Moab Mountain Biking and Hiking
- This retreat is an adventure you get to truly take part in and grow from. Beginning with results from the Energy Leadership Index Assessment (ELI), you and fellow retreat goers will develop a common language about self leadership to form a foundation for the rest of the retreat. After the ELI debrief, the retreat will be broken down into times to ride mountain bikes (in the mountain biking Mecca, Moab, UT), hike, and participate in development workshops. This adventure is not one to simply happen to you - plan on assisting with cooking, cleaning, and fire tending. While this is no lounge around retreat, you will find it just the right amount of satisfying effort.
Schedule- Wake with coffee/tea and an opportunity for mindfulness/meditation/stretching.
- Mountain bike for a couple hours while taking in the incredible views.
- Lunch with personal development workshop
- 1-2 hours to self
- Hike or bike
- Sunset hike to viewpoint
About This Event
For those looking for an adventure that has the substance to help you grow personally and professionally, this is for you. This adventure encourages you to fully engage with yourself and your cohort. As you explore canyon country by foot and bike, you’ll also explore yourself through various workshops. You will also be encouraged to assist with parts of the adventure like: tending the campfire, meal prep and cleanup, route-finding, and coffee brewing. We firmly believe that an adventure is more gratifying when everyone can say, “We did this.”
It’s fitting that this adventure takes place just a week after the official start to Spring. As the flora and fauna unique to this desert landscape begin to emerge from their winter dormancy, you too will be refreshed and recharged.
“Steve has been a mentor for me since I began my career in the outdoors nearly 10 years ago. His standard of technical and interpersonal skills makes him one AMAZING person and guide."
- 3 nights accommodation
- All meals
- Leadership Assessment (Energy Leadership Index Assessment - Assessment taken prior to retreat, results debriefed during)
- Mountain bike instruction
- Endless breathtaking views
What's Not IncludedAirfare
Transportation if different to prearranged pick up
AccommodationsThe yurts provided are roomy enough to sleep 6 people - however, we limit occupancy to 4 people for more comfort.
The park where this is held is in a remote location in the high desert of Utah. There are flush toilets and drinkable water available. There are no showers, so expect wet-wipe showers! There will be a camp-shower provided at the end of the retreat.
Menu/CuisineContact for any dietary restrictions.
Menus and food shop is completed the week before retreat begins. You can expect delicious food made in an outdoor setting. Snacks while on trail, too.
- You will be picked up at the Canyonlands Field Airport in Moab, UT from the Denver to Moab flight that arrives at 9:04 AM on Thursday.
- If you are already in Moab, a pickup may be arranged in town only (it's a small town).
- Airport shuttle is provided immediately after the retreat for 1:05 PM flight on Sunday.
- If choosing to stay longer in Moab, a drop off in town may be provided.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Selina Red Frog Beach – California, USA California, USAMar 28 - Apr 3, 2020 (7 days)
Meditation Retreat Peru – Cusco Cusco Peru Cusco Cusco PeruApr 1 - 12, 2020 (12 days)
Gone Far Beyond – Pokhara Western Development Region Nepal Pokhara Western Development Region NepalMar 28 - Apr 4, 2020 (8 days)