The Light in Lyme: Retreat for Women with Lyme disease (Kambo, Ayahuasca, Bufo & Breathwork)
- Integrating your experience throughout the week allows the space to process and receive lasting growth. The medicines blend together with other modalities throughout the week for you to somatically and consciously incorporate your shifts and messages. Integration shifts your experience from a week of your life into a clear path forward into health.
- Each day, there will be space to discuss and learn about the medicines, spiritual healing, and creating a life of health. This is a space for you to learn to align your body, breath, mind, and energy based on wisdom traditions from around the world and science-backed methods. We will also engage in purification rituals such as flower baths and a fire ceremony to facilitate release.
- Clarity Breathwork:
- Breathwork is a gentle yet powerful process to clear old patterns, conditioning, and emotions so that you can open into greater levels of consciousness and love. Most of us don’t breathe fully - since birth when the chord was cut too soon, we have been holding our breath, especially during times of stress. We are able to clear trauma and emotional debris by breathing through emotions so that we can connect more deeply with our essence. Breathwork during this retreat is specifically designed for integration: it brings messages and insights from the subconscious into your awareness in union with the medicines. Paige will lead you through three group Clarity Breathwork sessions, one of which will take place in the water.
- Integration Circles:
- Integration and bringing the ceremony into life is an opportunity to release and process our individual work. A level of integration involves speaking about our experiences - oftentimes, when we allow words to flow through us, we come to profound realizations and clearer perspectives. Courtney Jeffery (Registered Psychotherapist, Ecotherapist, and Holistic Yoga Therapist) will also be providing group and optional individual support. Her approach, Art of Awareness Therapy, bridges yogic and Ayurvedic psychology, body-centered and talk therapy, and practices for processing chronic and acute physical and emotional health challenges.
- Finding stillness allows us to rejuvenate and practice the art of focus, which trains us for ceremony. When we can attain silence in our minds, we calm triggers that cause chemical reactions and manifest in our bodies. We will gather together each day for group healing meditations concentrating on relaxation and centering. We will utilize a variety of techniques such as guided visualization, mindfulness, conscious movement, and mantras.
- Our two yoga practices during this retreat are designed to peel off layers and rela into tensions arising. Led by Courtney Jeffery, the sessions will incorporate breath, meditation, and gentle movement to smooth our energy and ease our hearts into presence. The yoga is specifically designed for people with Lyme disease to ground, activate the vagus nerve, and balance Kapha energy.
- Movement is a practice to free energy and express whatever emotions may be arising. It is also a way for us to come home in our bodies and allow ourselves to be fully seen. We will have the space to move through light dance and exercises to witness what is coming up within us and embody our transformation.
- Rest & Renewal:
- Our retreat home offers plenty of space for rest, rejuvenation, and renewal. Our schedule is designed for both group and personal processing time. Allow your body and mind to heal in Costa Rica's peaceful jungle, floating in our infinity pool, or strolling down the road to the beach.
- Conscious Community:
- This retreat was birthed from the vision to unite women with chronic illness who are ready to move beyond an identity of "dis-ease." Seeing the wholeness in each other is a beautiful reminder to recognize that within ourselves. This is an important opportunity to honor the past while giving each other the support to move forward into health. We will unite and connect in person, sharing sacred ceremony, delicious meals, and a lasting community.
Arrive by 4pm. Opening circle. Dinner.
Kambo & light snack. Rest. Lunch & rest. Group meditation. Workshop & movement. Rest. Daime.
Group meditation. Yoga. Integration sharing circle. Rest. Brunch & rest. Workshop & movement. Breathwork. Dinner.
Optional Kambo & light snack. Rest. Lunch & rest. Group meditation. Workshop & movement. Rest. Daime.
Group meditation. Yoga. Integration sharing circle. Brunch & rest. Workshop & movement. Rest. Breathwork in water. Dinner.
Optional Kambo & light snack. Rest. Lunch & rest. Group meditation. Workshop & movement. Rest. Daime.
Group meditation. Integration sharing circle. Brunch & rest. Bufo. Dinner.
Breakfast. Closing circle. Departure by 12pm.
About This Event
Please contact us prior to booking to discuss this retreat.
This retreat has been curated for women ready to reclaim their bodies and move forward into greater vitality and joy. Kambo Casita welcomes you to Nosara, Costa Rica, to journey through a week of deep release and transformation.
