21 days 200h Tantra & Ayurveda Yoga Teacher Training
- YiA International School of Yoga & Personal Transformation
- Alto Boquete, Panama
- Mar 9 - 28, 2020 (20 days)
- Every yoga school offers its own style of teaching ancient yoga philosophy. We strive to empower you to create your own philosophy by using motivational interviewing techniques versus trying to convince or convert you to believe in our philosophy. We believe in you and your ability to make the right choices for yourself, without judgment. The true foundation of our teachings is based on values versus a specific religious or spiritual lineage. The heart of our teachings is rooted in compassion, unconditional love, authenticity and surrendering to the divine flow of life. You can take what you like and leave behind what does not resonate with you.
- Below you will find the strength & power of the YiA YOGA Teacher Training design. It possesses the heart & soul of our vision for our students. Our design is created with you in mind, prioritizing your personal growth, yoga education exploration & transformation first and foremost. YiA trainings are designed to be intimate & personal in order to fully support individual transformational growth in a safe, calming & supportive environment.
- We make time for you. Time for you to express yourself. To share your ideas, your visions, your goals and desires.
- By keeping our training groups small, it allows for the one-on-one attention and teaching time you deserve to transform you from a student to a teacher. At many yoga teacher trainings, students leave without even have had the opportunity to teach a complete asana class, not at YiA. Upon completion of our training, you will feel confident in your ability to guide an inspirational yoga class using your authentic teaching style to empower your students.
- Our trainers are able to hold sacred space filled with unconditional love, transparency, non-judgement & open communication, yet at the same time understand their "humanness".
- United we build an unbreakable foundation empowering you to feel comfortable within your own skin within our yoga family.
- Instead of telling you what we think you should believe, we use Motivational Interviewing Techniques & guided exercises to empower you to choose your own path.
- We guide and empower you to teach from your authentic voice and style. Although this is an alignment based vinyasa training, we encourage our students to teach a style of yoga that is most authentic to them. Students training with us have left teaching, not only vinyasa, but yin, restorative, power yoga, acroyoga, partner yoga, yoga nidra, yoga for kids & thai yoga massage (to name a few).
- We empower you to shift the way you look at the world and assist you to the best of our ability in putting on a "positive lens".
ScheduleThe classes will run from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, along with two weekend days during the month for excursions.
Below is the daily schedule, but it is subject to change based on special classes, guest teachers, and outings.
08:00-10:00 Morning classroom session
10:00-12:15 Morning practice: asana, meditation, pranayama
12:15-13:45 Lunch and study hall
13:45-15:00 Posture clinic: Yoga anatomy, alignment, adjustments, and transitions
15:00-16:00 Class design and practice teaching
17:00-18:00 Study hall
About This Event
Expand your knowledge and significance of the expansive world and holistic approach of yoga and Ayurveda by joining us for a 200-hour advanced yoga teacher training in the picturesque calming tropical mountains of beautiful Boquete, Panama.
During this journey, you will explore the wisdom and abundant compassion of tantric philosophy to further illuminate the innate goodness and empower unconditional love for yourself and those around you.
You will tap into the energy of sacred sexuality by exploring brahmacharya and expand the love, acceptance, and proper care of your physical body, your private temple, through the guidance of Ayurvedic practices.
You will explore various types of meditation, physical alignment of postures, safe adjustment techniques, yoga anatomy, chakras, nadis, and much more.
Most importantly, you will hold sacred space for each one of you as you journey through your personal transformation, united as one.
What will I learn in this training?
You will learn invaluable life lessons that will shift, not only the way you see yourself, but also the way you see the world around you.
We have seen it happen again and again with our students. It is truly inspiring and incredible to witness.
From a mental and spiritual perspective, we strive to empower you to gain a greater understanding of:
• Awareness and greater control over your thoughts
• Surrendering what you cannot control
• Trusting in the universe, embracing the philosophy that everything is exactly as it should be
• Embracing positive thinking
• Further understanding the powerful balance of embracing the Yin and Yang in our lives
• Gaining further knowledge and experience the power of meditation, contemplation, and self-inquiry
From a physical perspective, we will teach you about:
• Yoga anatomy
• Safe and effective yoga adjustments
• Advanced sequencing
• Asana transitioning
• Working with special populations
• Benefits and dangers of yoga
• Ayurvedic body types and Ayurvedic nutrition
• Teaching from your authentic voice
• Understanding the energetic bodies - chakras, nadis, and the law of attraction
We are dedicated to taking you beyond the asana and expanding your knowledge of the wholeness of yoga to empower transformation in your own life.
