6 Days Montana Yoga, Tai Chi, & Horses Harmony of Body & Mind Retreat
- Both Abby and Suzanne are wellness enthusiasts and horse lovers.
- Their love of horses and passion for wellness will be presented with classes showing you how to connect and train with them using games and the language of ‘horse’ (horse whispering). They will share this amazing experience with other horse lovers who desire spending time with these graceful creatures in a gorgeous setting and beautiful home owned by Abby and her husband Mark.
- •Learn how horses think and how to communicate in their language
- •Connect with mindfulness practices including yoga, moving meditation and Tai Chi, to calm your soul and deepen your spirituality
- • Enjoy an intimate space for growth individually and as a group with like-minded people to co-create community
- •Cultivate the power of community by sharing story, yoga, breath work, and beautiful movement
- •Experience self-study and individual space to connect with “Self”, transforming body, mind & spirit
- •Explore the beauty of Montana with local excursions
- •Indulge in a relaxing wellness and growth experience with “self” and horses
Schedule6:30 AM Sunrise Meditation and Breathe Work at the Ranch; (Possible off-site for people sleeping at additional property)
•7:15 AM Session 1 of Morning Yoga and Stretching
•8:00 AM Group Cooking Class: a nutritious breakfast featuring delicious, custom-made protein smoothies at the Ranch
•9:00 AM Tai Chi/moving meditation
•10:00 AM Snack
•10:30 AM Horsemanship demo with horses: body language, leadership, clarity
•12:15 PM Group Lunch
•1:30 PM-3:30 Free time to rest, walk, journal
•3:30-3:30 PM Snack
•3:30-5:00 PM Group Class on Nutrition
•5:15 PM – 6:00 PM Evening Yoga stretch
•6:15 PM Eat Dinner/clean-up
•7:30 PM Group Vision Board
•8:30 PM Fire Pit and Connection
•9:30 PM Bedtime: Time to turn in at the o’l corral
About This Event
Harmony of Body & Mind is a heart-opening signature process that has been carefully designed by Suzanne. Cultivate transformative personal growth, insight, self-love and wellness involving the horse-human relationship, body awareness, beautiful movement and mindfulness.
This retreat offers leadership & connection experiences that will equip you with skills that can be used to be fully present and at peace with yourself in Body and Mind. The awe-inspiring setting provides a peaceful and unspoiled backdrop for this transformative retreat.
Quote by Abby; CEO Cottonwood Equine Retreats, Abby knows that leaders are invaluable. A home with an authentic leader will be more loving. An office with authentic leaders will be more productive and a lot more fun. No matter where you grew up, it can be tough. Everyone is navigating through their purpose in the world and how to be cool.
The transformative horse/human experience will enable you to
• Learn about and interact with horses on a whole new level of understanding
• Participate in experiences and workshops designed around your specific needs and those of the group
• Become more aware of your own obstacles, fears and how to move past them.
• Gain clarity about communication with self, at work and at home.
• Develop skills in problem-solving, teamwork and creative thinking
• Cultivate self-confidence, courage and authenticity.
• Take all that you’ve learned into the saddle with optional private riding lessons or trail rides. (Applying Tai Chi, Yoga and breath work),
• Engage in learning with the group (and optionally with individual Instructors).
• Practice daily yoga, Tai Chi meditation sessions
• Enjoy the incredible mountains and terrain and get in tune with your bodies, minds, and souls
• Experience connection with the other attendees, and the support of our amazing team of leaders
• Be led in Yoga, Meditation, Tai Chi, Breathe Work, Horsemanship, Group Story Circles & Vision Boards
• Renew and rejuvenate your relationship with self, nature and community connection
• Discover burdens in your life that keep you stuck, and set yourself free
• Learn how to ride as a beginner or enhance your intermediate skills on horses
• Experience Yoga, Tai Chi, moving meditation & horsemanship as a beginner or with intermediate abilities. Go at your own pace!
