Freedom Journey Through Dance and Art
- Ecstatic Dance: In a free-form dance we will have some guided warm ups and cooling down, but the rest of the time you get to follow your own energy and dance. There is no right or wrong way. You follow your own energy and let your body lead you in this sacred space.
- · Healing circles: We will have two healing circles during our days enabling you to let go of what no longer serves you, and get into a greater alignment with yourself and the universe.
- · Visual art: There will be three workshops where you will be guided to explore and express through painting. No prior painting experience needed. This will be a safe and non-judgment space where we can emerge with the spirit of exploration without specific goal of an outcome. Outi will share her different tips and techniques for painting to help you to dive into your creation and have fun. All materials are included in the workshop price
ScheduleGood morning; you are in Costa Rica at Living Forest waking up to the sound of the jungle river, birds singing and perhaps hearing the howler monkeys in the distance! You might be surprised you wake up earlier than usual and go to bed earlier too - in the jungle style!
Head to our beautiful yoga deck with open walls to the nature in front of you. Grab a cup of coffee or tea. The early mornings are reserved for SILENCE. This is YOU -time.
Here is an example how our days go:
7.30-8.30 Meditation and Yoga or Qigong
8.30 Yummy Breakfast and lots of time to chat with your fellow retreat participants
10.00-12.00 Group session with dance/ art or healing
3.30-5.30pm Group session with dance/ art or healing
Free time or relaxed group activity such as candle light yoga
& Good night!
About This Event
We invite you to join us on a unique retreat that will explore your true self. You will be taken on a journey of transformation through the exploration of art and dance, yoga, qigong, healing circles, journaling and meditation.
This is YOU time. Imagine a beautiful journey where your creative self unfolds at your own pace, and you will feel inspired and rejuvenated. You have the opportunity to move your body and express your feelings and essence through journaling, art work, connect with nature, rest and have fun with your fellow participants.
Nestled by a river and jungle, Living Forest is one of the most grounding and rejuvenating places - mother nature abounds. I love the yoga classes taught by Johanna and the other myriad of workshops she offers. Truly a wonderful experience.
- This ALL INCLUSIVE retreat includes:
- Lodging at Living Forest for 5 nights
- Transportation to and from Liberia airport (LIR). Please check out the pick up times prior to booking your flights
- Three nourishing meals daily prepared from locally sourced ingredients (gluten free and other options available)
- Morning and afternoon workshops with yoga, qigong, meditation, dance&movement, journaling, art work and healing circles
- All art materials for the art workshops
- Excursion: Visiting a 500 year old Ceiba tree, hot springs by volcano Arenal and a sun set dinner at a restaurant with beautiful lake views
- The use of beautiful Living Forest’s property, where you can enjoy the jungle river, relax in the hammock, catch a glimpse of toucans, to enjoy the howler monkeys on the river side trees
What's Not Includedair fare, travel insurance and little cash, if you like to purchase some extra tours/services/snacks/souvenirs.
Venue HighlightsHere at Living Forest we are in awe of the power and healing qualities of the nature around us. There is a wealth of wildlife, a pulsating symphony of sounds and a profound peace that can be felt. Take it in and let it rejuvenate you!
Included in this retreat package is an excursion to visit a 500 year old Ceiba tree. This impressive tree up on a hill is such a beauty. Maybe it has a message for you. It usually does.
We follow the scenic lake road driving by little Costa Rican villages, in lush tropical vegetation the road winds down closer and closer to the volcano.
If you are not relaxed yet, now you will be. It is time to bliss out at the hot springs. Mmmmm. Let the mind go. Get those tight knots in there. Melting. Sensing. Surrendering.
By sunset we will reach a restaurant with gorgeous lake views where we enjoy a delicious meal.
AccommodationsLiving Forest Lodge rooms have max 4 people sharing. Depending on our group size, we spread out all participants, so there is as much space as possible. The rooms have two individual beds and a comfortable bunk bed. There is a ceiling fan and screened windows in each room. We have two large bathrooms across the hall, both with one wall open to the nature. We provide towels and soap.
River View Casita room is for two sharing. In this separate casita you have a private bathroom (with your own lil garden :)) and a veranda facing the river, where you can sit and enjoy the wildlife. There are two individual beds (or a king bed for couples), a ceiling fan and the windows have screens. We have only two rooms available, so if you are interested, book yours fast!
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineThree nourishing meals daily prepared from locally sourced ingredients (gluten free and other options available)
DirectionsPlease fly to Liberia (LIR), officially named Daniel Oduber Quiros International Airport. We are just 1.5 hour drive from the airport. Please be sure when you are booking your flights, that the arrival to Liberia is before 2pm. If you prefer to travel later, we can help you, but the transport to the retreat location is at your own cost.
There will be a group airport pick up at 2 -3pm at Liberia Airport the arrival day March 20, 2020. We will confirm the exact time closer to the time.
The driver can stop in a store on your way to Lake Arenal, so you have a chance to buy some snacks etc if you like. At Living Forest we will have a Welcome Dinner at 6pm.
On DEPARTURE day March 25 ,2020 our program finishes late morning. Pick up to the airport leaves at 11am at Living Forest . You can catch any flights homewards from 3pm onwards.