We offer intimate group settings with 10 to 15 people per session to give you the time and attention you deserve. We teach vinyasa but encourage and empower our students to teach a style of yoga that most resonates with them.
Below you will find the strength and power of our teacher training design. It possesses the heart and soul of our vision for our students.
Our design is created with you in mind, prioritizing your personal growth, yoga education exploration and transformation first and foremost.
This course is designed to be intimate and personal in order to fully support individual transformational growth in a safe, calming and supportive environment.
We make time for you: time for you to express yourself, to share your ideas, your visions, your goals, and desires.
By keeping our training groups small, it allows for the one-on-one attention and teaching time you deserve to transform you from a student to a teacher.
At many yoga teacher trainings, students leave without even have had the opportunity to teach a complete asana class, not with us!
Upon completion of our training, you will feel confident in your ability to guide an inspirational yoga class using your authentic teaching style to empower your students.
Our trainers are able to hold sacred space filled with unconditional love, transparency, non-judgment, and open communication, yet at the same time understand their "humanness".
United we build an unbreakable foundation empowering you to feel comfortable within your own skin within our yoga family.
Instead of telling you what we think you should believe, we use motivational interviewing techniques and guided exercises to empower you to choose your own path.
We guide and empower you to teach from your authentic voice and style. Although this is an alignment based vinyasa training, we encourage our students to teach a style of yoga that is most authentic to them.
Students training with us have left teaching, not only vinyasa but Yin, Restorative, Power Yoga, AcroYoga, Partner Yoga, Yoga Nidra, yoga for kids and Thai Yoga Massage (to name a few).
We empower you to shift the way you look at the world and assist you to the best of our ability in putting on a "positive lens".
Along with the above foundational support, you will also have access to a plethora of educational resources to enhance your learning including:
• Daily asana practice
• Daily meditations including, but not limited to: Metta meditation (loving-kindness), vipassana (practicing equanimity through breath and body awareness) and guided gratitude meditations
• We will explore ancient yoga philosophy and learn how to adapt these powerful teachings into our modern day life to further enhance our happiness, compassion, equanimity, and gratitude
• We will web together teachings from Tantric Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism, and Shamanism, but respect & honor for all belief systems is always held
• Each student will receive an Ayurvedic body type quiz and gain access to valuable teachings on Ayurvedic Health according to your dosha
• You will also receive the Eclectic Energies Riso-Hudson Enneagram Type Indicator Personality Test and access to The 16 Personalities Quiz to assist you in self-study, self-love, and self-acceptance
• Together we will investigate and anatomize the most important yoga postures including alignment, adjustment, transitions, anatomy, and Sanskrit using our specially designed posture clinic worksheet
• You will gain a clear understanding of advanced sequencing and learn how to build a safe, effective and inspirational yoga class using our class design worksheets made just for you!
• You will be empowered to teach using your authentic voice and gain vital communication skills
Be the change you wish to see in the world!
- Direct teaching experience
- Training by 500-hour master level lead trainer
- YiA YOGA training manual
- Daily yoga classes and meditations
- Nature excursions and ceremonies
- YiA international teaching certificate
- Sacred space held for personal transformation
- Access to three different personality quizzes
- Agnihotra fire burning ceremony
- Waterfall hike with guided meditation
- Tantric bathing ceremony in natural hot springs
- Graduation celebration beach adventure
- Water & Tea
- 20 nights of accomondation
What's Not IncludedFlights
Airport transfer (available at an additional cost)
Additional excursions & activities
Thai Yoga Massage
Hot Stone Massage
Ayurvedic Oil Treatment
Deep Tissue Sport Massage
Ayurvedic Holistic Health Consultation
Venue HighlightsYiA Yoga is located in the small mountain town of Boquete, in the Chiriquí province of Panamá, which the westernmost province of the country bordering with Costa Rica. Due to its elevation (approximately 4,000 feet about sea level), Boquete enjoys spring-like temperatures year round, making this area the agricultural breadbasket of the country.
Panama is the natural bridge that unites the Americas and has the greatest diversity of wildlife in Central America. Much of the land, over 1/3, is covered by National Parks with a variety of plants, animals, reptiles, birds, and a wide range of marine life.