Mark and Abby, the owners of The Cottonwood Resort provide an authentic Montana experience where lasting memories are made
- •5 nights/6 days Accommodations at a private ranch home on a private horse farm
- •Includes healthy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies and bottled water
- (Gluten Free, Vegetarian Options Available Daily)
- •Transportation to/from airport
- •Hatha Yoga and Tai Chi sessions Daily
- •Horse handling classes
- •Nutrition, Cooking and Wellness Classes
- •Stimulating Story, Connection and Improv Groups
- •Sightseeing Excursions
- •Shopping Excursions
- •Group activities to deepen your understanding of your personal story and wellness
- •Facebook group to connect with others before the event
- •Group Coaching and wellness classes
- •Follow up support (2) sessions after the retreat
What's Not Included•Airfare and Baggage Fees (We will assist you in finding the lowest airfare available)
•Alcoholic Beverages and Soft Drinks at Restaurants
•Appetizers/Desserts or ordering extra items at the restaurants not included in our dinner packages
•Additional nights and food in Montana (if you want to arrive 1 day early and/or stay over one more night the cost is an additional $200 per night)
•Travel & Health Insurance (we recommend getting Travel & Health Insurance when traveling outside of the United States in case of medical emergencies)
•Optional Excursions, private riding lessons or trail rides
•Optional Massages/Spa Services
Venue HighlightsMark & Abby are wellness enthusiasts and horse lovers.
Their love of horses and passion for wellness will be presented with classes showing you how to connect and train with them using games and the language of ‘horse’ (horse whispering). They will share this amazing experience with other horse lovers who desire spending time with these graceful creatures in a gorgeous setting and beautiful home owned by Abby and her husband Mark.
•Learn how horses think and how to communicate in their language
•Connect with mindfulness practices to calm your soul and deepen your spirituality
• Enjoy an intimate space for growth individually and as a group with like-minded people to co-create community
•Experience self-study and individual space to connect with “Self”, transforming body, mind & spirit through connection with our horses
•Explore the beauty of Montana with local excursions
•Indulge in a relaxing wellness and growth experience with “self” and horses
Accommodations• (4) Bedroom Ranch Home each with Private bathrooms
(2) Bedrooms each have three Queen Beds
(2) Bedrooms each have (1) Single Queen Bed
• Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room
•Great outdoor patio and Fire Pit
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
We want our guests to experience our ranch resort feeling better and more equipped with tips and nutritional techniques to take home that will help enhance their wellness in 2020. We’re happy to accommodate dietary requirements to the best of our abilities depending on food selections requested for your event. Many meals can be prepared gluten and/or dairy free, vegetarian and vegan. Catering is available as well as staff to prepare meals for you event.
DirectionsFrom Billings, Montana Airlport to the Resort
1. 1. Start out going west on Terminal Cir toward Overlook Dr.
Then 0.54 miles0.54 total miles
2. 2. Keep right at the fork to continue on Terminal Cir.
1. If you reach Aviation Pl you've gone a little too far
Then 0.03 miles0.57 total miles
3. 3. Enter next roundabout and take the 2nd exit onto N 27th St/MT-3.
Then 3.46 miles4.03 total miles
4. 4. Merge onto I-90 W/US-212 W toward Butte.
1. If you reach Garden Ave you've gone about 0.2 miles too far
Then 15.73 miles19.76 total miles
5. 5. Take the US-212/US-310 exit, EXIT 434, toward Laurel/Red Lodge.
Then 0.32 miles20.08 total miles
6. 6. Turn left onto US Highway 212/US-310 W/US-212 W. Continue to follow US-310 W/US-212 W.
Then 9.03 miles29.11 total miles
7. 7. Turn left onto Broadway Ave.
1. Broadway Ave is 0.7 miles past Marys Ln
2. If you reach Farewell Rd you've gone a little too far
Then 0.28 miles29.39 total miles
8. 8. Broadway Ave becomes Cottonwood Rd.
Then 0.92 miles30.31 total miles
9. 9. Turn left onto Silesia Rd.
1. Silesia Rd is 0.2 miles past McDowell Ln
Then 0.29 miles30.61 total miles
10. 10. Take the 1st left onto River Rd.
1. If you reach Moser Dome Rd you've gone about 1.9 miles too far
Then 0.68 miles31.29 total miles
11. 11. Take the 1st left onto CC Ln.
1. If you reach the end of River Rd you've gone about 0.8 miles too far
Then 0.15 miles31.44 total miles
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Jul 11 - 18, 2020 (8 days)
Aug 8 - 14, 2020 (7 days)
Aug 2 - 8, 2020 (7 days)
Aug 15 - 21, 2020 (7 days)