6 Days Shred & Savasana: Mountain Biking & Yoga Where the Trails Meet the Sea in Jamaica
- THE RIDES: Bike tours are $150-$200/day including bike rental, guide, lunch, transportation and entry fees. Full day or half day rides available. Choose one to four riding days.
- Our guide will lead groups of up to seven riders. Irie vibes will be provided on the rides along with lunch and an abundance of local flavor. The exact routes are conditional upon the state of the trails at the time of our visit.
- Possible destinations/points of interest are:
- • FULL DAY XC ZIMBALI RETREATS FOODIE TOUR - An invigorating morning ride will ready you for a gourmet five course farm-to-table lunch at Zimbali Farm. Zimbali is a community committed to preserving the natural essence of life through nature, sustainable farming, farm to table nutrition, and authentic Rastafari roots and culture. Finish the loop to land back at home in Half Moon.
- • THE EPIC BLUE HOLE MINERAL SPRING TOUR TO BRIGHTON - Stop along the way at the Ackee Tree Restaurant where you begin celebrating the day with food, drinks, ganja, and of course reggae music. Continue your ascent into Brighton, where you will land at Blue Hole Mineral Spring. This natural spring sits 24 feet below the ground in a cavernous opening completely encased by Karst limestone. Thrill seekers and staff entertain guests with daredevil dives. Explore the Blue Hole, take a relaxing swim in the pool, or enjoy a Blue Hole Mineral massage to purify, exfoliate, and soften your skin. Enjoy as many Red Stripes as you’d like - when you are ready, a shuttle will be available to take you home to Half Moon Beach.
- • RATBAT CAVE AND HAUNTED RESORT SEAVIEW TOUR - Shred some singletrack and spill out onto a coastal dirt road. Make your way through scenic farms and wandering cows to explore Ratbat Cave and an abandoned haunted resort along the west end coast of Jamaica. Stop for Jamaican patties and other fresh roadside eats as you make your way back to base.
- • RIDING JAMAICA’S WEST END - Start your day with Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee at the Wake N Bake Cafe. Achieve full bashment on the day’s ride. Then take a break to enjoy fresh Jamaican fare while exploring the lush gardens or taking in a leisurely game of dominoes at Just Natural Cafe at Negril’s West End.
- Hit singletrack trails interspersed with rough country back roads, exploring the irie vybz of Jamaica’s Westmoreland hills. Experience a natural paradise and session technical Rambo trails hand built by Negril's 40 Legger Bush Doctor Crew: "THE ROOTZ”, "SCRUB-A-DUB”, "MOUNT AIRY DH”, "JANKY JIMMY JACKSON'S DUPPY”, “PIRATE'S GOLD TEETH”, “ CHEF SNOW'S CAKE RUN", "JANGALEE GRAVEYARD”, "SPANISH GOLD TEETH" “BURNING GOAT TRAIL IN THE BLACK FORREST” and more.
- THE BIKES*:
- ZMBA USES GIANT, SANTA CRUZ, TRANSITION AND IBIS TRAIL BIKES.
- THE BIKES ARE LOADED WITH SHIMANO ONE BY 10 & 11 DRIVETRAINS & DISC BRAKES, DROPPER POSTS AND SEALANT LOADED MAXXIS & SCHWALBE TUBELESS KNOBBY TYRES.
- ALL RIDES INCLUDE A HELMET, SPD OR FLAT PEDALS, WIDE BARS AND CULT RASTA GRIPS.
- *Bring your own bike for discounted rates and additional riding.
*07:00 Morning meditation and invigorating vinyasa
*09:00 Guided Mountain Bike Ride (lunch included)
*09:00 (cycling alternative) Curated excursions
*17:00 Restorative Yoga
*19:00 Deep chill time! check out local music, food & drink, enjoy a moonlit walk on the beach
About This Event
Join Arielle, Patrick and Jammella for a 6 day 5 night adventure retreat. Guided cross country/singletrack rides explore the local vibes in the irie hills and beaches outside Negril, Jamaica. Morning and evening yoga sessions to “ready head” for your ride and to restore and chill afterwards. Mountain bike flow, vinyasa flow - take your pick or do both. Yogis who don’t ride can extend their yoga practice, explore the local Jamaican culture through other adventures, or dive deep into the meditative space cultivated by the sea lapping at your feet and the soft ocean breeze on your skin.
