Tropical Heat Hot Sauce Retreat
- Finca Mia Retreat Center
- Calle Los Ángeles, San José Province, Pérez Zeledón, Costa Rica
- Mar 20 - 24, 2020 (5 days)
About This Event
Join us for an unforgettable, all-inclusive, hot sauce retreat experience! Have you ever wanted to get away to a tropical jungle paradise and … immerse yourself in hot sauce?! So have we! And we know the perfect spot.
Journey with us to Finca Mia and experience how sweet (and spicy!) life in this magical mountain corner of Costa Rica can be. All heat-level eaters are welcome!
We are here to find or deepen the dimension that is in everyone; the possibility that there is another dimension in you is not something you need to bring about but something you need to discover. It's already there. -Eckhart Tolle
- Round-trip group transportation between Finca Mia and San Jose (the vibrant Costa Rican capital).
- 4 nights & 5 days in the "luxury cabina" of your choice. (We promise, you won’t want to leave!)
- 3 healthy meals per day featuring fresh, local, seasonal food — and of course, lots of chilies!
- A tour of Becca’s chili pepper farm & production facility (happily, some of Costa Rica’s best craft beer is also brewed here!) Learn expert tips and tricks to grow your best peppers back home.
- A hands-on “Make Your Own Hot Sauce” workshop led by Hoss of Hoss Soss and Becca of Becca’s Purveyor of Tasty Goodness. All ingredients and supplies provided.
- “Hot Sauce Show & Tell” at mealtimes. Share your own fiery creations and taste the uniquely spicy sauces crafted by your retreat mates.
- Group Excursions and Adventures! We’ll visit the incredible Casa Alegria Butterfly Dome, tour the organic chocolate factory at Samaritan Xocolata, sample cheeses at the family-run Quesos Canaan and explore the natural beauty of the nearby Cloudbridge Nature Reserve.
- Plenty of free time to relax on the breathtaking retreat grounds, including a private riverside beach.
- Ideas for Costa Rican adventures to tack on before or after Tropical Heat 2020. (Surf the infamous waves of Playa Dominical, soak in the hot springs at Arenal Volcano National Park, get a taste of the Caribbean in Puerto Viejo and so much more…)
- Evening gatherings for bonfire, music, stories, and maybe even some chile pepper trivia…
What's Not IncludedAirfare to & from SJO (Juan Santamaria International Airport).
International travel insurance (required and inexpensive).
Any travel expenses you incur before, during or after retreat dates.
Additional services offered at the retreat center (massage, acupuncture, skin treatments, juice bar goodies, laundry service, etc).
Gratuity for retreat center staff, drivers, etc.
Venue HighlightsFinca Mia proudly presents a seasonal collection of speciality programs, retreats, and teacher trainings. Offered in the unique and tranquil setting of the Costa Rican mountain jungle. the closeness to nature and the pristine, crisp air only enhances the healing experience of each event to be attuned with yourself and the earth.
Bring your retreat group, event, or family gathering to Finca Mia and enjoy exclusive use of our entire magical and healing resort in the majestic Chirripo mountains.
Including exclusive use of:
1600 sq ft yoga deck equipped with yoga mats, blocks, straps, and bolsters for 30 people, maloca/sacred temple with circular seating for 30, PLAYFUL RIO TALARI AND river trails, therapeutic hot tub (SWIMMING POOL AND SauNA COMING SOON), lounging hammocks, fire pit and terraces, Finca Mia juice bar AND VEGAN DELIGHTS, La boutique, pristine spring water on tap, dining room, cozy wood stove nook, healthy farm-to-table meals, charming cabins with comfortable beds and quality bedding, extensive offerings of activities, holistic healing spa with top caliber therapists, nearby waterfalls and hot springs, meticulous care for all details and desires of your group.
We are joyfully at your service!
AccommodationsLodging at Finca Mia is unique as no two rooms are alike. The accommodations are exquisitely symbiotic with nature, intended to promote relaxation. All the rooms are beautiful and pleasing to the senses, designed to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Just like Finca Mia’s delightful circle of friends, the farm and retreat center campus continues to grow each year. We can currently accommodate retreat groups of up to 45 guests comfortably in cabinas and tents. If you wish to bring a larger group, let’s talk! Creativity and resourcefulness are two of our greatest strengths.
All retreats include the use of our on-site lodging in our one of a kind cabinas and tents. We have a variety of lodging options to cozily accommodate your guests, including shared or private rooms. Choose from our eco-luxury cabinas with private bathrooms or more rustic, open-air cabins and riverbank tents and shared bathrooms.
Menu/CuisineThe meals at Finca Mia are prepared with love and care. Committed to a high standard of nutrition, we use fresh, tropical ingredients to serve an orchestra of local flavors. No request is too big or small for the kitchen to cater to for guests with particular dietary needs.
Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner throughout the day, the kitchen works to ensure stomachs are happy and the community is well-fed with fresh, organic and wholesome foods.
Delicious and balanced breakfast buffets are served each morning including, organic farm-fresh eggs, healthy baked goods, homemade granola with yogurt, hearty oats and a bounty of seasonal, tropical fruits.
Lunch presents a colorful array of fresh courses including savory soups, super food salads, entrees and side plates. All using the most superior fresh ingredients, grains and vegetables from our own farm and the local farmer’s market.
Dinner consists of a five course nutrient-rich spread using local flavors and super foods. Enjoy wholesome soup, green salad, entrees and side dishes cooked to showcase the abundance of the farm and local farmer's market. Including organic vegetables, whole grains, beans, sustainably caught local fish and local meat.
Tea and Coffee Service
Available day and night, including fresh and dry herbal and fruit teas, locally grown and roasted Costa Rican coffee beans, and fresh local honey to sweeten each cup.
Finca Mia prides itself on catering to every dietary requirement no matter how big or small. The expert chefs specially prepare meals for those with allergies, grain or gluten-free diets, vegetarian, vegan, raw and anything else you may request.
The kitchen is proud to serve speciality dishes on selected evenings. Varying from pizza night - watch your pizza cook in Finca Mia's traditional pizza oven - to home-smoked trout and fish. These hearty meals bring the farm community together to do what food does best, allow you to relate, cook, eat and celebrate.
DirectionsWe offer a professional shuttle service to get you and your guests safely to Finca Mia. Guests typically arrive in San Jose the night prior to their arrival at Finca Mia.
Our shuttle can be arranged to match with the itinerary of most guests but generally leave San Jose in the AM and arrive at Finca Mia mid-afternoon. We offer pick-ups at both Juan Santamaria Airport and from hotels in San Jose.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due 14 days before the retreat start date.
The remaining balance is non-refundable once paid.
Get full details...
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Tinamaste San José Costa Rica Tinamaste San José Costa RicaJan 20, 2020 (1 day)