Fast Mimicking Detox Retreat
About This Event
Fasting Mimicking Detox
Heartwood Healing Continuum has adopted the product called Prolon as our fast mimicking detox program as there is al ot of research connected with this product and it is very convenient to use.
Prolon is a program that includes soups, snack bars, crackers and drinks that can be consumed over 5 days in order to follow the Fast Mimicking Detox (FMD) as designed by the researchers. This program consists of fairly conventional food, supplements and teas.
Benefits of the Fasting Mimicking Detox
Enhance the body’s ability to:
Enter into a protective and stress resistant mode
Trigger autophagy for the clean-up of old and damaged cells
Activate and increase in circulating stem cells for cellular rejuvenation
Feel greater focus, clarity and energy, through the benefits of a leaner body.
Stem cell-proliferation continues for up to 5 days after you complete the 5 day detox and return to your regular healthy meal plan.
Your retreat includes
Your 5 day Prolon Kit, each day’s food comes in its own separate box to make it easy.
Also included in the cost of your retreat are the following options:
1) one nutritional consultation with Dr Hall in person or via Skype depending on where the doctor is working during that particular retreat.
2) one Bach Flower Remedy consultation (emotional support) and 30ML customized blend prepared by Venerable Pannavati.
3) one massage (or body work protocol), or Reiki or other energy healing session provided by one of the on staff practitioners
4) daily vitals including fasting blood sugar reading
Self-Applied Health Enhancement Methods Included in Your Retreat
6) instruction and 30 minutes daily of meditation w/MUSE bio-feedback system
7) daily 45 minutes yoga or qigong (with audio or video instruction)
8) daily 30-45 minute full spectrum infrared treatment
9) daily soft exercise program with bands, light weights, bicycle, walking, elliptical machine, stair master, trampoline
10) daily sound and light therapies
11) daily Bemer micro-circulatory protocol
12) complementary copy of Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Workbook, by Bob Stahl, with exercises to complete
13) CD library and online guided meditations based on personal support needed
14) Instructive but entertaining short videos and documentaries on the care and feeding of the human body
Other free optional Opportunities
may attend all dharma talks and group meditations
may attend the weekly recovery group
one-on-one counseling session with Venerables Pannavati or Pannadipa, our resident monks or others teachers that are on campus during your retreat
One social group activity organized for retreatants (ex. Music and movement session, walk to the pond or waterfalls in the national forest, etc)
Venue HighlightsHeartwood’s facilities include a historic thirty-room Victorian-era mansion, and additional thirty adjoining courtyard rooms. Three meditation halls and a commercial kitchen are designed to support short-term and long-term retreats, conferences, and workshops. Quiet spaces indoors and out invite contemplation and conversation. Our goal is to nurture all aspects of one’s being.
AccommodationsRooms are double-occupancy. Depending on the number of retreatants, if single rooms are available, we assign them in order of registration to those who registered earliest. For your convenience, Heartwood provides bed linens, blankets, and towels. All rooms, whether double or single, have an en-suite bathroom.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Fitness Center
- Gluten Free
Menu/CuisineThree delicious vegetarian meals per day are offered; there are always vegan and gluten free options served for those with dietary restrictions. You are also welcome to bring a snack to share if you wish.
Breakfast typically includes cereal, hard-boiled eggs, fruit, bread, and rice cakes. Coffee is served at breakfast only. Lunch, which is the main meal of the day, consists of a protein, a grain, vegetables, and salad. A light supper of soup, with either salad or fruit, as well as some surprises, is offered each evening.