200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training – ASHTANGA VINYASA & YIN YOGA
- Yoga Philosophy
- Methodology of Ashtanga Vinyasa (relation between Patanjali ashtanga yoga and modern ashtanga vinyasa)
- Yin Yoga Anatomy
- Basic of Chinese Meridian Theory
- Yoga Anatomy
- Alignment and Adjustment
- Pranayama/ Mudra/ Mantra/ Bandha
- Art of teaching
- Meditation/ Mindfulness
- Mysore Style practice
Schedule6:30 am Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga/ Yin-Yang Yoga (alternate days)
8:15 am Pranayama/ Mantra
9:00 am Breakfast
10:00-11:15 am Art of teaching/ Philosophy/ Anatomy/ Ayurveda (alternate weeks)
11: 30- 12:45 am Methodology of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga
1:00 pm Lunch
2:00 pm Self- Study
3:30- 4:30 pm Yin Theory/ Meditation/ Yin Yoga Practice/ Yoga Nidra (alternate days)
4:30- 6:00 pm Yin Yoga/ Teaching Practice Ashtanga Vinyasa and Yin Yoga (alternate days)
6:00 pm Sunset relaxing time
7:00 pm Dinner
About This Event
Our 200 hour Ashtanga Vinyasa and Yin Yoga Teacher Training course is an intensive program designed to give you the knowledge, skills and confidence to teach yoga classes based on the Ashtanga Primary Series, Vinyasa Flow style, and a Yang and yin practice. Your yoga teacher training journey with us is as much about deepening your own practice as it is about gaining the skills to teach others. We passionately believe in the significance of your own journey of discovery and experience on the development of your unique personal voice and style as a teacher.
Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga: Ashtanga Yoga is a definite sequence of various Hatha Yoga Asanas or poses that are coupled with a certain set of breathing techniques called ‘Ujjayi Pranayama’. This sequence was developed by the famous Hatha Yoga Master of the 20th century – Yogi K Pattabhi Jois. The source of Ashtanga yoga Primary Series is an ancient Hatha yoga text known as ‘Yoga Korunta’. This ancient series of yoga is practiced with synchronized breathing techniques (Vinyasa) that promotes ‘flow of breathe’ in the asana or pose practice. Together, this is called Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Style.
Yin Yoga: Yin represents passive, feminine, moon energy. Its uniqueness lies in its access to connective tissues and fascia that lie deeper than muscles and joints and it benefits through maintaining flexibility of joints even it’s a yoga practice as the body ages. Yin Yoga postures are designed around joints such as shoulders,knees, hips, sacrum and spine. These postures steer us towards more open hips, lighter backs, focused minds and a much relaxed body and spirit.
- Tuition fee, teacher training manual, Upaya Yoga Bag, Upaya Yoga T-shirt, unlimited filtered cold and hot drinking water, welcome dinner, accommodation and food, WiFi, free pick up from Goa Airport, room cleaning, toilet paper, towels.
Venue Highlights- The location of Upaya is in itself magic and unique.
- Located in between the river and the beach
- Surrounded by lush coconut trees, during the early morning and sunset classes, your senses will benefit from the beauty and energy of Nature, making your practice with us an unforgettable experience.
- Nearby wide variety of shops, lively restaurants and bars, colourful Indian markets and atm.
- If you decide to just relax, nearby beach is available
- Your constant safety is also one of our priorities. The entire area is under surveillance 24 hours through CCTV cameras
Accommodations- Upaya Yoga centre is located directly on Arambol beach,
- Wide variety of rooms available in different styles and budget to satisfy anybody taste and capability.
- All rooms are are airy and bright
- Non AC and AC - Both rooms are available
- The Accommodation is nestled in between lush coconut trees and has a quiet and relaxed atmosphere.
- Free WIFI is accessible in the whole property.
- The cleaning service takes place regularly any third day.
- The laundry service is provided at an affordable cost.
- Taxi service is also available for 24 hours.
Menu/CuisineWe offer a healthy and delicious vegan diet.
Breakfast: oat porridge, fresh fruit, curd, muesli, brown bread, seasonal finger millet bread, jam, peanut butter, brown poha, white poha, daliya, upma, chai, herbal tea, cow milk, soya milk, coffee.
Lunch: rich variety of beans and lentils, sprout, tofu chunks, soya chunks, mixed vegetables, salad, humus, potatoes, sweet potatoes, plain brown rise, plain basmati rice, chapati.
Dinner: rich variety of soups, mixed vegetables, boiled vegetables, rise based dishes, noodles, pasta.
Unlimited Filtered Water is delivered to our guest
DirectionsHouse no. 380, Girkarwada Dando, Arambol, North Goa 403524
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Gene Jones November 29, 2019
Upaya Yoga is a great resource for anyone looking to improve their body and mind. It was one of the most beautiful and fulfilling experiences I have had so far. They have great yoga teacher training courses which increase your overall well being.