6 Days Montana Connection with Body, Mind and Horses Wellness Retreat
- Abby and is a wellness enthusiasts and horse lovers.
- The love of horses and passion for wellness will be presented with classes showing you how to connect and train with them using games and the language of ‘horse’ (horse whispering). They will share this amazing experience with other horse lovers who desire spending time with these graceful creatures in a gorgeous setting and beautiful home owned by Abby and her husband Mark.
- •Learn how horses think and how to communicate in their language
- •Connect with mindfulness practices including yoga, moving meditation and Tai Chi, to calm your soul and deepen your spirituality
- • Enjoy an intimate space for growth individually and as a group with like-minded people to co-create community
- •Cultivate the power of community by sharing story, yoga, breath work, and beautiful movement
- •Experience self-study and individual space to connect with “Self”, transforming body, mind & spirit
- •Explore the beauty of Montana with local excursions
- •Indulge in a relaxing wellness and growth experience with “self” and horses
Schedule6:30 AM Sunrise Meditation and Breath Work at the Ranch; (Possible off-site for people sleeping at additional property)
•7:15 AM Session 1 of Morning Movement and Stretching
•8:00 AM Nutritious breakfasts featuring delicious, custom-made protein smoothies at the Ranch
•9:00 AM Movement and meditation
•10:00 AM Snack
•10:30 AM Horsemanship demo with horses: body language, leadership, clarity
•12:15 PM Group Lunch
•1:30 PM-3:30 Free time to rest, walk, journal
•3:30-3:30 PM Snack
•3:30-5:00 PM Group Class on Nutrition
•5:15 PM – 6:00 PM Evening Movement stretch
•6:15 PM Eat Dinner/clean-up
•7:30 PM Group Vision Board
•8:30 PM Fire Pit and Connection
•9:30 PM Bedtime: Time to turn in at the o’l corral
About This Event
Connection of Body, Mind & Horses Wellness Retreat offers a heart-opening experience from connection and restoration. Cultivate transformative personal growth, insight, self-love and wellness involving the horse-human relationship, body awareness, beautiful movement and mindfulness.
This retreat offers leadership & connection experiences that will equip you with skills that can be used to be fully present and at peace with yourself in Body and Mind. The awe-inspiring setting provides a peaceful and unspoiled backdrop for this experiential retreat.
Quote by Abby; CEO Cottonwood Equine Retreats, Abby knows that leaders are invaluable. A home with an authentic leader will be more loving. An office with authentic leaders will be more productive and a lot more fun. No matter where you grew up, it can be tough. Everyone is navigating through their purpose in the world and how to be cool.
The transformative horse/human experience will enable you to
• Learn about and interact with horses on a whole new level of understanding
• Participate in experiences and workshops designed around your specific needs and those of the group
• Become more aware of your own obstacles, fears and how to move past them.
• Gain clarity about communication with self, at work and at home.
• Develop skills in problem-solving, teamwork and creative thinking
• Cultivate self-confidence, courage and authenticity.
• Take all that you’ve learned into the saddle with optional private riding lessons or trail rides. (Applying Tai Chi, Yoga and breath work),
• Engage in learning with the group (and optionally with individual Instructors).
• Practice daily movement and meditation sessions
• Enjoy the incredible mountains and terrain and get in tune with your bodies, minds, and souls
• Experience connection with the other attendees, and the support of our amazing team of leaders
• Be led in Movement, Meditation, Breath Work, Horsemanship, Group Story Circles & Vision Boards
• Renew and rejuvenate your relationship with self, nature and community connection
• Discover burdens in your life that keep you stuck, and set yourself free
• Learn how to ride as a beginner or enhance your intermediate skills on horses
• Experience Movement, meditation & horsemanship as a beginner or with intermediate abilities. Go at your own pace!
