Senior Software Developer
Are you looking for something different? Know your skills would be best used to make the world a better place? Imagine there exists a company that really understands this by respecting your work-life balance, encouraging you to meditate and go on retreats, and knows that caring for others is of utmost importance: a company where not only is your work important, but you are too.
Retreat Guru is all of this!
Is our development team the right place for you? If you have an entrepreneurial mind, love a good laugh and also are happy engineering software, it just might be!
Working with Retreat Guru is a enticing blend of teamwork, personal development and tech. Join us to work with truly awesome people (if we may say so ourselves!). Our team is more diverse and interesting than you might expect for a tech shop in small, remote mountain town. We work out of a unique co-working space with daily mindfulness, yoga sessions, regular sharing circles and lunchtime presentations.
Wishing for a family-friendly work environment? We have you covered! Raising children (or pets!) means you need to be there at odd times and often last minute, and your family should be your priority: flexible working hours and options to work from home are all a part of our culture.
We need you to have:
- Multiple years of hands-on professional experience in software development/engineering developing well-designed object-oriented software
- Proficiency in multiple development languages
- In-depth knowledge of the software development life-cycle and concepts of software engineering
- Good grasp of version control and experience using it (Git/GitHub)
- Experience writing automated tests using a test framework
- Experience refactoring legacy codebases
- Experience in relational databases (SQL or Postgres)
- Experience in frontend development (HTML/CSS/JS and Vue.js)
- Experience programming in PHP (especially Laravel or Wordpress)
- Past UI / UX related development experience
- Solid grasp of Linux based systems
- Helping your team, no matter what the task might be
- Finding creative, innovative ways to solve problems
- Making your own choices both at work and in your life
- Working with a team you can trust
- Using your skills to bring good to others
- Eager to learn new skills
- Able to do what needs to get done
- A quick learner of new tech and how different tools can work together
- Reliable and dependable
- Self-motivated with a great attitude
- Friendly — you like people and working on a team
About Retreat Guru:
Our mission is to become the leading place to find and book a safe and trusted spiritual retreat.
We believe human beings are innately wise, strong and kind. We also believe that mindfulness and meditation enable human beings to reach their full potential. Going on authentic retreat is a beautiful way to reconnect to our basic sanity and health. Our aspiration at Retreat Guru is to inspire people to experience authentic retreats and reconnect with their innate wisdom, strength, and kindness.
We have two products: a consumer facing marketplace (AirBnb for spiritual retreats) and a SaaS product for businesses who offer retreats. We are currently working on bringing these two products closer, creating a symbiotic relationship resulting in more people to going on retreat.
More information about our company is here: https://retreat.guru/about.