Cuban Yoga & Cultural Immersion Retreat
- Exploring the culture and different cities & towns of Cuba will be a huge part of this retreat week! Each day will be paired with an activity or excursion to experience authentic Cuba and it’s offerings. Learn to Salsa dance with a professional Cuban dance team included in the first days of the retreat! We will discover the city of Havana, what it is and the history of what it was, riding around in vintage convertibles to see it all. You’ll have the chance to explore the city, shop and admire its rich cultural taste with a group outing for lunch at the Paladar. Of course it wouldn’t be a trip to Havana without a sunset visit to the Malecon, which walls the entire city of Havana overlooking the ocean.
- This retreat also includes an overnight trip to Vinales, which are the organic farmlands of Cuba, to get a true taste of Cuba’s organic food movement! We’ll horseback ride through the farms, connect with local farmers and roll our own Cuban cigars! We'll practice yoga on the mountain top overlooking all of Vinales for sunrise. In Vinales, you’ll have your own bed, breakfast, dinner with a Cuban family and we’ll practice evening & morning Yoga.
- We will gather on the Yoga shala twice a day to practice Yoga, meditation and connection to Self, spirit. Hatha, Vinyasa, Restorative and Yin classes tailored to all levels will be offered by our team of Lotus Retreats teachers.
- In collaboration with the Cuban Yoga community, we will share a few classes with Eduardo Pimentel, the father of Yoga in Cuba, to learn about the history of Yoga in Cuba and have the opportunity to practice Yoga with Eduardo and his students.
- This Yoga retreat and practice extends far off the mat! Our mission of practicing poses, breath and mindfulness on the mat, is to take this awareness and spread it beyond just the yoga shala. Daily intentions, mantras and offerings will be encouraged to support your Yoga practice on & off the mat.
About This Event
Have you ever wanted to experience the true cultural offerings of Cuba? Now you can during our uniquely designed retreat week in collaboration with the Mhai Yoga Cuban Yoga Association of Cuba! Approved by the Support of the Cuban people, this yoga-retreat offers you private activities and accommodations intended to support local Cuban communities and family owned restaurants, home-stays and an immersion with the Cuban Yoga community!
Join Lotus Retreats for 8-days and 7-nights of exploration through yoga, immersion with the Cuban Yoga community, cultural trips to Havana and Vinales and an unforgettable heart-opening experience to connect with Cuba, the people, and a simplified way of life.
Retreat to Cuba’s first Yoga retreat center on the beaches just outside of Havana. Retreat yourself in the warm Cuban sun in a peaceful, secluded atmosphere perfect for relaxation and rejuvenation. Our retreat center is located only 15 minutes outside of Havana, affording you the opportunity to explore the city during the day or night, soak up the private-beach sun during the day, salsa throughout the night, and always have a peaceful space to come back to.
You'll be given the opportunity to participate in several cultural offerings but also the time to sit back and relax, completely designing the retreat week you desire.
This Cuba Retreat week provides an authentic experience to connect with the true island lifestyle. The island culture, organic food movement and white-sand beaches are a few reasons you may never want to leave Cuba, but what will end up capturing your heart is the people.
The lesson to take from Cuba, is that of happiness with the present moment. You will see, even though they don’t have much, the Cuban people are always laughing, dancing, making the most of every situation, and hopefully after a week retreat to Cuba, you will too!
- Accommodations: 8 Days & 7 Nights
- Food: 3 Meals a day (pescatarian, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options available)
- Drinks: Daily juices, coffee & tea
- Welcome Ceremony: Opening & intention setting ceremony
- Daily Yoga Classes: Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin and Restorative practices tailored to all levels
- Workshops: Daily workshops, pranayama (breath-work), meditation and various workshops themes
- Salsa Lesson: Professional salsa lesson with Havana's own Cuban salsa team!
- Day trip to Havana: Day trip to Havana in convertibles with a group lunch in the city
- Overnight in Vinales: Overnight accommodations, transportation, food, horseback riding and excursions in Vinales farmlands
- Retreat Goodie Bag: Lotus Retreats goodie bag with Yoga clothing, accessories and items from retreat sponsors!
- Closing Ceremony: Closing cacao ceremony
What's Not IncludedAirfare: Roundtrip flights to Havana are ~$300-$500
Airport Transfers: Taxi to the retreat center is ~$35 USD, up to 4 people
Cuban Visa: ~$50 purchased directly through your airline or at the gate
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineNourish your soul with local handcrafted meals lovingly prepared by a team of friendly, family staff. Mealtimes are a huge part of our retreat experience and Cuba offers all organic, hand prepared and nourishing meals for us to enjoy. Each meal is prepared with local foods that the staff purchases within the same day. The kitchen staff is so loving and caring during mealtimes that they’re always present and preparing special dishes for our groups.
All meals are organic with pescatarian, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options.
DirectionsTravel to and from Cuba has become much easier!
Several airlines like United, Delta, Southwest and JetBlue fly direct to Havana Airport.
For travelers departing from the United States, US airlines now offer the option to buy the Cuban tourist visa on the day of departure at the check-in counter or at the departure gate. Check the confirmation email from your airline to confirm this, as their policies are subject to change. Please allow some extra time at check-in if you plan to buy the Cuban tourist visa on your date of departure.
We will provide each retreat guest with an approved document for visiting Cuba. Your travel is legally authorized as an educational people-to-people tour in "support of the Cuban people" and partners with only private companies, nothing government ran.
Once you arrive in Cuba, we will have organized transportation to pick you up and take you directly to the retreat center!
We will also create a Facebook group and shared google document for all attending guests to arrange transportation to the resort prior to the retreat start.
No vaccinations are required to enter Cuba.
Detailed travel instructions and guidance will be included in your confirmation emails after booking!
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Yalorde Yoga Retreats – Havana Havana Cuba Havana Havana CubaDec 27, 2020 - Jan 2, 2021 (7 days)