- Learn postural alignment and introduction to therapeutic yoga, which will enable you to teach students of all levels and conditions
- Learn to structure an intelligent yoga class: Hatha, Vinyasa, Alignment and Therapeutic oriented
- Learn about different kinds of therapeutic yoga approaches of teaching
- Experience a variety of teaching styles and techniques, to inspire you as a yoga teacher
- Learn how to teach injury-free yoga classes
- Learn to adapt the yoga practice to different students’ populations and to their own unique needs
- Learn and practice asana body reading in our ‘Eyes on Asana’ workshops
- Learn more about the principles of demonstration, observation, assisting and adjusting for a yoga teacher
- Learn how to give safe and beneficial hands-on adjustments to your students
- Learn the basics of Therapeutic Touch, which will enable you to support your students with a confident hands-on approach
- Learn Yoga Philosophy and how to apply it to your everyday life
- Learn teachers' ethics
- --- We believe that a good yoga teacher should always stay a student, so we designed this program not only for develop your teaching skills and learn new knowledge, but also for self growth and transformation ---
- Practice yoga with alignment and feel the difference it makes in your body, breath and mind
- Bring new awareness and understanding to your own yoga practice
- Gain new body awareness and proprioception
- Gain new flexibility, strength and stability and understand what you need to develop or avoid in your own yoga practice
- Learn about your own body posture and how to optimize it
- Learn about the connection of your life story to your body posture
- Get better understanding of your own body-mind-emotion patterns and connections
- Learn the basics of Ayurveda, to give another dimension of understanding of your needs in the yoga practice
- Learn about the Chakras and the Energetic Body
- Learn about the traditional yogic life style and philosophy - adapting it to your own everyday modern life
- Practice Mindfulness Meditation daily, as part of a Therapeutic Mediation Program
- Learn and practice Classic Yogic Meditation and other interesting meditation techniques
- Eat healthy vegan Thai food
- --- Our 300-Hour Alignment Yoga Advanced TTC program is designed in the most approachable way, teaching every topic in both theoretical and practical manners ---
- Every subject you'll learn will start with a theoretical class, followed by the related practice.
- The course addresses yoga teachers of all disciplines, enables everyone to move at their own pace within the given frame of the program.
- Our 300-Hour Alignment Yoga Advanced TTC is designed for you to improve your teaching skills, and so you will practice teaching with our guidance starting from the second week of the course.
- Throughout the training our teachers will explain the body-mind-emotion connection and how it affects human posture, human health and life choices. They will support you in understanding your own patterns and connections, by sharing their own life stories as well as with some group sharing circles and private consultations meetings.
Schedule~ Daily Schedule - Sunday till Friday ~
•06:30 - 07:00 Morning Mindfulness Meditation
•07:00 - 07:30 Tea and Fruits, Break
•07:30 - 09:00 Lecture / Yoga Class
•09:00 - 09:15 Break
•09:15 - 11:00 Lecture / Yoga Class
•11:00 - 14:00 Lunch, Break
•14:00 - 16:00 Alignment & Adjustment Workshop / Practicum / Lecture
•16:00 - 16:30 Break
•16:30 - 18:30 Yoga Class / Workshop / Massage Class / Philosophy Class
•The course starts on Sunday morning at 09:00AM and ends on Saturday night with the graduation ceremony & dinner
•On Saturdays you will have 2 hours of self-practice (with a teacher) in the morning and the rest of the day off
•We will have a weekly Kirtan* night from 19:00 till 20:30
*Kirtan is the meditative chanting of Sanskrit mantras, accompanied by live music
About This Event
* The prerequisite for this training is a completion of a 200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training course.
The base of our 5 weeks 300-Hour - Yoga Alliance Certified - Alignment Yoga Advanced TTC is skeletal and asana alignment, therapeutic yoga principles, and the fascinating body-mind-emotion connection.
This program is a unique blend of modern-day science and classic yoga, Inspired by Iyengar yoga, physiotherapy and various kinds of therapeutic yoga. We believe that the yoga practice should be adapted to every student needs, even when teaching a large group. Therefore, Our aim is to enrich you with the important core principles behind body structure, alignment and therapeutic yoga, so that you can integrate this knowledge in your self-practice and teaching, taking it to next level.
You will be able to reinvent your yoga practice and enrich your yoga teaching with a new extensive toolbox of yoga methods, approaches and techniques. You will acquire the ability to evaluate individual needs and adapt the yoga practice accordingly, enabling you to create intelligent, health promoting and injury free yoga environment.
