Rest and Digest: Optimize Your Immunity and Resilience through Ayurvedic Self-Care
- The Rest and Digest Ayurveda Retreat At A Glance...
- Cultivate Resilience
- While you can’t eliminate all the stressors in your life, you CAN change how you respond to them, gain the tools to find more balance within, keep your nervous system balanced, and your spirit resilient
- Optimize Digestion
- We’ll explore your intricate digestive system and its influence on your body and the foods you eat. We’ll uncover the essentials to priming your digestive fire, while healing this delicate system whenever imbalance arises
- Boost and Calm Immunity
- The seat of your immunity resides in your digestive tract. It’s intertwined with your microbiome and the gut brain connection. We’ll explore the delicate balance between a protective immune system versus an inflammatory, overactive one and help you dive deep into understanding what steps you can take to find balance through the principles of rest and digest
- Ayurvedic Self Care Immersion
- All week long, you’ll learn tools, techniques, theory, and how to apply the Ayurvedic principles of daily self-care. Learn the how and why of your natural rhythms so you can take it all home with you
- Understand Ayurvedic Whole Food Nutrition
- Gain clarity on the principles self-nourishment and your unique constitution through the lens of Ayurveda. As your body changes, so do your needs. Learn how to identify and support these changes as you age
- Follow Through With Patience and Persistence
- Your health is your greatest asset. In order to heal, you must cultivate patience and persistence for the long haul. Rebalancing the body is an inside job that requires the support of your entire hormonal system. You’ll unlock the power that’s within you to heal for good
- Rest and Digest
- Truly rest and digest in retreat with us, passionate educators and practitioners and your fellow retreaters around the globe. Fill your cup and give yourself the gift of an amazingly restful, meaningful, and playful retreat. This is your opportunity to give back to yourself, your body, and your spirit
ScheduleWe'll start most days connecting with nature, our breath, and our bodies.
Morning yoga classes will lead to delicious, Ayurveda-infused breakfasts overlooking the ocean.
After taking the time to digest our meal, we'll gather for Ayurvedic learning.
Later in the day, we'll leave ample time and space to rest, digest, and apply the principles of Ayurveda that we teach you to your body, mind, and spirit.
Throughout the week, you'll be immersed in guided meditations, Ayurvedic cooking, Ayurvedic body care treatments, and Ayurvedic self-care practices that will transform your health.
About This Event
Reconnect To Your Radiance: Join the Rest & Digest Ayurveda Retreat!
Are you ready to fill up your cup? We’ve seen so many people (including ourselves) completely transform their lives when they commit to Ayurveda as a healing path. But we know how easy it is to get off track.
You start out hopeful and enthusiastic, but eventually, find yourself skipping self-care and eating anything that’s around simply because you don’t have time. Or maybe you’re unsure about how to apply Ayurveda to your life. Or maybe life gets in the way and you find yourself falling back into harmful habits that you know don’t serve you. We know how easy it is to feel fatigued, low on energy, and burned out.
You know Ayurveda is the path you want to follow.
There’s only one problem…
It’s hard to do it on your own.
Sometimes you need to set aside time that’s just for YOU.
We’ve created an Ayurveda retreat experience for you. So you can reconnect to your radiance, optimize your immunity, and build long-term resilience through Ayurveda’s principles of health, nourishment, and self-care.
You’ll deepen understanding of your body through the lens of Ayurveda and receive essential tools for resilience and thriving in these stressful times.
Together we’ll deep dive into Ayurveda guideposts that support the healing of your digestion and entire hormonal system with the wisdom of the ages.
For an entire week, we’ll deliver ancient teachings in modern form – that will relieve stress and support every area of your life, especially your health.
In an age of acceleration, nothing can be more exhilarating than going slow. And in an age of distraction, nothing is so luxurious as paying attention. And in an age of constant movement, nothing is so urgent as sitting still. - Pico Iyer
- The Rest & Digest Ayurveda Retreat takes place in the peaceful atmosphere of Mar de Jade, a healing retreat center nestled between the natural beauty of the tropical jungle and the pristine sandy beaches of Chacala, Mexico.
- We chose this unique and luxurious location because it offers lovingly prepared food, with attention to using fresh and healthy ingredients, mainly from their 17-acre organic farm.
- Chacala is one of the most beautiful and tranquil beaches on the lush coastline known as Riviera Nayarit.
- The yoga & retreat studios have hardwood floors and offer inspiring ocean views, fresh breezes, and natural light.
- Accommodations at Mar De Jade resort include lodging, 3 amazing farm fresh meals daily, beach access, and use of a pool, hot tub, and sauna facilities.
- What makes Mar de Jade extraordinary is its humanitarian mission. It supports a private Montessori/Waldorf school for local children, an organic farm, and job training for local young people. The farm supplies the resort with fresh produce and chicken for the meals.