“Let’s Get Together and Feel Alright” -Robert Nesta Marley
- • 6 days and 5 nights accommodations
- • Morning meditation & breath work
- • Invigorating morning vinyasa yoga flow classes
- • Calming evening restorative yoga classes
- • Yoga deck available throughout the day
- • Airport Transportation: Arrive between 12pm and 2pm for Airport pickup for the group from the Montego Bay Airport (MBJ). Schedule flights out between 12pm and 2pm for drop off at MBJ for flights home.
What's Not Included• Bike tours are $150-$200/day including bike rental, guide, lunch, transportation and entry fees. Full day or half day rides available. Choose one or two riding days. (see "extras" for detailed descriptions of bike tours)
• If your flight schedule does not correlate with the group transport, we will be happy to arrange private transportation for you at additional cost. The price of a cab to our lodgings at Half Moon Beach will run about $100.
• Meals are not included in this retreat package.
• Excursions: We are happy to help organize additional excursions for our group, and the costs will be collected as we embark upon them. Or you are welcome to explore on your own - beaches, music, waterfalls, cliff diving, the famous Blue Hole, river tours, fishing, snorkeling, hiking, horseback riding, restaurants galore... There are so many choices and I am happy to share my recommendations.
• Private yoga, meditation or breathwork sessions.
• Tips: Please leave gratuity for your meal service, drivers and room staff, etc. that you feel is appropriate. I am confident that you will find the service to be wonderful.
• Travel insurance. Please purchase travel insurance to protect your trip!
Venue HighlightsHalf Moon is an exquisite private beach with individual cottages that can accommodate 1 to 4 guests each. At Half Moon you can “escape from the hustle & bustle of everyday living to our serene island paradise... Our property is still in it's natural state with some of the most beautiful undisturbed coral reefs on the island.” A yoga deck overlooking the water provides the setting for invigorating morning vinyasa and evening restorative yoga. The property boasts a restaurant staffed by the finest Jamaican chefs and hosts live local music. For more excitement, take a quick boat ride out to visit the pirates at Calico Jack's island bar & restaurant.
A short drive south of our lodgings at Half Moon Beach is Negril, famous for the white sand Seven Mile Beach, authentic jerk chicken along the beach, and the thrill of cliff jumping at Rick’s Cafe. Negril is a great place to explore restaurants and nightlife, that is, if you can tear yourself away from the serene beach, culinary delights, and live music right onsite at Half Moon Beach. Negril and Half Moon Beach are located at the western tip of Jamaica, known for its stunning sunsets.
AccommodationsAll our cabins are tucked away in the forest and overlooking the Caribbean sea. Guests enjoy the tranquility and peaceful setting. Your privacy is guaranteed. The white sand beach is a step away from the cabins. We have a 24hr restaurant and bar and security on the property Room service is available at a extra cost. Laundry service at extra cost.
Packages range from a single occupant in a one bedroom one bath cabin, to four occupants in our largest cabin complete with kitchen and living area.
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineMeals are not included, but Half Moon boasts the finest Jamaican chefs, ready to prepare a feast of local and international dishes guaranteed to satisfy. Guests can have every desire met right here at your private beach accommodations, including the most exquisite sunset dinners in the world. Or guests can hop on over to Calico Jack's island bar and restaurant for coconut drinks and grilled lobster on the beach. Other nearby options are available, like the famous Rick's Cafe and jerk chicken vendors along Seven Mile beach. Travelers will find a plethora of vegetarian and vegan restaurants run by "Ital" Rastas.
Directions• Fly into Montego Bay Airport (MBJ)
• Arrive between 12pm and 2pm for Airport pickup for the group from the Montego Bay Airport (MBJ). Schedule flights out between 12pm and 2pm for drop off at MBJ for flights home. The hotel is a beautiful hour and a half drive from the airport.
• If your flight schedule does not correlate with the group transport, we will be happy to arrange private transportation for you at additional cost. The price of a cab to Half Moon Beach will run about $100.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due 14 days before the retreat start date.
The remaining balance is non-refundable once paid.
Get full details...
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Psychonauta Foundation – Nauta Loreto Peru Nauta Loreto PeruApr 15 - 28, 2020 (14 days)
Cusco Cusco Peru Cusco Cusco PeruPortals & Possibilities: Transformational Journey To The Andes Peru: Shamanic Energy Medicine, Sound Healing & Huachuma JourneyMay 10 - 18, 2020 (9 days)