Yoga & Hiking Retreats in beautiful Spain
- 2020 retreat dates: March 26‐31, April 23‐28, October 8‐13 & October 22‐27
- 5 nights at a 300 year old Olive farm set in rural tranquility but close enough to take a wander to the sea
- Twice daily yoga sessions with seasoned, experienced teachers
- Guided hikes in the countryside & the nearby stunning mountains
- Meditation workshop where we'll experience different styles of meditation .. find what suits you best
- Delicious seasonal plant based food to help you glow from the inside out
- Time to .... relax in the sun by the pool, head to the beach, take a 'guilt free' midday snooze and explore the very pretty town of Altea nearby
- Airport Transfer service from/to Alicante available at selected times
- If coming on your own you'll have your own ensuite double room as we never expect our solo guests to share. Own double room has a simple supplement of only £75 for your entire stay
- A retreat programme that's been created with much love & care
ScheduleIn this 5 night/6 day adventure you will experience the beaches & mountains of Spain like a local. Mornings & afternoons are spent practicing yoga and the days are spent exploring and relaxing. There'll be two guided hikes; one in the beautiful countryside nearby and another in the much loved Alicante mountains. There'll be time for a 3rd self guided walk along the coast to our neighbouring town or perhaps you'd like to join the optional bike ride, cookery masterclass or book some wonderful therapies?
This balanced adventure allows you to simply be present & still in nature, to explore nearby and yet get the rest & recovery needed from daily life.
About This Event
Yoga and Hiking are the perfect combination! Whilst hiking is great for the heart and lungs it’ can create muscle tightness and fatigue. But, with the help of twice daily yoga, you flexibility & strength will improve, you'll increase your mobility, rest & realign your body and improve respiration with deep yogic breathing. Hence the gaps left by hiking are perfectly balanced by yoga. Perfect!
"Thank you SO much for an incredibly fun, relaxing and insightful week. It was exactly what I needed and I couldn't have done it without you!" Louise
- 5 nights accommodation in rural tranquility. All rooms are spacious with twin or double bed and a well equipped ensuite bathroom. Unless you're bringing a friend to share with, you'll be given your own double ensuite room with a small supplement of £75 for the week
- Herbal teas & fruits each morning to help you slowly awaken
- Daily buffet breakfast/brunch after morning yoga
- Three course plant based suppers using locally sourced seasonal produce on all but 2 eves
- 4x carefully curated morning yoga classes suitable for keen beginners & the super flexi yogi
- 4x 90min evening yoga sessions with seasoned teachers
- Meditation workshop on Sunday eve after our mountain hike
- Guided 14km 'easy' coast & country hike on your first morning
- Guided 10.5km 'moderate to strenuous in places' mountain hike with picnic
- Maps for a 3rd self guided 12km coastal hike
- Unlimited hydrating herbal teas
- Option to join activities exclusively for our guests: guided bike ride, cookery masterclass & gorgeous wellbeing therapies
- Services of an experienced Retreat Host to ensure everything is taken care of & you don't have to lift a finger ... we're quite serious about this!
What's Not IncludedAirfare to Alicante airport
Airport Transfers (ask us for details)
Lunches .. though our buffet brunch is rather filling!
Any additional drinks & snacks you order throughout your stay
Guided bike ride, cookery workshop & therapies .. reasonably priced from €30
Venue HighlightsBeautiful 300 year old Olive farm that's been owned by the same local Spanish family for the entire time. The current generation of owners renovated the farm into a tranquil & traditional country house hotel with 20 spacious double rooms, a pool in the garden, small gym & sauna and onsite restaurant.
The hotel sits at a the very spot where the countryside meets the edge of town & so we have far reaching peaceful views to the mountains & sea and yet, we're just a 10 minute easy walk to the nearby town of Altea & 25mins to the sea.
AccommodationsThe hotel has 20 spacious, superbly equipped rooms with either a double or twin beds. Each room is equipped with hot/cold air-conditioning, WiFi, safety deposit, a small fridge, TV and a daily maid service to keep everything fresh & sparkling. Every room has private ensuite bathroom with hairdryer, lovely fluffy bathrobes, plump towels and Oliva del Mediterraneo complimentary toiletries. If coming on your own you'll be given your own ensuite double room for a simple supplement of £75 for the retreat .. unless you'd like to bring & share with a friend?
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Fitness Center
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOur aim is to nourish you with meals that are plant based though locally caught fresh fish is an option some eves for those that would like it. As you’ll be pretty active with yoga & hiking, we make sure you are adequately nourished to ensure you have the energy to do all the things you love.
Breakfasts are buffet style with wholesome cereals, egg dishes, Spanish cold cuts & local cheeses, yogurts (inc. dairy free), fresh fruits, juices, sun kissed tomatoes & avocados, selection of breads, breakfast cake, infusions & teas. Gluten & dairy free dishes are available too with advance notice.
We take supper ‘at home’ on all but two eves where Chef loves to prepare super tasty 3-course suppers including a healthy dessert … after all, you have been working very hard with all this yoga & hiking! There are 2 eves where your taste buds will be free to explore local dining .. its a great way to immerse yourself in a new culture .. and we’ll organise a meal out on one of these free eves too should you like to join us.
DirectionsAlicante airport is an hour away by road. We offer a private airport transfer service at selected times and can give details of a local shuttle bus service should your flight not marry with our transfer times.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
AtelTrainer's Transcendental Spiritual Healing Center – Hortunas Valencian Community Spain Hortunas Valencian Community SpainJun 28 - Aug 9, 2020 (43 days)
AtelTrainer's Transcendental Spiritual Healing Center – Hortunas Valencian Community Spain Hortunas Valencian Community SpainApr 9 - 13, 2020 (5 days)