St Knut Retreat- January 2020
- To kick off your retreat we invite you to our special Knut´s dinner on your first evening. We think it is a perfect opportunity to end the festive season and look towards a New Year with hope and anticipation for change.
- During this retreat we will look at practical ways to include self care and gratitude into out lives such as journal writing, decluttering, social media detox. We will look at how our thoughts affect the way we live and how to take back control of them.
- There is plenty of yoga practice in this retreat from energetic Hatha Vinyasa practice to deeply relaxing yoga Nidra or "yogic sleep " which works on releasing long-held emotions and tension. You will also have the amazing opportunity to have a session of Thai massage with our incredible teacher Mara.
- We have also included in this retreat a full day excursion to the nearby town of Ronda. During the morning we will lead the group on a fascinating walk. Starting in San Francisco barrio the walk takes you down into the Guadalavin valley, briefly up to one of the ancient Arab accesses to Ronda then along the valley through farmland and with impressive views of Ronda houses clinging to the cliff. We end up at the north end of Ronda and go along the top of the cliffs towards the Puente Nuevo and then a stroll through the old town past most of the important monuments, arriving at the 13th century Arab baths we will visit the immaculately restored site said to be the best in Spain.
- Lunch will also be included at a nearby restaurant and to round off the day we include a 120 minute spa circuit in the modern version of the ancient arab baths- Aguas de Ronda.
- You will leave armed, prepared, restored and revitalised to take on a New Year.
ScheduleFrom 8 am Daily sunrise gentle stretching and mindful walk.
10 am- breakfast
11.30 energising Hatha Vinyasa Yoga
1.30 3 course lunch banquet
3.30- 7.30 Thai massage with Mara / Relaxing massage with Sonia-
7.30-8.30 light supper
8.30-9.30 restorative yoga and meditation session
Day excursion to Ronda-guided walk, a visit to Arab baths, lunch and Spa circuit
Yoga and Pilates
Massage and Beauty treatments.
Cooking classes and innovative primarily plant based food.
Self care workshops
Night time calming rituals
About This Event
This retreat will teach you to embrace 2020 with open arms and an open heart.
Tjugondag Knut ("Twentieth Day Knut") is a traditional festival celebrated in Sweden and Finland on 13 January. At Hotel Los Castaños it has become somewhat of a tradition to extend festivities past the twelfth day and celebrate Swedish style on the 13th of January.
Christmas trees are taken down on Tjugondag jul, and the candies and cookies that decorated the tree are eaten. In Sweden, the feast held during this event is called a Knut's party (Julgransplundring, literally "Christmas tree plundering") and there is dancing involved!
The retreat program is designed to help us set intentions for the coming year and the activities are intended to teach and enforce the importance of resilience and to help you find your purpose.
Our holistic approach includes mindfulness and meditation, physical activities- yoga, pilates, walking in nature, gym circuits, healthy - but always delicious and innovative- plant based nutrition, creative and inspirational workshops with professional therapists and guest speakers as well as pampering beauty treatments and indulgent massage. Our retreats are designed to always be inclusive- all bodies of all ages and abilities are welcome! The same goes for dietary requirements.
We have curated experiences and treatments to help you relax, restore and renew and created beautiful spaces for you to rest, recover and reflect.
- 4 nights stay in a luxurious, super comfortable ensuite room.
- First night St Knut celebration dinner - including some special gifts to help you enjoy your retreat.
- Morning and evening stretching and meditation rituals and mindful walking in nature
- Breakfast -sumptuous breakfast buffet, lunch -delicious 3-course vegetarian lunch and supper - light but satisfying supper to aid a good night´s sleep. All drinks and snacks
- Ayurvedic cooking class- led by your hostess Di- award-winning hotelier, author, world traveller and outstanding cook.
- Day excursion to the historic town of Ronda- including a guided walk, a visit to the 13th century Arab baths, 3 course set lunch and a 120 minute spa circuit at the Aquas de Ronda hammam.
- Group workshop exploring the practice of journal keeping and ways of making gratitude a real and effective part of our lives
- Guided walks or hikes in the local area- from gentle walks through chestnut forest to the fascinating limestone crags of "Los Riscos"
- We include one relaxing massage per guest in your retreat.
- Yoga and Pilates- min 3 group sessions
- Gym circuit- small but varied circuit with qualified monitor in our local gym.
- Use of hotel´s infra-red sauna as well as all other amenities
- Hand picked farewell gift bag to remember your stay!
What's Not IncludedFLIGHTS
TRANSFERS/TRANSPORTATION (But ask if you need help arranging)
TRAVEL INSURANCE WHICH IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED IN CASE OF LAST MINUTE NEED TO CANCEL
Venue HighlightsAcclaimed boutique venue at Hotel Los Castaños.
Fantastic facilities and accommodation
Wonderful team of experienced professionals
Fantastic peaceful hidden paradise location in the mountains.
Innovative primarily plant based food
AccommodationsYour haven during your retreat will be one of the 6 fabulous, spacious rooms at Hotel Los Castaños.
Each is slightly different but all with fabulous views, air-con/heating, ensuite bathrooms, large super comfy beds and seating areas.
Should you choose to have one of these rooms to yourself on your retreat it will provide you with the perfect balance between luxury and comfort, homeliness and extravagance.
You can choose either single or double occupancy.
When choosing double occupancy you must select and book for 2 guests.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Fitness Center
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineAs well as hosting your cooking class Di has designed a perfectly nutritious and delicious menu for your stay. Plant- based, local, and organic where possible, the food will be one of the delights of your stay. Di is a surprisingly modest chef considering she has been awarded Best Inland Hotel by the Gastronomic Academy of Malaga and one look at her trip advisor reviews leave little doubt as to her skills.
DirectionsStep 1: Fly to Málaga, Gibraltar, Sevilla, or Jerez
EasyJet – RyanAir – First Choice – Jet2 – FlyBe – Aer Lingus
Step 2: Rent a Car or Catch a Cab or a Bus
We are about 90 minutes from Málaga airport. We can arrange car rental or send a local taxi. There is also a bus service Monday, Wednesday and Friday leaving Ronda at 2 pm. It costs 3 euros and takes about an hour.