Panama offers the complete travel experience with activities such as: zip-lining through the jungle, hot springs, horseback riding, mountain biking, amazing hiking, bird watching, white water rafting, fishing, rock climbing, repelling, surfing, cave exploration, snorkeling, four-wheeling, volcano treks and much more.
Above all else, the culture of people in Panama will amaze you and show you the kind of love and acceptance that will inspire you for a lifetime. They are the kind of selfless people that you can ask for directions and they will walk you to your location, even if they need to go the other way. Or the kind of people you meet on the bus and they invite you into their homes to share a meal after an hour of knowing you. The best way to describe them is open-hearted and they will make you not want to leave.
The valley of Boquete is located in the western highlands of Panama at 1,200 meters above the sea level.
Nestled amongst the country's most mountainous region, this peaceful town is situated between the Caldera River and Baru Volcano.
Surrounded by untouched tropical cloud forests, Boquete is just an hour and a half from unspoiled white sand beaches in the Pacific and 4 hours from Bocas del Toro in the Caribbean.
There will be plenty of opportunities to hit the beach during the weekend to enjoy the warmth of the sun and get to do some of the most amazing scuba diving, snorkeling, and surfing that you can imagine!
Boquete is safe, beautiful, inexpensive, and exciting. It can be easily accessed by 1-hour daily flights from Panama City to David (the country's second largest city), and then a 30-40 minute car or 1-hour bus journey from here.
The "Valley of the Flowers and the Eternal Spring" is home to 20,000 inhabitants whose cultural roots can be traced to Native Indians, Spaniards, Europeans and North Americans among other ethnicities.
Its first settlers came from other areas of Panama, as well as other countries such as Switzerland, Sweden, Germany, and North America.
All give shape to the cultural melting pot that Boquete is today. Most farms and houses still have architectural styles that are reminiscent of these other countries.
On the sheer mountains that surround the valley live the Ngöbe Bugles, an indigenous ethnic group who are highly skilled artisans, famous for their colorful chaquiras (beaded necklaces) and "nahuas", traditional dresses.
Boquete is considered the ecotourism and adventure travel capital of Panama - you name it, Boquete has it.
For extreme adrenaline, white water river rafting in the Chiriqui Viejo. For coffee lovers, coffee tours to coffee plantations and processing farms in Palmira, Palo Alto, and Alto Quiel.
To admire the beauty of the tropical cloud forest, Zip Line Canopy Tours in Palo Alto.
For a challenging trek and a chance to view both oceans from Panama's highest point, hike and camp to the top of the Baru Volcano.
For the most incredible hike, challenge yourself to the Quetzals Trail footpath from Cerro Punta to the entrance of La Amistad National Park.
For a relaxing afternoon, you can soak in the Caldera Hot Springs. For you cowboys, you can go Horseback Riding through Caldera's valleys.
To admire nature's abundance go for a Bird Watching Tour. For extreme sports enthusiasts there is rock climbing and rappelling at Los Ladrillos in Bajo Mono.
During the weekend, boat trips and island hopping tours can be arranged to Bolaños or Gamez Islands in the Gulf of Chiriqui.
Panama's best surfing is just a couple of hours away in the world-famous town of Santa Catalina and the most amazing scuba diving spots are found at Isla Coiba, which is also in Chiriqui's Golf.
The archipelago of Bocas del Toro is only a 20-minute flight away from David and offers a great taste of the Caribbean vibe.
AccommodationsSan Miguel Boutique Cabañas
On-site lodging is available at the beautiful San Miguel Boutique Cabañas. This charming hotel is surrounded by beautiful lush gardens creating a serene natural environment for you to delve into your yoga journey.
We offer 3 different on-site lodging options: For the most economical option pick a shared twin/double room in a shared villa. If you are looking for more privacy, stay at a private room in a shared villa or book the whole villa for yourself.
Each villa has three bedrooms, kitchen, breakfast bar, living room, hot water, and Wi-Fi. There are also hammocks to relax in outside with social areas to enjoy the perfect of weather of Boquete. The accommodation allows you to bring friends and family with you on your journey shall you so desire.
YiA Yoga also offers an array of other various lodging options to suit your needs. For more information please contact us or visit our website.
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
Menu/CuisineBoquete has several groceries, a farmer's market, and variety of fine dining featuring local and international cuisine. Please note that meals are not included in the cost of the training. YiA Yoga recommends that students be prepared to bring snacks to all class sessions.
