Silent Meditation Retreat in Assisi, Italy
- A Silent Retreat includes:
- 7 overnight stays, food and lodging
- Individual Guidance & Feedback
- Morning session with "Meditative Movements"
- Morning Sitting/Walking Meditation
- 4 guided visits to Assisi´s Sacred Places
- 3 guided “Camino-Walks” (1½ hour) in the national protected Parco del Monte Subasio
- 1 afternoon with free time in the Center
- 1 afternoon with possibility to visit Assisi on your own
- Meditation Concert with Singing Bowls & Sitar
- One of the retreat leaders is always present during all sessions
- Maximum 5 participants
- Each Retreat happens, regardless amount of participants
ScheduleThe Daily Routine
07:45 - 08:30: Meditative Movements
08:30 - 09:00: Breakfast (individually), in silence
10:00 - 11:00: Sitting/Walking Meditation
11:00 - 11:20: Break, in silence
11:20 - 12:30: Free time in the Center
12:30 - 13:00: Lunch, in silence
13:00 - 15:00: Free time in the Center
15:00 - 15:20: Break, in silence
15:20 - 16:00: Possibility for Sharing
16:00 - 18:30: Visit to Assisi´s Sacred Places
19:00 - 20:00: Dinner, in silence
• All meditations, tea breaks, meals & visits to Assisi happen in silence. But we do communicate practical informations in a natural way, so daily life can happen smoothly. However, during the whole week we refrain from conversations and smalltalk.
• Breakfast is taken individually.
• Each afternoon session gives the possibility for sharing. For more profound personal guidance outside the group simple advice can be given at any time or a session with Mayadevi (90 minutes) can be booked.
• For the visits to Assisi´s Sacred Places we will accompany you to the entrance of the monasteries whereafter you can visit the sites in your own space and at your own pace.
About This Event
During a Silent Retreat we enjoy the Simplicity of Being, connect to the nature and its overwhelming silence, visit the sacred places around Assisi.
Being present, where Heaven and Earth meet,
… where life unfolds itself,
… where being is enough,
… being with all as it is,
… being moved by the flow of life,
… in resonance with the pulse of life.
A Silent Retreat helps you to make the shift as expressed in the saying: “Remember you´re a human being, not a human doing”...
The Silent Retreat Center in Assisi offers once a month (May-Sept) a one week silent retreat.
It is also possible to come for an Individual Stay.
More information on our website.
Because you have the right to remain silent !
- The Retreat Programme
- Transport from/to Perugia´s busstation or Assisi trainstation upon arrival & departure
- 3 vegetarian meals
- 2 tea/coffee breaks
What's Not Included• Flight to Rome
• Your transport from Rome to Assisi
Venue Highlights• Our Retreat Center is situated in the midst of nature, though only a 12 minutes drive from Assisi
• Assisi is a magical Energyfield, visited yearly by more than four million pilgrims.
• We visit every day one of Assisi´s Sacred places
• We keep the silence throughout the whole retreat.
AccommodationsThe groundfloor of our house is our home where the both of us live all year ´round. We love being here, enjoy each other´s company and the daily work in and around the house.
Then - when you arrive as our guest - we open up the first floor which is reserved for our retreat guests and our home transforms into a center:
two double bedrooms, one single room, shared guests bathroom and the meditation/music room.
Then outside the terraces, the olive grove and the garden with different cosy corners, depending if one wants to sit in the sun or shadow…
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
Menu/CuisineVegetarian food with local organic ingredients
DirectionsArriving in Rome airport FCO, you can travel by bus from the airport straight to Perugia, where we pick you up. The bus ticket costs 22€.
Travel time from the airport to our center: approx. 4½ hours
From our website you can download our detailed guide on how and where to take the bus.
Rest room in Rome airport
As you might have a bit of time in Rome Airport FCO before the bus departure, there´s the HelloSky lounge in the airport, where you can rent a room or shower service per hour. If you intend to do so, best to book in advance.
Shuttle direct to our Center
Another possibility is to order a private shuttle from the airport straight to our center, travel time approx. 2½ hours, price 280€.
Try to fix departure from Rome airport FCO earliest at 12:00.
If departure earlier in the morning, we recommend to leave from Assisi the evening before and to stay in one of the airport hotels (not in the center of Rome).
Let us know which travel times suit you, then we can assist you in choosing the most convenient transportation from & to the airport.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due 14 days before the retreat start date.
The remaining balance is non-refundable once paid.
Get full details...