Mark and Abby, the owners of The Cottonwood Resort provide an authentic Montana experience where lasting memories are made
- •5 nights/6 days Accommodations at a private ranch home on a private horse farm
- •Includes healthy and delicious meals, snacks, smoothies and bottled water
- (Gluten Free, Vegetarian Options Available Daily)
- •Transportation to/from airport
- •Hatha Yoga and Tai Chi sessions Daily
- •Horse handling classes
- •Nutrition, Cooking and Wellness Classes
- •Stimulating Story, Connection and Improv Groups
- •Sightseeing Excursions
- •Shopping Excursions
- •Group activities to deepen your understanding of your personal story and wellness
- •Facebook group to connect with others before the event
- •Group Coaching and wellness classes
- •Follow up support (2) sessions after the retreat
What's Not Included•Airfare and Baggage Fees (We will assist you in finding the lowest airfare available)
•Alcoholic Beverages and Soft Drinks at Restaurants
•Appetizers/Desserts or ordering extra items at the restaurants not included in our dinner packages
•Additional nights and food in Montana (if you want to arrive 1 day early and/or stay over one more night)
•Travel & Health Insurance (we recommend getting Travel & Health Insurance when traveling outside of the United States in case of medical emergencies)
•Optional Excursions, private riding lessons or trail rides
•Optional Massages/Spa Services
Because Brave Heart Workshops lead and host Wellness Events, some people may attend who are in recovery from substance abuse of drugs, alcohol and eating disorders. We ask at these events if you refrain from drinking, bringing any drugs that are Non-Prescription and Not Discussing Clean Eating and specific diets you are on at the events that might trigger an attendee. We ask that you refrain from Cigarette smoking in the homes of the properties. If you need to smoke we ask that you only do it outdoors. When we go out for meals, if you feel you need to drink an alcoholic beverage, please just be mindful of the other attendees and don’t consume amounts that lead to impairment.
Venue HighlightsMark & Abby are wellness enthusiasts and horse lovers.
Their love of horses and passion for wellness will be presented with classes showing you how to connect and train with them using games and the language of ‘horse’ (horse whispering). They will share this amazing experience with other horse lovers who desire spending time with these graceful creatures in a gorgeous setting and beautiful home owned by Abby and her husband Mark.
•Learn how horses think and how to communicate in their language
•Connect with mindfulness practices to calm your soul and deepen your spirituality
• Enjoy an intimate space for growth individually and as a group with like-minded people to co-create community
•Experience self-study and individual space to connect with “Self”, transforming body, mind & spirit through connection with our horses
•Explore the beauty of Montana with local excursions
•Indulge in a relaxing wellness and growth experience with “self” and horses
Accommodations• (4) Bedroom Ranch Home each with Private bathrooms
Each Bedrooms have three Queen Beds
• Kitchen, Dining Room, Living Room
•Great outdoor patio and Fire Pit
If the event has less than 8 attendees it will be cancelled and then the money is REFUNDABLE
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
We want our guests to experience our ranch resort feeling better and more equipped with tips and nutritional techniques to take home that will help enhance their wellness in 2020. We’re happy to accommodate dietary requirements to the best of our abilities depending on food selections requested for your event. Many meals can be prepared gluten and/or dairy free, vegetarian and vegan. Catering is available as well as staff to prepare meals for you event.
DirectionsFrom Billings, Montana Airlport to the Resort
1. 1. Start out going west on Terminal Cir toward Overlook Dr.
Then 0.54 miles0.54 total miles
2. 2. Keep right at the fork to continue on Terminal Cir.
1. If you reach Aviation Pl you've gone a little too far
Then 0.03 miles0.57 total miles
3. 3. Enter next roundabout and take the 2nd exit onto N 27th St/MT-3.
Then 3.46 miles4.03 total miles
4. 4. Merge onto I-90 W/US-212 W toward Butte.
1. If you reach Garden Ave you've gone about 0.2 miles too far
Then 15.73 miles19.76 total miles
5. 5. Take the US-212/US-310 exit, EXIT 434, toward Laurel/Red Lodge.
Then 0.32 miles20.08 total miles
6. 6. Turn left onto US Highway 212/US-310 W/US-212 W. Continue to follow US-310 W/US-212 W.
Then 9.03 miles29.11 total miles
7. 7. Turn left onto Broadway Ave.
1. Broadway Ave is 0.7 miles past Marys Ln
2. If you reach Farewell Rd you've gone a little too far
Then 0.28 miles29.39 total miles
8. 8. Broadway Ave becomes Cottonwood Rd.
Then 0.92 miles30.31 total miles
9. 9. Turn left onto Silesia Rd.
1. Silesia Rd is 0.2 miles past McDowell Ln
Then 0.29 miles30.61 total miles
10. 10. Take the 1st left onto River Rd.
1. If you reach Moser Dome Rd you've gone about 1.9 miles too far
Then 0.68 miles31.29 total miles
11. 11. Take the 1st left onto CC Ln.
