Growth Marketing Manager
Are you looking for something different? Would you like to use your skills to make the world a better place? Imagine there exists a company that really understands this by respecting your work-life balance, encouraging you to meditate and go on retreats, and knows that caring for others is of utmost importance: a company where not only is your work important, but you are too. Retreat Guru is all of this!
Our performance marketing team is looking for a driven and experienced growth marketing manager to manage and execute a full-funnel, omnichannel digital marketing strategy for Retreat Guru's SaaS enabled marketplace.
Working at Retreat Guru is an enticing blend of teamwork, personal development and tech. Join us to work with truly awesome people (if we may say so ourselves!). Our team is more diverse and interesting than you might expect for a tech shop in small, remote Nelson. We work out of the Jam Factory, a unique co-working space with daily meditation practice, weekly yoga sessions, regular sharing circles and lunchtime presentations.
Wishing for a family-friendly work environment? We have you covered! Raising children (or pets!) means you need to be there at odd times and often last minute, and your family should be your priority: flexible working hours and options to work from home are all a part of our culture.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the Sales, CS, and Product teams to optimize the B2B/SaaS funnel and improve customer experience and retention
- Execute on go-to-market growth experiments and marketing campaigns, launches and promotions, ensuring the right positioning and messaging is communicated to customers across all verticals
- Execute the marketing and growth strategy to own the plant medicine sector and the operationalization of the plan to expand to yoga, meditation, and beyond
- Monitor and report on marketing performance metrics, adjusting course where necessary
- Execute the email marketing strategy and the development, testing, and scaling of email sequences and campaigns to engage customers with the most targeted, relevant, and helpful content at each stage of their journey
- Own the communications calendar to coordinate email campaigns and sequences across B2B and B2C platforms
- Strategize and improve email collection (on-site and through partnerships)
- Work with product teams, UX and UI freelancers and contractors, and leadership to design, implement and refine the customer journey on the website to optimize for conversions and search
- Coordinate programs for leveraging existing blog, vendor, and participant assets (e.g. reviews)
- Execute the content marketing strategy and own the editorial calendar to distribute content across key distribution channels
- Grow the affiliate and partnership program by evaluating, onboarding, testing, and integrating new partners and programs to set Retreat Guru’s marketplace up for massive post-pandemic success.
We need you to have
- 3-5+ years of experience in a growth or marketing role, ideally with a tech startup
- A proven track record in executing large-scale marketing campaigns, managing the campaign process from start to finish, ideally for CPG ecommerce brands
- Experience in email marketing, working with complex email service providers and CRMs (Klaviyo preferred)
- Deep proficiency with 1-2 marketing channels (content, partnerships/affiliates, social media, paid acquisition, email, etc) with working knowledge of several others.
- Experience with both B2C and B2B marketing.
- Experience working with a marketplace or SaaS enabled marketplace
- Experience hiring and managing marketing agencies, freelancers, and contractors
- Familiarity with BI and analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Hotjar, Metabase and Mixpanel
- Experience working with Google Optimize, VWO, Optimizely or another A/B testing
- Previous experience with HTML and content management systems
- Bonus points for experience in project management.
- Data. You are a data-driven growth marketer with a keen sense of consumer psychology.
- Seeing projects through to completion.
- Execution. Rolling up your sleeves and getting the work done is your jam.
- Teamwork. Helping your team, no matter what the task might be.
- Systems. You’re proficient at developing excellent internal relationships to understand the interdependencies of other teams to avoid last minute fire drills.
- Innovating. Finding creative, innovative ways to solve problems and thinking outside of the box is a growth marketer’s biggest weapon.
- Impact. You love to use your skills to help others improve their lives and businesses.
- Curious to a fault. You love to test
- Able to do what needs to get done
- A quick learner of new tech and how different tools can work together
- Reliable and dependable, never missing a deadline
- Friendly — you like people and working on a team
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Retreat Guru
Our mission is to become the leading place to find and book a safe and trusted spiritual retreat.
We believe human beings are innately wise, strong and kind. We also believe that mindfulness and meditation enable human beings to reach their full potential. Going on authentic retreat is a beautiful way to reconnect to our basic sanity and health. Our aspiration at Retreat Guru is to inspire people to experience authentic retreats and reconnect with their innate wisdom, strength, and kindness.
We have a consumer facing marketplace (AirBnb for spiritual retreats) and a SaaS product for businesses who offer retreats. We are currently working on bringing these two products closer, creating a symbiotic relationship resulting in more people to going on retreat.
More information about our company is here.