PIlates & Wellness Retreat (sold out)
- Mat Pilates is designed to bring your mind and body in harmony and feel each movement as it directly works a focused group of muscles. In this beautiful surrounding, your two mat Pilates classes a day will reform, rejuvenate and refresh your whole body and mind.
- There are so many incredible things to see and do in Costa Rica, and on our retreat, we experience some of the highlights! We will have a surf lesson (all levels welcome) led by experts to help you stand up and feel the wind in your hair. And then on our last full day together, we'll celebrate with a memorable catamaran sail along the ocean with snorkeling, open bar and possible whale sightings!
- Taking time to relax and recharge is a top priority on this retreat. In between workouts and activities (which are all totally optional!), you'll have plenty of time to lay on the beach, go tanning by the pool or take advantage of the complimentary bikes and kayaks at the resort. Also, SUP rentals and pampering spa services are available for an additional fee.
Thursday, February 13
Welcome to Costa Rica! Guests will arrive at the Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) airport and take a provided shuttle to the resort to check in and get settled. We'll come together before sunset for introductions and our first class to move our bodies after a day of travel. In the evening, we'll have a group dinner at the hotel (included) and continue to get to know one another.
Friday, February 14
Adventure awaits! Today we will wake up to a Pilates class which will stretch us out and get our bodies ready for our surf lesson! After breakfast, we'll make our way to a neighboring beach where our expert surf instructors will teach us how to ride the waves, one of the favorite pastimes in Costa Rica. We'll learn skills on land and then put them to the test in the water! The rest of the day will be free to relax and recover, and we'll meet in the afternoon for a more restorative Pilates class. The evening is yours to relax, perhaps with a cocktail around the bonfire?
Saturday, February 15
Wake up to sunshine in paradise! We'll have an invigorating morning Pilates class and then enjoy a fresh, delicious breakfast. Then we'll enjoy a free afternoon to relax and ease into vacation mode. In the late afternoon, we'll come together for a second class with Brooke followed by a free night.
Sunday, February 16
A day of fun in the sun! This morning we'll start with a high-intensity Pilates class and then breakfast overlooking the ocean. We'll have a few hours to relax at the resort, and then we'll be picked up for our afternoon on a catamaran, complete with lunch, drinks, snorkeling, and ultimate relaxation! Upon our return, we'll come together for a group dinner (included).
Monday, February 17
For anyone departing today, we will have a morning class, breakfast and say our goodbyes. For the rest of the group, we'll have a free day to relax at the beach or pool, treat yourself to a spa treatment, or sign up for an extra activity like paddle boarding! In the evening, we'll meet once again for a Pilates class and then have a free night.
Tuesday, February 18
Goodbyes are bittersweet! We'll kick off our final morning with a workout and breakfast, and then we'll soak up our last rays of sunshine, and depart for the airport feeling refreshed and stronger than ever!
About This Event
Imagine Pilates every day in a beautiful, restful and luxurious location, hearing the waves crash and smelling the saltiness of the water. Come and feel your body become rejuvenated and your mind soothed on this getaway in Costa Rica with Coach Brooke Goodwin of Reforming Foundations! We'll work out, relax on the beach and enjoy the ultimate balanced vacation!
"My wife and I joined Brooke’s retreat to Costa Rica in 2018 and found it to be a great mix of fitness, exploration, vacation, and socializing. The daily Pilates classes and activities were rejuvenating and challenging" -John & Annette
- • 4-5 nights accommodations at a luxurious beachfront resort, just 20 minutes from the Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) airport
- • Daily Pilates classes with Coach Brooke
- • Surf lesson for all levels
- • Sunset catamaran adventure with snorkeling and open bar
- • Fresh breakfast provided each morning
- • Two group dinners with farm- and sea-to-table cuisine
- • Transportation to/from Liberia, Costa Rica (LIR) airport
- • All taxes included plus gratuity for bellman and housekeeping
- • Complimentary use of kayaks and bicycles
- • Pool concierge with fresh towel service and sunscreen
- • 15% discount at Spa and Azul aqua sport services
What's Not Included• Airfare
• Select meals
Venue HighlightsOur luxurious boutique resort aka home for the retreat is El Mangroove on the Gulft of Papagayo, just 20 minutes from the Liberia (LIR) airport. With a focus on authentic Costa Rican culture, farm and sea-to-table cuisine, and healthy and active experiences, El Mangroove aligns with Ketanga's values, and we are excited to bring you there! The resort also features a relaxing fully-functioning spa, two restaurants, a swimming pool, and private access to the beach.
AccommodationsGuests will have the choice of a Bark Suite, a 485-square foot room complete with a king bed and private living room area featuring a relaxing hammock next to a window that makes you feel like you're floating in nature, or a Nesto Suite with the same size and amenities, featuring two queen beds. All rooms are complete with WiFi connectivity, air conditioning, a fan, a walk-in closet, workspace, 42" plasma TV, safe deposit box, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and mini bar.
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Fitness Center
- House Keeping
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineBreakfast will be provided each morning and two group dinners will be included as well. We can cater to dietary restrictions and preferences, no problem!
DirectionsRoundtrip airport transportation will be provided.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like