Head of Analytics
About Retreat Guru
Retreat Guru's mission is to become the leading place to find and book a safe and trusted retreat, and our initial focus is on the traditional medicine of Ayahuasca.
We believe human beings are innately wise, strong and kind. We also believe that mindfulness and meditation enable human beings to reach their full potential. This wisdom, although not always experienced, is always present. Going on authentic retreat is a beautiful way to reconnect to our basic sanity and health. Our aspiration at Retreat Guru is to inspire people to experience authentic retreats and reconnect with their innate wisdom, strength, and kindness.
The experience also helps strengthen or restart one’s spiritual practice.
To develop a unique booking software product designed specifically for retreats you need a seriously awesome team, and that’s what we are. Do you thrive in creative and mindful environments? Do you have a yearning for collaboration, authenticity, and a bit of fun while still working in the retreat and wellness space? Join our team that’s transforming the retreat/wellness community worldwide.
More information about our company can be obtained at:https://retreat.guru/.
The Position - Head of Analytics
Retreat Guru is looking for a Head of Analytics to join its growing team based in the picturesque mountain town of Nelson, British Columbia (remote candidates will be considered). You are our first data analyst hire, and we'll look to you to build a data driven culture at Retreat Guru and to collaborate with a variety of departments to drive decisions and provide direction for future growth. You'll leverage your quantitative expertise to understand how Retreat Guru can unlock marketplace opportunities; techniques will include experiment design, predictive modeling, observational analysis, pattern recognition and any others as needed.
In this role, you'll partner with Product and Marketing teams to set clear goals, measure progress against them and influence their respective roadmaps. You'll also collaborate with Engineering to understand all data flows, build new flows as needed and create appropriate data dictionaries for business users.
With three plus years of experience, you lead by example, love rolling your shirt sleeves up, and are comfortable simplifying complex raw data into user friendly explores, looks, and dashboards for audiences across the organization as well as performing complex ad-hoc data and analysis requests.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage key conversion points in the marketing funnel
- Manage and optimize landing pages, website calls-to-action (CTAs), and lead-generating forms
- A/B test and continually measure the performance of CTAs
- Collaborate with teams responsible for blogging, email, social media, in order to optimize each conversion path
- Optimize our marketing’s conversion paths
- Increase conversion rates and drive marketing-qualified leads for our sales team
- Optimize the lead-to-customer conversion rate
- Increase funnel marketing efficiencies
- Using analytics and web optimization tools to study traffic patterns, exit rates, and conversion funnels
- Lead and execute the CRO, A/B testing, and overall strategy for existing and new product launches and enhancements
- Regular competitive analysis
- Studying traffic patterns, exit rates, and conversion funnels
- Identifying and correcting leaks in conversion funnels
- Creating multi-variant conversion testing processes
- Leveraging new & emerging acquisition channels
- Collaborate in design and implementation of user experience tests
- Collaboration with design team for creative direction on conversion elements
- Communicating to our product and engineering leads relevant data concerning site (sales) performance
What you'll do:
- Identify and address sources of PII
- Define MixPanel Ecommerce Strategy
- Define Google Analytics Ecommerce Strategy
- Define Data Layer Strategy
- Define Tag Management Strategy
- Define MixPanel Event Properties Strategy
- Define MixPanel User Properties Strategy
- Define MixPanel Data Visualization Strategy (flows, funnels, custom events, retention, formulas)
- Define Google Analytics Event Strategy
- Define Google Analytics UTM Strategy
- Define Google Analytics Data Visualization Strategy (user ID, site search, goal completions, custom dimensions, sequenced segments, enhanced e-commerce)
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- Past experience with web analytics, A/B testing, and inbound marketing tactics
- Proficient using smart CTAs and smart form features to optimize for lifecycle stage and progressively profile our leads
- Good time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Critical-thinker and problem-solver
Nice to have:
- Exemplary relationship builder who is consultative in nature and forms partnerships with coworkers and customers
- Taking initiative and working independently while adapting to change in a fast-paced environment
- Thinking creatively, learning quickly and handling ambiguity
- Solving problems and finding solutions
- an open minded individual and love both learning and teaching others
- curious and entrepreneurial
- very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- capable of making informed critical decisions—you’re not afraid to make a tough call
- comfortable giving opinions—you ask questions and are willing to suggest a better solution
- incredibly organized and capable of prioritizing conflicting demands and tasks
- self-motivated with a great attitude
- friendly—you love people and working on a team
- willing to take risks for the good of the product and company
- excited about building a product that solves real problems and seeing it used by real people
Nature of Position: Full time
Location: Nelson, BC - Remote candidates considered. Remote employees must be willing to travel to our Nelson office as necessary.
Salary and Benefits:
Negotiable based on the candidate
We provide healthcare benefits to all of our employees and their families
Address: 303 Vernon Street, Nelson, BC, Canada. 1 888-881-0404
How to apply
Send your resume and optional cover letter explaining why you are interested in working with us to Michelle Heinz, at email@example.com