40 HOUR YIN AND YOGA NIDRA TEACHER TRAINING
- THIS PROGRAM IS INTERNATIONALLY ACCREDITED
- This program can be used as continuing education credits for those who already have their 200 Hour Yoga Certificate through the International Yoga Alliance.
- DURING YOUR PROGRAM YOU WILL STUDY
- Yin Yoga History
- What is Yin Yoga
- The 4 Tattvas of Yin Yoga
- Yin Yoga Postures
- Yin Yoga Anatomy
- The Eight Limbs of Yoga
- Powerful Teaching
- The 5 Human Emotions
- Activities to Overcome Emotional Imbalance
- Yin Yoga Safety
- Implementing The Elements Into Asana
- Yin Yoga Sequences
- Yin Yoga Anatomy
- Yoga Nidra
- The science of Yoga Nidra (neuroplasticity & nervous system regulation
- The stages of Yoga Nidra
- Understanding the Kosha’a (5 subtle bodies)
- Creating Sankalpa
- Yoga Nidra as a meditative practice
- Developing scripts and finding your voice
- Therapeutic Applications of Yoga Nidra
- Intentions and Visualization and how this shapes the practice
- Neuroscience perspectives
- Yoga nidra traditions
- Your Yoga Nidra manual and Yoga Nidra Script Cards
- Modern variations of Yoga Nidra
- Hypnosis concepts
- Understanding your clients’ needs
- Yoga nidra for general audiences
- Yoga nidra for special populations
- Developing your own long and short Yoga Nidra scripts
- Props and classroom settings
- Practice putting learned skills into action
- Developing a home yoga nidra practice; this includes MP3 Downloads for personal practice
- How to tailoring Yoga Nidra for specific individuals and groups — including hospice, first responders, nurses, pre-natal and many more
- How to develop one on one sessions
- Ongoing support from the MSYI Founders
- The historical, biological and psychological foundations of Yoga Nidra
- Current research on the therapeutic impact of Yoga Nidra
- Yoga Nidra combines the power of biofeedback, visualization, meditation and energetic healing. The extensive healing and therapeutic impact of Yoga Nidra has been widely accepted by health professionals and has been adopted in many hospital settings and integrative medical services across North America.
ScheduleMorning Meditation (beach)
Lunch with assignment @ beach
Practice Teaching, followed by snack and group work, Sunset Journal, Candlelight Asana Class, Dinner and bed
About This Event
BECOME A YIN AND YOGA NIDRA YOGA TEACHER
Or Join as a Retreat Participant and Enjoy All Classes!
Join me for your Yin and Yoga Nidra Yoga Teacher Training! Experience the benefit of Yin Philosophy including the study of the Meridians from Traditional Chinese Medicine, and learn the healing western science behind the 11 stages of Yoga Nidra.
THIS PROGRAM IS FOR
Teachers whom already have their 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certificate. If you are interested in attending only the retreat portion - no experience is necessary.
I went to teacher training not wanting to be a teacher, but to further my practice. I had no idea what to expect. I was expecting asana practice. A lot of it. And with two hours of practice every day, I definitely got it. But there was SO much more.
- Meal and Accommodation Package $399 usd
- Includes your shared accommodations; single available upon request and for an additional fee
- 3 healthy gluten and dairy free meals per day
- unlimited organic coffee and tea
- A delicious fresh smoothie for snack each afternoon
What's Not IncludedAirfare and Additional Activities
Venue HighlightsOur Town Shala is located in the heart of Playa Negra, Guanacaste, between Jalepenos Restaurant and Cafe Playa Negra, across from Lula's Shop and Tours.
We offer drop in yoga classes, meditation, chanting and barre classes.
This location offers a comfortable, insect free experience, with an insulated structure with AC, and an on-site washroom.
Need to shower after class? No problem - as a student of Playa Negra Yoga, you have access to the outdoor shower and swimming pool at Cafe Playa Negra, right next door!
Our Aerial Shala is located just behind our town shala. We have created a 21 foot tall, open steel (very strong) structure that can host 12 yoga silks.
Yoga silks, plus single or double rigging options are available.
AccommodationsOur retreat guests can choose to stay at our Hotel Accommodations at Cafe Playa Negra, right next door to our town studio, and within a few minutes walking distance to the beautiful beach of Playa Negra.
At Cafe Playa Negra you will enjoy your own private hotel room, equipped with a mini fridge, safe, and bathroom with hot water. Enjoy the use of the terrace and pool 24 hours a day.
The cafe has wifi, and amazing menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
Are you looking for your own private home with a full kitchen, private bedroom(s), full bathroom with hot water, wifi and safe?
Through Playa Negra Yoga, you can book a private Villa, located conveniently behind our town studio location, only minutes walking distance from the beautiful beach!
Located in the heart of town, you can choose to equip your Villa with groceries for days you wish to cook at home, or take a walk to one of the many great restaurants.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space