1. If you reach the end of River Rd you've gone about 0.8 miles too far
Then 0.15 miles31.44 total miles
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Karen Zanfardino January 28, 2020
When Jill first encouraged me to attend a Brave Heart retreat my automatic response was that of anxiety and the belief this concept was not in the parameters of my comfort zone. As I witnessed Jill‘s passion and anticipation of the upcoming retreat and more information was presented I reconsidered. Maybe that is what I must do- step outside the parameters of my comfort zone. I began to feel that was exactly what I needed to do in order to pursue a different avenue of healing trauma - one I hadn’t explored before- drama therapy. The idea of getting up in front of a group of people and working through my issues was frightening at first. Immediately there was a camaraderie with the other women. I felt completely safe and comfortable to share parts of my story. I was so moved with the kindness, compassion, and support that my inhibition dissipated being in such accepting environment. I had a sense of belonging and felt a freedom to open up in ways I have never imagined before. The atmosphere was so comfortable relaxed and welcoming. I felt such a privilege to have Dr. Laura Wood as facilitator. Both Dr. Wood and Jill are gifted communicators with extraordinary level of compassion and intuitive caring that provided me a process to move toward healing while also feeling safe. That experience was profound for me. The next year there was no hesitation to sign up. I was excited about continuing unraveling the the layers of trauma. Being at the retreat enabled me to take my health and wellness to a higher level and equip me to empower myself to make some powerful changes in my life. I totally endorse the professional and integrity of Jill Reynolds. With her depth of concern and care for others wellness she brings a high level of experience to succeed in the event she plans.
Carol Rambo January 24, 2020
Although I was not totally convinced I needed to attend a Brave Heart Workshop, I went to be with and support my daughter. I came home a different person, having recognized my codependency issues and was given tools to help me change. This change has been permanent! Jill Reynolds knows how to put a workshop together from beginning to end and she made my experience one of lasting value. Brave Heart Workshops have amazing wellness retreats that change lives. I highly recommend everyone attend these retreats.
Dorothy Yarrington January 23, 2020
Both Of the Brave Heart Workshops I attended were great experiences for me, opening up a door to some issues from my past I was unaware of before. It was challenging, but one of the most enlightening opportunities of my life! I discovered the root of my trauma and was able to take home what I learned in the workshop and fully heal, conquer my fears, and confront major obstacles in my life. I learned about my strength, my desires, my needs, and my true authentic self. I am now a social worker and therapist practicing from a place of solidarity, clarity, and a grounded foundation. I found my voice and my freedom. I feel so blessed, grateful, inspired and hopeful that others can do the same through Jill’s workshops.
Lonnie Sommer January 21, 2020
I have attended two Brave Heart Workshops — an incredible experience both times. Jill has so much experience with different modalities of personal wellness, which makes her retreats so successful. I have personally enjoyed the drama therapy workshop weekends- which have brought much clarity and freedom to my own journey. Jill has a heart and a passion for wellness in body, mind, and spirit, coupled with the skills to make these workshops run efficiently. She balances therapeutic story and body-work with time and space for effective rest, reflection, and rejuvenation.
Ada Wu January 21, 2020
Last July, I had the pleasure of attending one of the Braveheart Workshop retreats held in Nashville, Tennessee. The organizer was Jill Reynold. The facilitator was Dr. Laura Wood. It was a great experience. I got to experience Drama Therapy. It was an unforgettable experience, truly. Not only did I get a chance to visit Nashville, the city of music, but also, and more importantly, I got to experience Drama Therapy and heal my childhood traumas. Jill was super responsible and caring. She helped to arrange hotels, flights, transportation, meals and took us to concerts. She had an eye to discover talents. Because Dr. Wood was one of the most intuitive and skilled therapists as I discovered over the course of the weekend. The healing work was transformative and fun at the same time. The combination of performance and healing really made it much less intimidating and more spontaneous. I truly enjoyed the workshop and recommends it to anyone who has an interest in personal healing or psychology in general.
Sally Levy January 21, 2020
So do you have something getting in your way? Well work through it with psycho drama therapy. With a trained therapist guiding you. Check it out ! I did twice! Maybe a third???
Colleen Dohr-O'connor January 20, 2020
Brave Heart Workshops. Jill kept encouraging me to attend a weekend retreat. I had some trepidation, not fully knowing what it was about. In addition, i was not in a place where i had enough money to go. Jill provided me a partial scholarship that allowed me to go. The weekend was such a breakthrough - truly Life Changing! For all ages - I am in my 50’s, and my healing journey catapulted onto an entirely new & powerful path. Colleen O
Jeremy Sublett January 20, 2020
Brave Heart Workshops showed up at such a crucial time in my life and made an incredible impact I will never forget. Jill puts together a wonderful program. I can’t say enough.