Yoga & Winter Activity
- Customised retreat experience
- Daily yoga classes in a panoramic studio
- Daily breakfast and three course plant based dinner
- Take part in various winter guided activities such as snow shoe hiking and cross country skiing
- 7 nights accommodation in stunning Scandinavian inspired home
- Daily afternoon tea with plant-based cake
- Wood fired hot tub
- Stunning mountain views
- Transfers to and from ski lift
There is no set daily schedule. MoaAlm Mountain Retreat understands that every guest and every day is different. The benefit of small groups is that you can adapt, discuss, and personalize each day. Some will prefer to ski in the resort most days and take the opportunity to try something new on one day. Others in the same week will choose the daily guided activities of snowshoe hiking or cross country skiing.
An example schedule may be:
Arrival to your mountain home from home, MoaAlm. Welcome drink and a chat over dinner about your weekly activity preferences.
Morning yoga class looking out at the sunrise from behind the mountains before breakfast, followed by a snowshoe hike from MoaAlm to a mountain hut. Time to relax back at the house in the late afternoon before dinner is served.
Today could look like you having breakfast followed by a fresh powder run down to the chair lift of the GG-resort. There could be a day cruising on the pistes or maybe an apres ski drink in the village before being driven back up to MoaAlm for late afternoon cake and a soak in the hot tub.
There could be poor visibility up high so you will head down the valley and take a winter hike trail through the trees. There will be an early evening toboggan followed by a restorative yoga session.
There will be no alternative activity today so you can head to the piste for a day, take the snowshoes out on one of the marked trails or improve your cross country ski technique. Dinner out this evening will be at one of the restaurants in the village.
If you’ve never tried cross-country skiing before, then take the opportunity to join a beginner’s cross country ski group guaranteed to make you laugh out loud! Dinner will be at the house in the evening.
Friday comes around all too quickly but you make the most of it with a stunning snow shoe hike to the base of Austria`s highest mountain, Grossglockner. Final evening meal at the house with new friends!
This will be your departure day.
About This Event
In January 2018, MoaAlm Mountain Retreat was featured by The Guardian newspaper as one of the best retreats in the world for mind, body, and spirit breaks. Join us for an extraordinary winter holiday. Whether you would like to be on the ski slopes every day, improve your yoga practice, or snow shoe through beautiful forest trails, there is something here for everyone. Delicious plant based meals and an amazing mountain location.
Enjoy A Unique Winter Alpine Experience
- 7 x Overnight stay in stunning mountain retreat (including wifi, bed linen and towels)
- 7 x Breakfast
- 7 x afternoon tea with cake
- 6 x 3-course plant based dinner with wine (transfer to/from restaurant on evening out)
- 5 x Guided alternative activity (including snow shoeing, sledging and cross country skiing equipment)
- 5 x (Morning) yoga class
- 5 x Evening inversion practice
- Daily transfer to/from ski lift if required
- Transfer from/to Kals/Lienz train or bus station for those travelling by plane, train and/or bus
- Tourist tax
- 3 wood fired chemical-free hot-tubs
- Did we mention the breath-taking scenery of the Alps?
What's Not IncludedTravel to Kals/Lienz
Lift pass if required
Ski/snowboard equipment rental if required
Venue HighlightsStunning Alpine Location
Panoramic Yoga studio
Delicious Plant Based Food
Wood fired Hot Tub
Exciting Guided Winter Activities
AccommodationsWe have six spacious bedroom with en-suite bathrooms, four are South facing with balconies and stunning views over the remote Kals valley.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOur meals are plant-based, mostly organic and as local as possible. If you have dietary requirements feel free to tell us and we will do our best to make it possible.
DirectionsMoaAlm is located in a remote part of the Austrian Alps. Depending on your means of transportation we will meet you in/at MoaAlm, Kals (our village, 5 minutes drive to MoaAlm), Huben in Osttirol (a nearby village with a bus stop, 20 minutes drive to MoaAlm), or Lienz (the capital of East Tirol, 30 minutes drive to MoaAlm).
In winter you will leave your vehicle at the small parking area just past the final fork. We will drive you the last 2 miles up the local 'Rodel Bahn' (sledging track) also known as our driveway.
The nearest airports are Klagenfurt, Salzburg and Innsbruck. Our guests have also flown into Munich and Ljubljana. If you fly into these latter two we advise that you rent a car for transfer to MoaAlm. There are 3 ways to get from the airport to MoaAlm:
1. Public transport: you can travel by train and/or bus from Innsbruck and Salzburg to Lienz or Huben in Osttirol by public transportation. From Innsbruck main train station there is a direct bus to Lienz four times per day (check-out www. vvt. at). We will pick you up in Lienz or Huben in Osttirol. This is often the cheapest but most time-consuming option. Public transportation in Austria is very reliable and the platforms and directions are clearly indicated. Check-out www. oebb. at for up to date timetables and prices or contact us if you need any help sorting out your options!
2. We offer a group transfer each Saturday at 15:00 from Salzburg airport. The cost is €40 pp each way.
3. Car rental: You can also rent a car and drive yourself. This option allows you to explore on your way here. For example, you could skip the Felbertauern tunnel and take the Grossglockner Hoch Alpin Strasse into Osttirol - a stunning mountain road with amazing views. Car rental starts at 140EUR per week. Please check-out rentalcars dot com for more info.
If you don't like flying or driving yourself it might be a good idea to take a train all the way to Austria. The land links in Austria are very reliable and you can find out details of options and prices at oebb dot at - make sure you type 'Lienz in Osttirol' or 'Huben in Osttirol' as your destinations.