The Joy of Life, a Life of Joy
- Access to multiple practitioners and experiences - choose from massage, Reiki, Sound Healing, Yoga Therapy, Thai Yoga Body Work or Delicious and nutrition vegan, vegetarian and gluten free meals all week
- Experienced facilitators, teachers and healers
- Everything is optional, you can choose to do as much, or as little as you desire
- Learn how to tune into joy, cultivate and sustain joy in your life, and powerful practices to redirect negative energy to find more ease and flow in every aspect of your life
- Empowering workshops designed to inspire your wellness on all levels
- Quiet, secluded retreat center but centrally located to the ocean, city centers for shopping and dining, and cultural exploration
- Fun, sun, rest and relaxation
ScheduleDuring this retreat you will have many nourishing activities to choose from:
Morning yoga and guided meditation to wake you up before the day
Brunch shared family style
Access to wellness and healing services throughout the day including yoga therapy, Reiki, Thai Body Work, private Sound Healing, and Massage
Afternoon workshops designed to inspire and empower our guests
Time for guest excursions including SUP, kayak, Surf, hiking, and more
Dinner shared family-style
- Evening restorative yoga with Sound Bath experience 2 x during the week
About This Event
Join Shae Sterrett for a summer retreat to the beautiful country of Portugal. Escape the hustle and bustle of the everyday and get ready for instant relaxation. Settle into a beautiful private retreat center, surrounded by nature, savor chef-prepared meals all week, and choose from a variety of classes, workshops, and experiences to create the perfect retreat week for you. Activities are available on and off site.
I went on a retreat with Shae and It was literally a life-changing and perspective shattering event. I was able to get away from the demands of my life, relax, explore and do yoga in paradise...I will always be grateful for this experience..." LW
- 6 nights/7 days at private Luxury Eco-Retreat with Accommodations of choice
- Brunch and dinner each day at retreat center
- Delicious, vegan, vegetarian, gluten free meals designed to cleanse and nourish the whole being.
- Access to on site spa
- Access to incredible onsite shala for classes, workshops and healing sessions
- Onsite Sauna
- Onsite Fresh Water pond
- Less than 10 minutes to ocean
- - Discounts on personal wellness experiences including Reiki, Sound Healing, Thai Yoga Body Work and Yoga Therapy
- - Free wi-fi on site in common areas
- - Daily yoga and meditation classes
- - 3 inspiring workshops
- - Concierge service for excursions and body treatments
- - 1 group excursion to Winery for Wine Tour, Tasing and Dinner
What's Not IncludedAirfare - Since our guests travel from all over the world, airfare is not included. We can make recommendations and help with booking if desired.
Travel insurance is not included but highly recommended.
Any meals eaten off-site or personal food purchases (i.e. snacks)
Airport shuttle (airport shuttle can be arranged for a nominal fee)
Personal wellness sessions including massage, body work, Thai Yoga Body Work, Yoga Therapy, Reiki and Sound Healing
Venue HighlightsMonte Velho Retreat center is a quiet sanctuary tucked along the Algarve Coast of Portugal. Take in the sweeping views of the Atlantic Ocean from the retreat center, savor the natural surroundings and quiet that invite you to slow down and relax.
The retreat çenter is less than 10 minutes to the ocean, it also have a fresh water pond for swimming, and ample grounds for walking and exploring.
The retreat center has an onsite spa offering massage and body work.
The retreat center offers vegan and gluten-free, chef-prepared meals
Stunning wellness spaces and shala, designed around sacred geometry
AccommodationsThere are multiple accommodations available and all can be adapted to single or double occupancy. Each room has its own en suite bathroom, with the exception of the 6 person bunk room which has an adjacent bathroom. Each room has comfortable linens and towels, with lots of natural lighting and spaciousness.
Main House - single and double room accommodations, dining and living area, rooms are seperate from each other with en suite bathroom, outdoor lounge area
Ocean House - a luxurious 3 bedroom home with 2 bathrooms, 3 bedrooms, kitchen, living area, area view and pool
Forest House - a two bedroom, private bungalow suite, with common areas - perfect for couples or two friends who want a little more privacy
Tree Suite - a private, one room bungalow suite, with bedroom, bathroom and common area, perfect for a couple or single traveler looking for more privacy
Bunk House - a spacious bunk room with natural lighting and adjscent bathroom, perfect for friends or family members who want to travel together, adults 18+ only
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineMeals provided will be brunch and dinner daily, with the exception of two nights when we will be traveling to Lagos and then to a local Winery for tasting and group dinner.
At the retreat center, here is a sample Menu:
Breakfast/Brunch: Porridge, Fresh Fruit, Homemade Yogurt, Musli, Sourdough Bread, Spreads, Juice or Smoothies
Lunch/Brunch: Pumpkin Soup with Coconut Milk, Salad with Roasted seeds, Curray with Basmati Rice, Chocolate Mousse with Fresh Fruit
Dinner: Saled or soup, veggies, salsa, hummus, hemp seeds tabuleh, fruit
DirectionsAll transportation arrangements will be confirmed and organized prior to your arrival. There are two airports to fly into:
Faro, about 1 1/2 hours away
Lisbon, about 3 1/2 hours away
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Private Accommodation in the Western Algarve – Faro District Portugal Faro District Portugal4 Nights