The base of our approach and teaching is Asana alignment (influenced by Iyengar yoga) and we see it as the core foundation of all kinds of yoga practices. We encourages our students to find their own unique voice as yoga teachers, relying on this solid ground of alignment. And so our Alignment Yoga Advanced 300-Hour Program can fit all kind of yoga teachers, as long as they are curious and have a desire to learn more and deepen their knowledge.
Our program is Yoga Alliance certified and so upon completing it you will be entitled for a RYT-300 Yoga Alliance teaching certification. Having a RYT-200 Yoga Alliance teaching certification already - you will be entitled for a RYT-500 Yoga Alliance teaching certification as well.
* Note: Prices shown here are including a 200 US$ Early Bird discount price. They apply when booking and paying the deposit up to 3 months before the course start date. After that full price applies.
The place is magical 🌈 The Teachers are authentic, smart, humble and beautiful The island is enchanted. So happy to have chosen this training 🙏 - Karina Catellani, Argentina
- Luna Alignment Yoga comprehensive course manual book and our Luna Alignment Yoga carrying cotton bag for it
- Daily breakfast of tea and fruits
- Daily vegan lunch
- RYT-300 Yoga Alliance teaching certification. And having a RYT-200 Yoga Alliance teaching certification already - you will also be entitled for a RYT-500 Yoga Alliance teaching certification.
- We care about the environment - We offer free drinking water in our venue with a free bottle refill option for our students
What's Not Included- Transportation from the Pier
Venue HighlightsOur Alignment Yoga Teacher Training Courses (TTCs) represent a comprehensive presentation of yoga as therapy, a vehicle to promote health and a discipline providing genuine well-being. The base of our programs is skeletal and asana alignment, anatomy, therapeutic yoga principles and the fascinating body-mind-emotion connection. Our programs are a unique blend of modern-day science and classic yoga inspired by Iyengar yoga, physiotherapy and various kinds of yoga therapy.
We have already certified more than 260 graduates in 11 different courses, all lead by our Yoga Director and Head Teacher, Tal Swissa and the rest of our highly skilled team who, together, have over 40 years of combined teaching experience
•100-Hour Yoga Therapy & Alignment Yoga TTC
•200-Hour Alignment Yoga TTC
•300-Hour Alignment Yoga Advanced TTC
AccommodationsWe offer our courses in two packages - with or without accommodation, according to your preference.
If you choose the package with accommodation it includes external private accommodation for the course duration, all in a walking distance from our school and the beach. The options are:
> Private fan bungalow with a balcony, beach side, walking distance to our school
> Private fan house with kitchen and balcony, near the beach, walking distance to our school
> Private A/C spacious house with kitchen and balcony, short walking distance to our school and the beach
•If you choose the package without accommodation then you will be responsible for making your own accommodation arrangement (we will be happy to recommend about accommodation options).
•We also offer a cheaper accommodation option with private A/C houses with kitchen. It is further from our school and the beach - about 12 minutes walk or 5 minutes on a bicycle or just a couple of minutes on a scooter. Please contact us for more details.
•If you would like to stay in a more luxurious accommodation (for a higher price) please contact us for more details.
Menu/CuisineAll of our food is vegan (mostly Asian style) and provided by the well-known Art Café restaurant in Koh-Phangan, who is happily serving the island community since its opening back in 2009. Food is prepared with love and attention, made out of fresh and local ingredients, aiming to provide a notorious, rich and healthy eating experience. As a bonus, all Luna Alignment Yoga TTC students are entitled to a 15% discount when dining in the Art Café restaurant during the course.
We care about the environment - We offer drinking water in our venue with a free bottle refill option for our students.
DirectionsArrival to the island is by ferry. You should arrive to the Thong-Sala pier which is the closest to Srithanu, our village.
Ferries are run by 3 companies: Lomprayah, Seatran Discovery and Raja Ferry (depending where you come from). They run from morning till afternoon (Raja Ferry runs later as well). You can check their timetable online.
Important: Since arrival-to and departure-from the island are only by ferries, please pay attention to the ferries schedule in advance - on your way to the island make sure you can make it to the ferry to Koh-Phangan on time, and on the way out of the island make sure you can arrive on time for your ongoing travels.
Please also note that ferries can sometime be late so we advise to take an extra buffer time in your itinerary plan.
When arriving to the island before the course you should go to your accommodation. At Thong-Sala pier taxis are available and they can take you there. The ride to Srithanu should take about 15 minutes and cost about 200 THB. You can also take a taxi-bike for about 150 THB (taxi-bike drivers are wearing orange vests).
We will meet all the students on the first day of the course and walk together to our school. We will give more details about the meeting on the course facebook group.