A journey into Andean Mysticism: San Pedro ceremonies, Earth-honouring practices + Yoga
- Partake in 2 heart-opening Wachuma (San Pedro) ceremonies with an experienced shaman - an opportunity to dive into your inner landscape, to feel deeply, awaken suppressed emotions and come into communion with pachamama
- Visit the sacred Incan sites of Machu Picchu, Pisac, and Ollantaytambo - our spiritual leader will share his wisdom teachings of the Andean Cosmovision
- 2-hour sound therapy ceremony led by two Peruvian artists - Drawing from ancient wisdom, the session activates the chakras, calms the mind, connects you to the elements and eases mental tension, physical ailments, and emotional trauma. The artists play over 20 instruments many of which they have built themselves.
- Yoga, meditation + journalling - Led by Kate you will be guided through an embodied and intuitive practice, weaving asana, pranayama, mantra + yoga nidra - a holistic, supported and held container for self inquiry
- Holotropic breathwork session (3 hour) - A potent tool to explore and tap into your innate inner-wisdom and power
- Coca leaf ceremony - led by one of the most respected coca leaf readers in Peru
- Bathe in the warm embrace of Mama Nature in the hot springs of Pacchanta, overlooking the snow-capped + sacred Apu Ausangate
- Nature-connection hike among the sacred lagoons of Mt. Ausangate
- Partake in the earth-honouring practices of the Andean mountain tradition, led by a local shaman
- Integration support
About This Event
Join us on a 12 night soulful journey through Peru’s sacred + mystical landscapes. Together we'll explore four of Peru's most spiritually-activating locations: Cusco, Sacred Valley, Machu Picchu, and the little-known region of Pacchanta (Mt. Ausangate).
A unique combination of a retreat and pilgrimage, our tribe of curious travellers will have the opportunity to hike among snow-capped peaks and colourful glacial lakes, connect with the ancient energies of the “apus” (mountain spirits), work with heart-opening san pedro, visit holy Inca temples and partake in sacred despachos led by a indigenous wisdom-keepers. The intention for this spiritual journey is to give you the opportunity to travel deeply into a place of presence through connection with the power of sacred sites, ancient wisdom and Mother Nature. Your journey includes san pedro ceremonies, sound healing, breathwork, yoga, meditation practices, hot springs and hiking.
Shamanic healing is a journey. It involves stepping out of our habitual roles, our conventional scripts, and improvising a dancing path - Gabrielle Roth
- 12 nights accommodation
- All meals (except 1 lunch) + herbal tea (Vegetarian or Vegan)
- All transfers, train tickets + site entrance fees
- 2 day-long Huachuma (San Pedro Ceremonies)
- Guided sacred site visits to Machu Picchu, Pisac ruins and Ollantaytambo ruins
- 7 yoga + meditation practices
- 1 nature-connection hike
- 1 evening yoga nidra
- 1 sound healing ceremony
- 1 ceremonial coca leaf reading
- 1 hot springs session
- Sadhana Travel journal
- Eco-friendly, filtered water bottle
- An engaging Immersion into Andean cosmology
- Despachos led by an experienced local healer
- Support before + after your journey, including best practices for integration
What's Not IncludedInternational flights to/from Cusco
Travel insurance (mandatory)
Meals not mentioned above
Any item that is not specifically mentioned above
Venue HighlightsCusco: We'll be staying in our favorite neighborhood of San Blas which is known as the bohemian neighborhood of Cusco and has some of the best vegan/veggie restaurants, cafes, and boutique stores in the city.
Aguas Calientes: It's better not to do a day trip to see Machu Picchu as its too much travel. Spending the night in Aguas Calientes, Machu Picchu's pueblo, allows us to beat the crowds and visit the Incan citadel in the early morning as the sun is rising and the light is best for photos.
Sacred Valley of the Inca's: Samadhi Retreat Center, 20 minutes outside of Urubamba, is perched on a mountain with sweeping views of 15,000+ foot mountains in the distance in pristine nature. The yoga shala on top of the center has floor to ceiling windows with enchanting Andean vistas. There are some great nature walks and hikes you can take from the center.
Pacchanta (Mt. Ausangate): A remote and little-known alpaca herding community nestled at the base of Ausangate - the most holy mountain in the Cusco region with a height of almost 21,000 feet. A lesser-known region, the landscapes are wild and untouched. A local shaman will lead us through a nature-connection hike through the 9 sacred lagoons of Ausangate.
