Introduction to Yoga Retreat in Portugal - 20-26 May 2020
- * Daily outdoor Vinyasa yoga with a view, guided by Belinda Raitt, flow yoga promotes mindfulness, health and well-being through synchronicity of breath, movement and stillness
- * Daily outdoor Hatha yoga classes, with Belinda, with a focus on posture and alignment
- * Mindful swims in the clear, still, river lagoon surrounded by trees
- * Indulge in a spot of healing forest bathing or relax in the plunge pool overlooking our olive grove
- * Enjoy our deliciously fresh, healthy, homegrown, homemade food
- * Have a guided tour round the historic old city of Tomar
Schedule* Hatha yoga instruction focussing on posture and alignment
* Vinyasa Flow and breath work
* River and/or mindful forest bathing
* Individual therapeutic yoga tailored to your needs
About This Event
Discover what yoga can do for your mind and body, learning the basics in a group with other beginners, at a pace designed to facilitate your own personal yoga journey. During this 5-day retreat (you'll stay with us for 6 nights), we'll gently guide you through a daily yoga practice, taking the time to focus on the correct alignment for each posture (asana) and teaching you how to use your breath to help you to connect with your inner self.
In between, we'll enjoy relaxing forest walks, dips in the nearby river lake, delicious vegetarian food with a Portuguese twist, and a guided tour round the beautiful and historic city of Tomar. This retreat also includes an introduction to journaling, to support you with your ongoing yoga progress and your personal development once you have left Relaxscape.
Your host and lead yoga instructor for the week will be Belinda Raitt.
Learn yoga with other beginners and connect with nature to rediscover yourself
- * 6 nights' accommodation in private rooms with en-suites at Relaxscape, a beautifully restored 100 year old house on an olive farm in rural Portugal
- * All meals at Relaxscape, including wine & beer at dinner
- * Coffee, tea, water available throughout the day
- * Use of our cork yoga mats & blocks
- * 5 Hatha yoga classes with a focus on posture and alignment
- * An introduction to Vinyasa Flow and breath work
- * Introduction to journaling
- * 3 mindful forest bathing walks
- * Individual therapeutic yoga sessions tailored to your needs* Optional massage or other natural therapy treatments
- * Swimming in the nearby river lake
- * Optional fishing and kayaking excursion
- * Guided tour round the historic city of Tomar
- * Transfers can be arranged from Entroncamento or Tomar train station, or from Ferreira do Zêzere bus station. (For an extra cost we can arrange an airport transfer for you).
What's Not Included* Swimming towels (can be hired at venue)
* Airport transfers (can be organized at additional cost)
* Shiatsu massage can be arranged at an extra charge
* Toiletries (we're into sustainability here, so don't provide disposable toiletries like some other places you may have stayed, but we do sell handmade natural shampoo and soap bars that you can then take home with you - we also host workshops throughout the year where you can learn how to make your own!)
* Snacks and alcohol outside mealtimes (but you are welcome to bring your own or buy them from the café 100 meters away), or any meals out
Venue HighlightsRelaxscape is located in the secluded village of Cardal, leading down to a delightful lagoon beach at Bairrada and Bairradinha, on the river Zêzere. It's the perfect spot for river bathing and forest bathing - the village is surrounded by trees and the house itself is set in its own olive grove of 60 olive trees and other fruit trees. A spot of total tranquility. All you can hear are birds and crickets. All you can see is nature. It's a place that nourishes your soul and restores your peace. There is a plunge pool on site and bicycles available to explore the surrounding countryside and nearby town of Ferreira do Zêzere. A little further afield is the historic town of Tomar. We grow our own vegetables at Relaxscape, organic of course, and what we can't grow we source locally wherever possible. We try to be as eco conscious as possible, respecting our environment, using natural materials where we can, re-using and recycling, conserving water, and using renewable energy. Relaxscape is lucky to have a café bar 100 meters down the road too.
AccommodationsYou'll stay in our charmingly restored 100 year old home that combines traditional style and modern comforts, set in a peaceful olive grove surrounded by trees and beautiful views. We can welcome a maximum of nine guests currently. The rooms all have private en-suites, some with waterfall showers and some with deep soak luxury baths (and showers) with views over the olive grove. There are three comfortable single rooms with larger than average beds, two double rooms and one twin (or double) room. Downstairs, there is a spacious open-plan kitchen, dining and sitting room, where you can help yourself to breakfast, lunch and refreshments and where we'll come together to eat a locally sourced (homegrown where possible!), home-cooked meal in the evenings, or out on the surrounding terraces.
Menu/CuisineWe serve homegrown, organic, healthy food here. Where we can't grow it ourselves, we source it locally. It's mostly vegetarian, with some grilled fish and meat for those who can't do without! Breakfast and lunch is help yourself - delicious freshly baked bread, fruit from our trees, salad from the garden, local cheeses and more. Evening meals are cooked for you by our retreat chefs, who are used to catering for vegetarian, vegan, and special diets. There's also the option to eat out at some local restaurants where you can enjoy some more traditional Portuguese food.
DirectionsOur nearest airport is Lisbon. From there, you can choose one of five ways to get to us:
1. Take the Red Metro Line to Oriente train station. From there you can catch a train to Entroncamento (journey time 50 mins - 1 hour) and we can pick you up from there (35 minutes car ride).
2. You can also take a train to Tomar (journey time 1 hr 50 mins - 2 hrs) and we can pick you up from there (20 minute car ride).
3. A bus will get you to Ferreira do Zêzere from Sete Rios bus station. (Take Line 1 bus from the airport and change at Sete Rios). The journey will take 2 hours and from Ferreira do Zêzere it is a 10 minute car ride to Relaxscape.
4. If you would like to be more independent during your stay, we suggest you hire a car at the airport.
5. We can arrange airport transfers direct to us for an extra cost.
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Bend it Like Buddha Yoga – Portimão Faro Portugal Portimão Faro PortugalApr 21 - May 4, 2020 (14 days)