Your experience is led by Nadine Purdy and Paige DiPrete, two women who have healed chronic Lyme disease with plant medicines and spirituality. Our family at Kambo Casita creates a safe, attentive, and supportive space for your emotional cleansing and growth.
Our week together is designed to balance and guide you through your experience of release, joy, and deep connection to self. Your week incorporates one Kambo (with the option of two more), three Ayahuasca, one Bufo, and three Clarity Breathwork ceremonies, alongside gentle activities during the day to move and process energies.
Following our week together, we offer the option to stay for an additional four days for our Kambo Self Application Course. Using Kambo in small, regularly applied doses is a manageable, affordable way to receive its benefits on a weekly basis. For more more information, please contact us.
Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. -Rumi
- 3 Ayahuasca (Daime) ceremonies
- 1 Kambo ceremony (including Rapé & Sananga)
- 1 Bufo ceremony
- 3 Clarity Breathwork ceremonies
- 2 yoga classes
- Daily workshops
- Guided meditations & movement practices
- Integration circles & support
What's Not IncludedAirfare
Venue HighlightsKambo Casita is a healing center dedicated to the facilitation of sacred plant medicines and evolution of consciousness.
We thank you and welcome you on this journey with us. Located in the lush jungle of Costa Rica overlooking the ocean, Kambo Casita holds a safe space for deep, transformational healing using sacred medicines, shamanic traditions, energy work, and other tools for the expansion of consciousness. We connect with all divine beings - God, plant spirits, deities, ancestors, light beings, etc. - and invoke them to facilitate multidimensional protection, healing, and liberation.
Nadine Purdy originally founded Kambo Casita as a platform for individuals to come together, heal, integrate, and learn. Today, the family has grown to include people across the globe who have entered into this deep process together. We are humbled and honored to be a part of your path and our planet's metamorphosis.
With deep respect, gratitude, and love,
The Kambo Casita Family
AccommodationsKambo Casita warmly invites you to Nosara, Costa Rica. Our property overlooks the sea and vibrant jungle. The space is woven with love and high vibrations to be a part of the medicine you receive.
Wake up to a vision of morning fog lightly settling on the lush jungle mountains as monkeys swing by and eagles soar overhead. Kambo Casita offers a quiet, comfortable space for individuals and small groups to immerse themselves in healing and integration.
The center features two retreat houses with kitchens, 9 beds, private casitas, indoor and outdoor living and dining spaces, and large outdoor communal spaces with two infinity pools. Each day, at least two organic meals with fresh juices and coconut water are served by our vegan chef. The food is cooked to provide for gluten free and vegan diets, and we can also accommodate if you have any other dietary needs. We are a short walk to the beach and a 15-minute drive to the central surf and yoga town, Guiones/Nosara.
If you are visiting Costa Rica, we recommend that you stay at our center while partaking in ceremonies with us to fully commit to your process in the healing energies of the space.
The closest airport to us is Liberia (Daniel Oduber Quirós International Airport), which is located about 2 hours away. We recommend using Gypsy Cab as a shuttle, which has rates that start from $45. It is also possible to fly to San José and either rent a car for the 5+ hour drive or fly to Nosara Airport.
We strive to live in a harmonious and symbiotic relationship with our planet, and we ask that guests also respect this through composting, limiting plastic use and other waste, maintaining an energy of peace in the space, and giving thanks to the land.
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineEach day, at least two organic meals are served by our vegan chef. The food is usually cooked to provide for gluten free and vegan diets, but we can also accommodate if you have any other dietary needs. Additionally, juices, fresh coconut water, and healthy snacks are available throughout the day.
DirectionsThe closest airport to us is Liberia, which is located about 2 hours away from Nosara. Once you are confirmed, we will help you to arrange transportation.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Soltara Healing Center – Paquera Provincia de Puntarenas Costa Rica Paquera Provincia de Puntarenas Costa Rica15 Nights
Soltara Healing Center – Paquera Provincia de Puntarenas Costa Rica Paquera Provincia de Puntarenas Costa Rica29 Nights
Soltara Healing Center – Paquera Provincia de Puntarenas Costa Rica Paquera Provincia de Puntarenas Costa Rica8 Nights