AccommodationsWe partner with accommodation that aligns with its value of planetary consciousness + sustainability. We seek out rustic-chic properties that have a welcoming, homely atmosphere. All hotels we use for our group journey have been tried + tested by our Co-founders,Patrick + Kate. The hotels we have selected for our group journey are 3* or above, with the exception of our homestay in Pacchanta. Single occupancy rooms are available on request (first come, first serve) for all the hotels listed below, with the except of the homestay in Pacchanta which has only double-occupancy rooms available.
3 nights Cusco @ Antigua Casona: Located in the bohemian neighborhood of San Blas, our favorite pocket of Cusco, Antigua is a thoughtfully-designed boutique hotel. Located in a renovated 19th- century church, this is a traditional hotel with intricately carved furniture
and stylish interiors. We love the outdoor fire and the yoga at the onsite yoga studio, Exhala, which is included during your stay.
1 night Aguas Caliente (Machu Picchu village) @ Hatun Inti Boutique: Located next to the Urubamba River and surrounded by the cloud forest, Hatun Inti Boutique has a prime location. The rooms are spacious with balconies, earthy tones + Andean inspired interiors. We
especially love the natural wooden decor and the tranquil, peaceful location. Our favourite Machu Picchu hotel.
6 nights Sacred Valley @ Samadhi Retreat Center: Nestled in the Sacred Valley of the Inca’s, Samadhi is a retreat center set on the side of a mountain. Each of the en suite bungalows represents one of the seven chakra energy centers in the body. The yoga shala sits at the top of the grounds with sublime vistas of the Andean cordillera below. We love the creative design of the centre.
2 nights Pacchanta @ Hospedaje de Eusebio Crispin: Located in the remote village of Pacchanta, Eusebio welcomes guests into his mountain home with a warm smile. Enjoy sublime sunrise and sunset views overlooking the sacred mountain of Ausangate. If you'd like to purchase any Peruvian textiles, Eusebio has connections with local artisan makers. Their products are high-quality and you'll be supporting the local community.
- Free Wifi
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Ceremony Space
Menu/CuisineSadhana Travel believes in the importance of a healthy diet to support + balance your energetic system. We prize ourselves on partnering with high-quality restaurants that offer organic, vegetarian + wholesome food. We hand-pick cafes and restaurants that align with our values of planetary consciousness + ahimsa (non-harming). All meals (except one lunch on your last day) are included in your journey. A selection of our favorite restaurants that we’ll be dining at are listed below:
↠ Organika - Fresh, organic + creative Peruvian fare with plenty of vegan + vegetarian options.
↠ Chia Vegan Restaurant - A cosy vegan restaurant that takes pride in eating consciously.
↠ Tree House - While Aguas Calientes has limited vegetarian options compared to Cusco, Tree House restaurant offers a good selection of veggie/vegan Peruvian inspired international food.
↠ Kaia Shenai - One of Urubamba’s best restaurants with a tranquil outdoor garden. Excellent vegan + vegetarian fusion food, juices + smoothies.
↠ Green Point - Cusco’s most-loved vegan restaurant with a vision full of compassion + hope.
↠ Greens Organic - An all-organic cafe located in Cusco’s main plaza, most ingredients used come from their organic farm in Urubamba. The inventive vegetarian dishes will leave you feeling nourished + re-energised.
↠Samadhi Retreat Center - With their own garden supplying its produce, the vegetarian dishes they serve are varied and delicious.
DirectionsAll transportation on the trip will be provided and is included in your journey price.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due 14 days before the retreat start date.
The remaining balance is non-refundable once paid.
Get full details...
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
The Ayaruna Center – Pisac Cusco Peru Pisac Cusco PeruJul 26 - Aug 7, 2020 (13 days)
Visiones Asociación – Pucallpa Ucayali Peru Pucallpa Ucayali PeruMar 1 - Apr 1, 2020 (32 days)
Psychonauta Foundation – Nauta Loreto Peru Nauta Loreto PeruMay 21 - Jun 3, 2020 (14 days)
Marosa Ayahuasca Center – Iquitos Loreto Peru Iquitos Loreto Peru10 Day Retreat 6 Ayahuasca Ceremonies, One Kambo and Rapé Ceremony One Shamburo Ceremony and a Master Plant Diet Marosa Ayahuasca CenterFeb 22 - Mar 2, 2020 (10 days)