One-week Panchakarma Detox Fall Retreat in Villa de Leyva, Colombia
- While most detox programs are designed to cleanse only the digestive system, Panchakarma targets ALL cells in the body, making it a very thorough and scientific method.
- Our Panchakarma detox program is always customized to each individual, taking into account the client’s goals and any imbalance already present in the body or mind.
- Our detox retreat is held at the gorgeous Kamala Ayurveda Center, with more than 15 years of experience in detoxification and rejuvenation programs. Accommodations are provided at the modern Passadhi Center, located just across the gardens from your treatment room.
- A natural environment, peace, and tranquility are paramount for a detox treatment to be fully effective. Kamala enjoys a fantastic location up in the Andes mountains, in a small, quiet and safe community surrounded by pristine forests and small farms.
- Your Panchakarma program is supervised by an experienced Ayurveda Clinical Specialist and treatments are performed by a Certified Panchakarma Therapist.
- Private group arrival transfer (departure at 2pm) from Bogota International airport to Villa de Leyva (based on your arrival time, we may stop along the way for lunch—not included)
- Meet your fellow retreat comrades during a general retreat introduction
MONDAY TO SATURDAY
- Yoga and contemplation
- Personalized massage and ayurveda treatments
- Time at leisure
- Time at leisure or optional treatments (additional cost)
- Lecture or meditation
- Yoga and contemplation
- Private group airport departure transfer (based on departure flights)
About This Event
There is a place up in the Andes mountains where the air is still fresh, the water abundant, and the forests pristine. A peaceful community of small farms, beautiful waterfalls, colonial towns, and long spells of silence. In this idyllic setting, we have built a healing center, where travelers from all over the world come to rest and restore through the ancient practices of Ayurveda and the communion with nature through fresh, vibrant foods and rejuvenating treatments.
Panchakarma may very well be one of the most effective purification and detoxification treatments you will ever encounter. Panchakarma, which in Sanskrit stands for five therapeutic actions, is a cleansing and rejuvenating program that targets body, mind and consciousness. Although the therapeutic measures may appear quite simple, its effects are extremely powerful. Suffice it to say that Panchakarma cleanses not only the digestive track but the WHOLE body including all organs and even the mind.
We invite you to escape the hustle and bustle of the big city, the stress and traffic jams and join us for a unique Detox and Rejuvenation Retreat set against the magic of ancient forests and the beauty and tranquility of the Andes mountains.
- Round-trip transportation from Bogota’s international airport
- Initial consultation with an Ayurvedic clinical specialist
- Lodging at Passadhi Yoga and Ayurveda Center located in Villa de Leyva, Colombia
- Internal oleation with ghee to liquefy toxins
- Daily massage with warm oils
- Daily steam bath with essential oils
- Daily Sirodhara treatment (application of tempered oil on the forehead)
- Daily Nasya Therapy treatment for cleansing and nourishment of eyes, nose, and voice.
- One Marma Therapy treatment (energy healing)
- Three daily, light, vegetarian meals
- Herbal teas
- Herbal protocol in the evenings
- Elimination of toxins through herbal enemas or herbal purges
- Hatha yoga class and morning meditation (optional)
- Daily talks about Ayurveda, rejuvenation, or spirituality
- Final consultation with an Ayurvedic clinical specialist to design a personalized diet and rejuvenation protocol.
What's Not Included- Alcoholic beverages
- Additional treatments not included in the retreat
- Emotional or spiritual counseling sessions (available at additional cost)
- Herbal formulas that may be recommended for rejuvenation purposes (available at additional cost)
Venue Highlights12 km (7 miles) from Villa de Leyva, a charming colonial town just two hours from Bogota, in Colombia.
Peaceful environment, surrounded by majestic mountains, small farms, beautiful waterfalls, and plenty of silence.
Two Mediterranean-style, modern houses with double rooms with private bathrooms
Beautiful, covered yoga pavilion
Ayurvedic treatment center
Expansive gardens with ponds and organic orchard
Small temple for meditation and rituals.
AccommodationsFour single/double rooms featuring private bathroom, two beds, cable TV, and Wi-Fi. A/C is not necessary.
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineMeals are prepared according to Ayurvedic principles and may consist of dishes prepared with fresh vegetables and grains, legumes, and some fruit.
DirectionsPick-up and drop-off transfer service from the Bogota airport to the retreat center is included.
100% deposit refund for cancellation 60+ days before event.
50% deposit refund for cancellation 30-59 days before event.
0% deposit refund for cancellation 0-29 days before event.
The remaining balance (total price minus deposit) is due upon arrival.
Get full details...