Insight 20/20: Designing a Life to Thrive.
- Immerse yourself in the total experience:
- Develop a personalized action plan to thrive in all aspects of life using mindfulness strategies.
- Experience various types of mindfulness meditations, mindfulness exercises & coaching strategies designed to increase focus & awareness and to connect with compassion & empathy.
- Stretch your body and mind with daily yoga for all levels, including restorative, yin and invigorating vinyasa flow.
- Explore the local area with a customized winery and farm experience for all.
- Enjoy free time to explore the surrounding area—hike the sand dunes and forest trails, walk along Lake Michigan’s beautiful beaches, or bike along picturesque backroad trails. Bring your gear!
- Luxuriate in beautiful accommodations at our Green Light Center; plus enjoy daily delicious meals featuring local, farm-fresh ingredients and locally-sourced juices, beer, cider, & wine. All dietary restrictions accommodated.
- Co-hosted by Ashley Nelson of Inseus and Shahnaz Broucek of OptimizeU. Ashley and Shahnaz are both deeply passionate about helping people unlock their full potential to lead authentic, more productive, healthier lives. Through their own lives, they have experienced the challenges of managing multiple responsibilities and giving without renewal, both personally and professionally, which led them on their own unique journeys discovering mindfulness. They are both currently enrolled in Teacher Certification at the Search Inside Yourself Leadership Institute, a mindfulness program founded at Google that is proven to reduce stress, improve focus, raise peak performance, and improve interpersonal relationships. Ashley and Shahnaz were drawn to work on this retreat together from their many shared life experiences as mothers, partners, entrepreneurs and life-long learners, who use mindfulness practice to enrich all aspects of life.
- Ashley, a former senior executive leading a global business unit at a Fortune 500 company, with over 25 years of management experience, is a teacher, executive coach, consultant and the founder of Inseus. For more than a decade, Ashley has been sharing the power of mindfulness in corporate, community and non-profit settings as a way to transform lives and enable individuals to thrive. An SIY Certified Teacher, qualified Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) teacher and certified yoga instructor, Ashley and her team design and deliver mindfulness based programs that empower leaders and enhance organizational effectiveness, in an effort to make this world a more peaceful place.
- Shahnaz brings over 30 years of leadership experience across multiple industries to her work as an executive coach. Her coaching approach is founded in mindful engagement and other positive business best practices, the latest research in applied neuroscience and emotional intelligence. She is certified as a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) by the International Coach Federation. Shahnaz teaches Coaching and Mentoring in Organizations for MBA students at Ross and was awarded a University of Michigan’s Provost Teaching Innovation Prize (2018). She is passionate about helping people optimize their lives personally and professionally.
ScheduleFriday, October 2
12:00pm Check-in + nature activity
3:00pm Welcome + yoga
5:30pm wine tasting + appetizers + opening circle
9:00pm Meditation + bonfire
Saturday, October 3
7:00-7:45am Optional AM Activity
10:30am Neuroscience of mindfulness + stress workshop
12:00pm Lunch at farm + equine mindfulness
3:30pm Meditation + journaling
4:00pm Navigating obstacles + resiliency + journaling
7:30-8:30pm Meditation + gratitude
8:30pm Evening circle / bonfire
Sunday, October 3
7:00-am Optional AM Activity
10:45am Wisdom circle
1:00pm Envisioning + action plan
2:00pm Closing Circle
About This Event
UNPLUG. CENTER. THRIVE
Join us for a weekend exploration of mindfulness to unlock your full potential, set along the beautiful wooded shores of Harbor Country, Michigan.
Whether it’s your first introduction to mindfulness or part of your ongoing practice, you’ll come away refreshed and reenergized with greater clarity, a renewed sense of purpose, and a toolkit to integrate into daily life.
- All meals and activities are included in pricing. Additional health coaching or life coaching services can be added if desired. Accommodations are available and local attendees are welcome to commute if they prefer.
What's Not IncludedLife coaching 1:1 sessions
Health coaching 1:1 sessions
Venue HighlightsGreen Light Center set in the woods of Harbor Country, Michigan just steps from the shores of Lake Michigan.
A 90-minute drive from Chicago, this private venue includes meeting and gathering spaces, meditation, yoga and mindful movement areas, an outdoor pool, and easy access to a wide variety of local attractions, shopping, and points of interest. The cottage accommodates 10 overnight guests. For larger groups, we reserve additional rooms at a nearby bed-and-breakfast.
AccommodationsPlease contact us if you need to discuss other options for your accommodations.
- A/C in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Hot Tub
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineDaily delicious meals featuring local, farm-fresh ingredients and locally-sourced juices, beer, cider, & wine. All dietary restrictions accommodated.
DirectionsHarbert, MI USA
Fly into Chicago or Detroit. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need more information to make your travel plans.