What's Not IncludedPrices listed are for retreat and accommodations. Airfare, additional activities, and transportation is not included in the cost.
Venue Highlights“Mar de Jade is one of the great undiscovered pleasures of Mexico… A tropical setting that lifts the spirits and fires the imagination.” – San Francisco Chronicle
Take a dip in their large swimming pool, wading pool, or Jacuzzi nestled amidst banana trees, bougainvillea flowers, and palm trees. Watch the sunset over the ocean from a reclining beach chair or take a nap in a hammock under the shade of our thatched-roof palapa. Wander on the paths lining our tropical hotel grounds and visit our herb garden, then step right onto Chacala Beach for swimming, paddle-boarding, or kayaking.
Mar de Jade sits on the shores of Playa Chacala, a small Mexican fishing village with plenty of charm that still retains its quality of life.
Meals at Mar de Jade are a favorite of our guests! Delicious and well balanced buffet-style meals are served three times daily in our open-air dining room overlooking Chacala bay.
Every dish is made daily from scratch using fresh ingredients from their Organic Farm. Their menu is inspired by traditional Mexican cuisine and international flavors, and features vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dishes as well as fresh fish, seafood and, chicken.
Mar de Jade retreat halls are perfect for yoga, meditation, and learning workshops. With hardwood floors, ocean views, and floor to ceiling windows, the halls are airy and filled with natural light.
On the Spa’s ground level amidst an exotic and quiet garden there is a large outdoor Jacuzzi, a cold plunge pool and chaise lounge chairs. On the second level, there are private treatment rooms with gorgeous jungle views where you can feel pampered with a relaxing massage. Therapeutic massage services include a variety of styles: Swedish, deep tissue, Thai-yoga, reflexology, among others. The spa also offers beauty treatments including facials, body wraps, manicures and pedicures.
Stop by La Palapa to enjoy original & delicious cocktails made with fresh ingredients, a selection of wine, and local artisanal beer and spirits. Non alcoholic smoothies, juices, cocktails, and fresh coconuts are also available.
*Drinks from the bar are not included in your room rates.
Explore Chacala’s exuberant natural surroundings and immerse yourself in Mexico’s vibrant culture. Take advantage of the many opportunities for adventure, exploration, and learning available. The front desk staff will be happy to assist in planning your activities and excursions with local guides and co-ops.
In 1989, MDJ Community Projects was established, a non-profit organization which has supported initiatives from health and wellness programs, youth education, to sustainability and micro-industry projects. All projects are powered by the revenue that is made from Mar de Jade, individual donations, and small grants. Over the last three decades, these projects have had an incredibly meaningful impact on the lives of at-risk youth and struggling families in our local communities.
AccommodationsThe Ocean Rooms are decorated with rich textiles and custom made mahogany wood furniture, providing a sense of timeless Mexican elegance. The Ocean Rooms are bright and airy, with floor-to-ceiling glass doors opening onto a private balcony with an Ocean view. Comfortable and well appointed, each room has a sitting area with a futon that can be made into an additional bed. A limited number of two bedroom Ocean View suites are available for larger parties, please inquire. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms with natural bath amenities. Rooms are on high floors and require steps to climb.
Garden rooms, decorated in unique and varying styles, boast a terrace overlooking the lush tropical vegetation.Garden Rooms are either crafted in a Mexican style, with natural rock walls and hand painted mosaics; or with an airy Mediterranean feel with floor-to-ceiling windows that let in plenty of natural light and fresh breeze. Each room has a spacious en-suite bathroom with natural bath amenities. Located on the ground floor, they are easily accessed with either a few steps or a ramp, and are appropriate for anyone with mobility issues.
These large rooms with a loft and 3 to 4 beds are ideal for families or dorm style rooming. Guest Rooms with Loft are a simple yet spacious option for families or 3 to 4 roommates in a dorm configuration. The bottom level has a king bed or two twins and a bathroom; the loft is accessed by a spiral staircase and has two twin beds. Some rooms feature an additional futon bed on the bottom level. Rooms are either facing the gardens or jungle.
- A/C in Rooms
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineDelicious and well balanced buffet-style meals are served three times daily in their open-air dining room overlooking Chacala bay.
Every dish is made daily from scratch using fresh ingredients from their Organic Farm. Their menu is inspired by traditional Mexican cuisine and international flavors, and features vegetarian, vegan, and gluten-free dishes as well as fresh fish, seafood and, chicken. They do not serve red meat or pork.
Throughout the day visit the snack bar at any time to enjoy coffee, tea, fruit, bread, and their stellar homemade organic peanut butter and mango marmalade. You can even purchase a jar to take home with you!
DirectionsWe will help you arrange transportation to and from Puerto Vallarta airport.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
The Yoga Forest – Sololá Department Guatemala Sololá Department GuatemalaAug 1 - 10, 2020 (10 days)