Creativity and Well Being in South Devon
- - Guided walk on Dartmoor to Bronze Age settlement.
- - Creative mentoring by local artists to create your own artwork in a
- purpose built art studio with picture windows looking out over gardens
- - delicious local organic vegetarian meals and healthy yummy snacks and smoothies
- - twice daily yoga or mediation sessions
- Yoga/guided meditation walk in the yoga studio or gardens
- Self service breakfast
- Creative workshop in the Art Studio
- Creative time for your own project . ( Day 2 - guided walk on Dartmoor)
-afternoon snack - e.g. energy truffles
- Free time to wander, rest, paint, write, draw
vegetarian evening meal
- Networking with other participants
- Yoga/mediation in the yoga studio
About This Event
5 days, 4 nights on the edge of Dartmoor National Park. Relax, roam and re-energise with a professional team as your guides and mentors.
We will explore the moor, maybe see wild ponies, wake up and go to sleep to the sound of a babbling brook nestled in beautiful gardens.
Creative mornings with a local artist, creative afternoons working on your own project (painting, drawing, potting, sculpting, writing).
Early morning walking meditation or yoga, late evening relaxing meditative practice. Organic local seasonal vegetarian meals.
A final exhibition and sharing of our work.
Come and be held in the ancient British landscape of Dartmoor, famed for its Bronze Age settlements, and leave refreshed and full of creative fire!
"A once in a lifetime experience ... Steph is an exquisite and thoughtful guide through the inner and outer transitions... through storytelling, real magic and deep wisdom." Carolyn Scott - Educator.
- 4 nights accommodation ( mostly in en-suite rooms)
- 1 guided walk on Dartmoor
- 3 healthy organic vegetarian meals a day
- a delicious healthy afternoon snack each day
- a freshly made smoothie each morning
- unlimited teas
- 2 workshops with local artist
- 4 yoga sessions
- 4 mediation sessions
- 3 creative sessions in the studio
- final exhibition in the art studio and sharing circle round the fire by the river
- Pick up from local train station (Totnes)
What's Not IncludedTransport to and from Totnes
Venue Highlightsa gateway onto Dartmoor National Park from the garden.
just a short drive from Totnes, Devon
beautiful gardens and woodland with a river running through
purpose built yoga studio
purpose built art studio
cosy kitchen and dining area
AccommodationsAccommodation in the main house is a combination of single, double and triple rooms, mainly upstairs, some of which are en-suite. Towels and bed linen supplied. Beds to be stripped at the end of your stay for housekeeping to collect. Downstairs there is a library, the dining and chill out area and the yoga studio.
One or 2 rooms can be accessed from outside and maybe suitable for disabled participants. There is one premium room next to the Art Studio in a separate building.
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineSelf Service breakfast: Smoothie, porridge, muesli or granola, fresh fruit, nuts, seeds, dried fruits, honey, agave syrup, fresh breads, nut butters and jams. Tea and coffee always available.
Lunch: homemade soup, fresh breads, cheeses and or humous, salads
Healthy Afternoon snack: home baked energy balls, biscuits or tray bake
Supper: hot meal - typically a grain and a hot dish, or a baked dish. ( e.g veggie chilli or curry, a frittata, squash pie, or roasted dish) Dessert on first and final evening.
DirectionsNearest airport: Bristol - there is an airport bus (Falcon by Stagecoach) which leaves from bus stop 2 right outside Arrivals and takes just under 2.5 hours to the Marley Head junction where we will pick you up and drive the final 4 miles to the retreat centre.
Nearest Train station: Totnes - where we will pick you up and drive you to the retreat centre ( approx. 10 miles). Note: take the train from Paddington Train Station, London. The train journey is direct and takes between 3-4 hours depending on the service you choose.
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Similar Retreats You Might Like
Santuario Healing Amazonian Plant Medicine Center – Pucallpa Ucayali Peru Pucallpa Ucayali Peru13 Nights
11Exhale - La Paz – La Paz Baja California Sur Mexico La Paz Baja California Sur MexicoJul 12 - 26, 2020 (15 days)
Pleiades Village – Peristera Greece Peristera GreeceAug 10 - 15, 2020 (6 days)