Yoga and Hiking Holiday
- Guided hiking through the Hohe Tauern national park
- Daily yoga classes and guided meditations in a panoramic mountain studio
- Stunning remote mountain location
- Outdoor wood fired hot tub with amazing mountain views
- Delicious plant based food
- 7 nights accommodation
Arrival at MoaAlm. Take time to soak up the stunning views on the terrace with a cup of tea and freshly baked plant based cake. Meet other course participants at delicious plant based dinner.
The day starts with an energizing one hour yoga session in our panoramic studio. After an organic breakfast you take a relaxing hike with our local guide on the nearby forest trails. Return to MoaAlm for tea and cake or personal yoga practive before relaxing in the hot tub.
Introduction to the principles of yoga and breath techniques followed by an energizing yoga session. Shorter day hike in the National Park.
You start the day with a guided meditation before heading out with our local guide to tackle one of the nearby peaks. You spot local wildlife such as ibex, before returning to MoaAlm for personal yoga practice and tea.
Free day. You may choose to take your practice outside, go for a self guided hike, or relax in the sun on the terrace with a good book.
This morning's yoga class is a yin session, encouraging you to challenge your mind as well as your body. The afternoon is spent in fits of giggles as you try your hand at acro yoga. BBQ dinner is served on the terrace and the hot tub is lit under the stars.
A final hike to the base of Austria's highest mountain is complemented by an outdoor meditation session taking in the stunning views.
Final delicious breakfast before you head home
Note: This is an example and does not include all activities offered. Itinerary may differ depending on weather conditions. All yoga sessions are suitable for beginners and intermediates.
About This Event
Join this retreat to enjoy daily movement, crisp mountain air, deep relaxation, and plant-based food made with love. In January 2018 MoaAlm Mountain Retreat was featured by The Guardian newspaper as one of the best retreats in the world for mind, body and spirit breaks. On the week of 13th of July MoaAlm offers you a week long yoga retreat at our beautiful home in the meadows and mountains of Austria. You are invited to stretch, release, rejuvenate and meditate in the stunning landscape of the Tyrol Alps. Situated under Austria’s highest peak, discover a space to promote self-care and switch the mind from a state of turbulence to the bliss of nature, restore your batteries, increase mobility, and reconnect with your body.
- 5 one-hour yoga energizing morning yoga sessions
- 7 breakfast buffet
- 6 delicious family style three course, plant-based dinner with an emphasis on local and organic produce
- 6 local wine or beer during dinner
- 7 nights of accommodation in spacious rooms with en-suite bathrooms and glorious mountain views
- 3 wood fired chemical-free hot-tubs
- 5 mountain excursions with our knowledgeable, local hiking guide
- Pick up and drop off to and from Lienz in Ostirrol or Huben Ort
- Communal living room with board games, books, and space for human connections
- Tourist tax and VAT
What's Not IncludedAdditional activities
Venue HighlightsUnique, remote mountain location
Stunning panoramic yoga studio
Delicious, home prepared plant based food
Wood fired hot tub
AccommodationsWe have six spacious bedroom with en-suite bathrooms,. Our South facing rooms have stunning mountain views and access to a shared balcony.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- House Keeping
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOur meals are plant-based, mostly organic and as local as possible. If you have dietary requirements feel free to tell us and we will do our best to make it possible.
DirectionsMoaAlm is situated in a remote location close to the village of Kals am Grossglockner in the Austrian Alps. Depending on your means of transportation we will meet you in/at MoaAlm, Kals (our village, 5 minutes drive to MoaAlm), Huben in Osttirol (a nearby village with a bus stop, 20 minutes drive to MoaAlm), or Lienz (the capital of East Tirol, 30 minutes drive to MoaAlm).
In summer we have private parking next to MoaAlm. In winter you will leave your vehicle at the small parking area just past the final fork. We will drive you the last 2 miles up the local 'Rodel Bahn' (sledging track) also known as our driveway.
Airlines are constantly changing routes and the only way to make sure you have an up to date guide is by going directly to the websites. The nearest airports are Klagenfurt, Salzburg and Innsbruck. Our guests have also flown into Munich and Ljubljana. If you fly into these latter two we advise that you rent a car for transfer to MoaAlm.There are 3 ways to get from the airport to MoaAlm:
1. Airport shuttle taxi: These taxis only operate from Salzburg, Innsbruck and Munich airports in the winter: The tourist office provides a shuttle starting from 70EUR per person one-way on Saturdays - please contact us to book this transfer.
2. Public transport: you can travel by train and/or bus from Innsbruck and Salzburg to Lienz or Huben in Osttirol by public transportation. From Innsbruck main train station there is a direct bus to Lienz four times per day (check-out www. vvt. at). We will pick you up in Lienz or Huben in Osttirol. This is often the cheapest but most time-consuming option. Public transportation in Austria is very reliable and the platforms and directions are clearly indicated. Check-out www. oebb. at for up to date timetables and prices or contact us if you need any help sorting out your options!
3. Car rental: You can also rent a car and drive yourself. This option allows you to explore on your way here. For example, you could skip the Felbertauern tunnel and take the Grossglockner Hoch Alpin Strasse into Osttirol - a stunning mountain road with amazing views. Car rental starts at 140EUR per week. Please check-out rentalcars dot com for more info.
If you don't like flying or driving yourself it might be a good idea to take a train all the way to Austria. The land links in Austria are very reliable and you can find out details of options and prices at oebb dot at - make sure you type 'Lienz in Osttirol' or 'Huben in Osttirol' as your destinations.
Reviews To review this event, visit the page for the venue or retreat leaders (above).
Similar Retreats You Might Like
La Vida Surf – Taghazout Souss-Massa Morocco Taghazout Souss-Massa Morocco8 Nights