5 Day Eco-Mindfulness Jungle Experience In Panama
- 1. Eco-Mindfulness
- Experience the living, breathing world with eco-mindfulness by grounding yourself in the "felt" presence of your immediate experience.
- 2. The Web of Life
- Learn about how the interconnected web of fungi mycelium creates the rich soil conditions necessary for tropical rainforests to thrive.
- 3. Wild Ecology
- Discover the wild ecology of mother trees, bird language, and the large mammals that roam the dense rainforests of the Panamanian isthmus.
- 4. Regenerative Culture
- Explore the Kalu Yala eco-community and how this village is built around permaculture and off-the-grid power.
- 5. Ancient History and Cosmology
- Learn about how different cultures have seen their place on Planet Earth and in the Cosmos throughout the ages.
ScheduleThe first morning, you will learn eco-mindfulness and triggering states of embodied immersion in the jungle.
Eco-mindfulness involves a variety of conscious breathing, embodied movement and sensory immersion triggers for grounding yourself in the "felt presence" of your immediate experience.
In the afternoon, you will learn about bird songs and be able to spend time relaxing and listening to the tropical birds between dips in the cooling river.
About This Event
Explore the tropical rainforest ecology and learn about the birds and wildlife, medicinal mushrooms, regenerative culture and eco-mindfulness practices in an off-the-grid community.
Unplug from the hyper-stimulation of digital screens and busy urban environments in the rainforests of Panama and experience peace and tranquility exploring your sensory experience in the jungle.
Our next experiential learning retreat is at Selina Kalu Yala, a coliving community within an off-the-grid village nestled in the mountains south of Panama City.
Surrounded by a tropical mountain preserve on the western edge of Chagres National Park, we will explore the hiking trails, natural swimming pools, bird language, and tropical wildlife.
Each day we will embark on eco-mindfulness learning adventures that combine mindful awareness, following your curiosity and tuning into all your senses to learn about the tropical rainforest ecology.
Eco-mindfulness involves a variety of conscious breathing, embodied movement and flow triggers for grounding yourself in the "felt presence" of your immediate experience.
I highly recommend this retreat to further your awareness of the forgotten knowledge of trees and mushrooms and leave feeling inspired that collectively we can form a deeper relationship with nature and others.
- 3 delicious, plant-based farm-to-table meals each day.
- 5 nights of accommodations in your own tee-pee.
- Daily classes in ecology, breathwork, sustainability, and yoga.
- Daily experiential learning adventures in the jungle.
- Nightly entertainment, bonfire, and dancing.
What's Not IncludedFlight to Panama's Tocumen International Airport (PTY).
Transportation to Kalu Yala Basecamp (there is transit available from the airport and Selina's Casco Viejo location in Panama City to the basecamp where shuttles that are included go each day to Kalu Yala's eco-village at 9 am and 3 pm).
Venue HighlightsOur off-the-grid community is in the heart of a 7,000-acre mountain preserve full of hiking trails, natural swimming pools, and wilderness adventures. High-speed WiFi is powered by an innovative, eco-friendly solar power system.
AccommodationsConnect with nature while sleeping in a comfy queen-sized bed inside your own jungle tee-pee.
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Ceremony Space
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
DirectionsFrom the airport:
Selina Kalu Yala is accessible from Tocumen Airport, about 50 min away by car. Once you land, you can get to Kalu Yala Basecamp in 3 ways. Take an Uber for 50 minutes ($15-25) or, take a taxi ($5) to the La Doña Bus Terminal in Panama City. From there, catch a bus San Miguel (La Mesa). It’s an hour and 30 minute ride that should cost $6.25 total.
After arriving at Kalu Yala Basecamp, take Selina’s 4x4 transportation to Kalu Yala (30 min and it is included with the retreat) or hike in (2 hrs).