Each of the on-site villas have a full service kitchen and within walking distance of the villas there are several grocery stores and restaurants. Many times the students cook and eat together both inside the resort and outside in the beautiful town. There are more restaurants per capita in Boquete than anywhere else in Panama! Whatever you crave, they have it!
Whether you desire an evening of fine dining or an inexpensive quick meal you can find fine dining featuring local and international cuisine including: Mexican, Italian, Peruvian, American, Chinese, Argentinian, Japanese, and of course delicious Panamanian. It also hosts several adorable coffee and chocolate shops and an abundance of delicious bakeries.
DirectionsArrival by airplane
Please book your flight to arrive at Enrique Malek airport in David (DAV). Transfer from and to the airport is available upon request.
Panama is just a short plane ride away if you are coming from the USA and cheap flights are available on a regular basis. Eight major USA cities offer direct daily flights to Panama City, Los Angeles, New York, Newark, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta, and Orlando. You can also fly directly from Paris, Madrid, and Amsterdam and other locations around Europe.
Panama City, Panama, and San Jose, Costa Rica are the same distance from Boquete, so it is suggested to check prices for both locations, although flights to David from San Jose are less frequent but if you plan to take the bus, San Jose may be the cheaper option.
If you arrive in Panama City the flight to David is around 30 minutes.
Arrival by bus
If you decide to take the bus, it is about six to eight hours by bus or car. From David to Boquete is it about 45 to 60 minutes by bus, taxi, or a shuttle.
Panama City to David by private shuttle. YiA Yoga can arrange private shuttles from your arrival airport in Panama City directly to Boquete for 450 USD. You will walk off the flight and your very own bi-lingual tour guide will be there waiting for you with a sign with your name on it. No taxis, no airport transfers, no hassles. And you can make stops along the way whenever you would like. To book a transfer, email YiA Yoga.
Panama City to David. You will arrive to Panama at Tocumen International Airport (PTY) and to fly from Panama to David you have to go to Albrook "Marcos A. Gelabert" International Airport (PAC), which is about 45 minutes away depending on the time of day and traffic. You can take a taxi between Tocumen International Airport (PTY) and Albrook "Marcos A. Gelabert" International Airport (PAC) or spend a night in a hotel in Panama City and then take a taxi next morning to Albrook "Marcos A. Gelabert" International Airport (PAC).
A taxi from Tocumen International Airport (PTY) to Albrook "Marcos A. Gelabert" International Airport (PAC) or to a hotel in Panama City should cost around 25 to 35 USD. A taxi from your hotel should not charge you more than 5 USD to take you to Albrook "Marcos A. Gelabert" International Airport (PAC) if you are staying within Panama City.
The last flight to David from Panama City departs around 6:00 p.m., so if you land on Panama City after 1:00 p.m. plan to spend the night in a hotel in Panama City or take a bus to David. The last bus to David leaves Panama City at 3:00 a.m. You should allow at least 3 hours between landing at Tocumen International Airport (PTY) and getting to Albrook "Marcos A. Gelabert" International Airport (PAC) or bus station because of customs, immigration, and then the journey within Panama City.
Panama City to David by bus
If you want to take a bus to David from Panama City, you first have to take a taxi from Tocumen International Airport (PTY) or from your hotel in Panama City to Albrook bus terminal. There, you will be able to catch a bus to David. Busses depart almost every hour so you should not have any problem with the schedule and you do not have to bother with reservations. The only dates when you will not be able to easily catch a bus is when it is a Panamanian National Holiday.
The first bus departs everyday at 6:00 a.m. and the last one departs at 3:00 a.m. The bus ticket from Panama to David costs 12.50 or 15 USD per passenger depending if it is an express bus or not. Express buses are the fastest and depart at 3:00 p.m., 10:45 p.m., 12:00 p.m., and 3:00 a.m. Once you arrive at the bus terminal in David, you can easily take a connecting bus to Boquete for 1.45 USD from the same terminal. The last bus from David to Boquete leaves at 8:45 p.m.
Panama City to David by rental car
You may also rent a car in Panama City and drive to Boquete. This is a good option for those who feel comfortable driving in other countries, but may be overwhelming to some drivers. Rental cars are also available in Boquete. Budget has an office in the town center, so that may be the best option.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due 14 days before the retreat start date.
The remaining balance is non-refundable once paid.
Get full details...
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Wang Xi'an Taiji Costa Rica – Pavones Puntarenas Province Costa Rica Pavones Puntarenas Province Costa Rica4 Nights