Colombia Self-Realization & Empowerment Yoga Retreat
- The purpose of this Yoga retreat is to revive our creative fire and explore different Yogic practices to provide you with the tools to develop your own personal practice for self-realization through Asana (physical movement), meditation, pranayama (breathing techniques), philosophy & education.
- Each day of the retreat will be focused on a different chakra of the body to develop an awareness of the chakra system and leave us cleansed and refreshed after the retreat! We will also offer afternoon activities for the group to bond, explore and see the beauty of Colombia!
- This retreat offer an intimate space for our students to grow individually and as a group. We believe in the power of community with family style meals, partner yoga and beach cleanups. We also encourage self-study, silent walks and individual space for our students to connect with themselves. Along with Yoga and meditation, each day of the retreat will offer an excursion of some sort to the surrounding sacred waterfalls, native riverbeds, indigenous tribe towns and national parks.
- Daily group excursions and jungle adventures to National Parks, Waterfalls and River Tubing are also offered, along with the option to explore individually. Our retreat will conclude with a Moon Ceremony and celebration on the beach.
- There is something for everyone to gain from this retreat experience! Begin your Yoga practice, expand an existing practice, dive deep beneath the layers of the Chakra system, connect with like-minded individuals, build community and a spiritual sangha, explore the lush land of Colombia and create an unforgettable experience.
About This Event
Join Lotus Retreats for a 6-day and 5-night Yoga Retreat on the Caribbean coast of the Sierra Nevadas de Santa Marta de Colombia! Get lost in sacred nature while diving through the chakra system to renew and rejuvenate your relationship with nature, self-discovery & community.
- 6 days and 5 nights at the Gitana Del Mar Beach Resort
- 2 Yoga classes a day – (Vinyasa, Hatha and Restorative styles)
- 3 daily meals made with fresh juice and dessert – Vegetarian, Vegan, gluten & dairy free options available
- Daily intensive workshops and group activities to deepen understanding of the Chakra System
- Opening ceremony, intention setting, and journal practicing prompts
- Closing cacao ceremony and beach bonfire
- Goodie bags from our Colombia Retreat sponsors
Venue HighlightsWelcome to the home of our Colombia Retreat. The Gitana Del Mar Beach Resort is located at the base of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta mountains alongside of the Caribbean sea. It's lush land harbors a retreat oasis of pure jungle and ocean bliss. Gitana Del Mar is comprised of 7 eco-friendly jungle style bungalows. Each with high ceilings, ceiling fans, an ocean breeze and its own private outdoor shower.
AccommodationsThis eco-chic boutique resort is small and cozy and privately rented out to our retreat for the duration of the week to keep the retreat intimate. We are in the jungle with a 3 minute path walking out to the vast, infinite, Caribbean sea. There is also a pool oasis in the Resort center for us to enjoy, close to its open air restaurant hut.
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineThe Gitana Cocina is focused around a fresh menu that combines healthy ingredients together in a coastal themed, fusion-styled menu mixing Colombian, Mediterranean and Asian flavors.
In addition to local & regional fish and seafood, this rotating menu also includes chicken, meat, vegetarian & vegan offerings
Gitana is passionate about supporting the community and using as many local ingredients as possible. Fresh-caught fish and seafood from regional fisherman and fruits & veggies from their own garden
DirectionsYou can fly into Cartagena (CTG), Barranquilla (BAQ) or Santa Marta (SMR) to arrive in Colombia. We can arrange for private taxis or you make take the MarSol shuttle to arrive at the resort.
The retreat will begin on March 8th at 1pm. We will begin with lunch and have an evening Yoga class. The retreat will conclude at 11am after a morning Yoga class and breakfast.
Upon arrival, we will help organize transportation and taxis to pick you up and drive you directly to our retreat center. Full details and information will be provided in your confirmation email.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Similar Retreats You Might Like
The Yoga Forest – Sololá Department Guatemala Sololá Department GuatemalaAug 1 - 10, 2020 (10 days)
Gaia Sagrada Ayahuasca & San Pedro Retreat Center – Cuenca Azuay Ecuador Cuenca Azuay EcuadorApr 25 - May 6, 2020 (12 days)
Spirit Plant Journeys Ayahuasca Retreats – Calca Cusco Peru Calca Cusco PeruJun 18 - 25, 2020 (8 days)
The Esalen Institute – California, USA California, USAMay 22 - 24, 2020 (3 days)