Hari OM 200hr Yoga and Ayurveda teacher training Costa Rica
- The aim of this training is to dive deep into the heart of what it means to practice yoga: by learning to love and care for your body, your home in this world; and by restoring your inner connection through discovering the true self. The training is rooted in bhakti-yoga, the yoga of devotion. Hari OM founder, and lead teacher in the training, Matea, has been a part of this yogic tradition since childhood.
- Open to all levels, this training is equally beneficial for someone looking to become a yoga teacher and share their passion with the world, as for someone seeking to deepen their personal yoga and meditation practice. Beyond yoga, students will be introduced to its sister science of Ayurveda. 'Ayur' translates to life, and 'Veda' knowledge, therefore Ayurveda represents the ‘science of life’, an ancient medicinal and lifestyle tradition that perfectly complements yoga. The two together form a perfect toolset for a healthy, wholesome lifestyle! Keep the body healthy with yoga asana and Ayurvedic healing and nutrition principles, maintain mental and emotional peace, and find balance with mindfulness lifestyle practices.
- Hari OM Yoga teacher training aims to deliver the highest quality yoga asana, philosophy, anatomy and Ayurveda teachings, combining experts in the respective fields and offering all the theoretical and practical knowledge necessary for the students to complete their journey.
Schedule8 am Yoga practice
9 am Breakfast break
10 am - 1pm Class
1-2 pm Lunch
2:30 - 4:30 Teaching practicum and observation
5 pm Meditation
The curriculum consists of:
Yoga asana (poses) theory and practice
Introduction to different schools and styles of yoga
Yoga history and lineages
Yoga anatomy by a therapy professional
Pranayama and benefits of breathwork
Yoga philosophy and history: Bhagavad-Gita, Yoga Sutras by Patanjali
Meditation and mindfulness in everyday life, theory and practice
Types of Meditation
Introduction to Tibetan singing bowl meditation
Introduction to Ayurveda
Introduction to Ayurvedic nutrition, spices and herbs
Connection between Ayurveda and Yoga
Using Ayurveda in Yoga classes and Yoga practice in Ayurvedic healing
Five elements, doshas (bodily constitution) and gunas (modes of nature)
Energy centers of the body, Chakras and Bandhas
Yoga ethics and the seat of the teacher
Yoga business in the modern world, intro to marketing and digital presence
Teaching practicum, group and private yoga classes
Yoga sequencing for specific types of classes
Yoga as therapy, injury prevention and management, yoga for athletes
About This Event
Hari OM Yoga teacher training is a comprehensive program offering an in-depth study of Yoga and her sister science, Ayurveda. The teachings are focused on the classic yoga tradition, while bringing it into context in modern times.
This is a perfect education for anyone looking to become a yoga teacher and deepen their personal yoga practice, meditation journey and knowledge of the health and wellness science of Ayurveda. Upon completion, you will receive a 200 hour certification from Hari Om School of Yoga and Yoga Alliance. Become a certified yoga teacher, practice yoga and meditation in a beautiful, peaceful and natural environment, learn about health and wellbeing and how to enrich yours and other’s lives with Ayurveda, and much more.
Explore gorgeous Costa Rica, practice yoga and meditation in the perfect Zen environment for your journey, make meaningful connections with like-minded individuals from all over the world, and leave feeling re-connected and ready to share your love for yoga with the world.
Powered by Froala Editor
Powered by Froala Editor
Powered by Froala Editor
My experience at Hari OM was a transformative, educational, and life-changing experience! Exceptional instruction in a caring, loving environment where you feel safe to really explore what your gift is as a yoga teacher.
- 21-day accommodation (private and shared options)
- Daily plant-based meal cooked by Ayurvedic principles (1 breakfast/brunch per day)
- Daily yoga and/or meditation class
- Daily educational courses and workshops on topics of Yoga philosophy, anatomy, Ayurveda, mindful living, and more
- Beach mandala drawing workshop
- Weekend farmers market visit
- Hari OM Training manual
- 200hr Yoga teacher certification (Hari OM and Yoga Alliance)
- 45h Ayurveda health coach certification (Hari OM School of Yoga & Ayurveda)
What's Not IncludedAirfare
Airport transfer (can be booked at additional cost)
Other meals or activities (options to add-on surf, SUP Yoga, Jyotish Vedic astrology, Ayurveda healing treatments)
Venue HighlightsCosta Rica naturally allows practitioners to truly connect with nature. From sunrise to sunset, the ocean views become more and more beautiful, and the tropical wilderness helps brings us back to our roots. The Costa Rican selva or jungle is the best soundtrack for yoga and meditation classes.
AccommodationsCozy accommodation hostel is walking distance to the beach and all of the town's entertainment and activities. Its amenities include pool, lounge area, terrace, yoga studio and a shared kitchen.
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Fitness Center
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Ceremony Space
Menu/CuisineAyurvedic nutrition takes your personal dosha or body-mind composition into mind, and offers specific nutritional advice that can be tailored to your needs. Using food as medicine, everyone can find their optimal healthy state. Sample our living foods menu built on organic locally harvested ingredients, including medicinal herbs and superfoods presented in clean, tasty recipes. Hari OM menu is plant based, predominantly gluten and allergen-free, and can be customized to your needs.
DirectionsThe main international airport is San Jose, Costa Rica (SJO), about 4h drive away.
The secondary international airport is Liberia, Costa Rica (LIB), about 1.5h drive away.
The closest local airport is Tamarindo, and charter flights run from San Jose to Tamarindo on a daily basis. That is the fastest way to arrive from SJO. We can assist you in providing transportation from any of the airports, options range from the charter flight, private or group shuttle, or private vehicle. Cost ranges from $50-$150.